What's new

Dialogue offer: Taliban offer ceasefire to new government

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD:
The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), the outlawed umbrella of militant groups blamed for most violence in the country, said late Wednesday that they do not rule out a ‘ceasefire’ if the new government ‘shows seriousness’ to their dialogue offer.
The ultraconservative group had also offered ‘conditional dialogue’ to the previous ruling coalition in February only to withdraw it after they did not receive a ‘positive’ response.
Now, TTP spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan says if the incoming government takes the Taliban talks offer seriously, his group will also come up with a positive response.
“If they [the new government] takes our dialogue offer seriously and makes some progress, then we could also stop attacks,” Ehsan told The Express Tribune by the phone from undisclosed location.
The incoming prime minister, Nawaz Sharif, said this week that the Taliban’s offer for dialogue would be taken seriously. “We have seen Nawaz Sharif’s reported remarks and respect his statement about our dialogue offer,” Ehsan said.

“I would reiterate that we are serious in our dialogue offer but the outgoing rulers had adopted a non-serious approach,” he added. “The TTP does not declare a ceasefire now and any such decision would depend on the new government’s approach.”
The TTP spokesman further said, “I cannot say now that we are stopping attacks but there could be a possibility of stopping attacks as a goodwill gesture once the new government takes some serious steps.”
Published in The Express Tribune, May 16th, 2013.

We cannot have peace with bearded barbarians known as the Taliban. The militants have destroyed everything we hold dear. Having peace with the killers of thousands of Pakistanis is not a good option. I still have hopes with Imran Khan because he is a Burki from his mothers side and knows FATA better than most because of this. I hope Imran Khan really has the power to change things.

We cannot have peace with bearded barbarians known as the Taliban. The militants have destroyed everything we hold dear. Having peace with the killers of thousands of Pakistanis is not a good option. I still have hopes with Imran Khan because he is a Burki from his mothers side and knows FATA better than most because of this. I hope Imran Khan really has the power to change things.

So you have hopes because of a person's blood line ?

very naive if you ask me.

:lol: he knows shyt about FATA.

anyway lets wait and see what NS does and bring for us :)

So Nawaz Shariff is not an infidel, even though he clearly said he will support WOT :what:, or is because they believe he will implement Sharia in Pakistan like he tried to do in 1998 through sharia bill. Whatever the case I hope NS knows what is dealing with. And am sure IK will have a hand in dealing with the mess, I say bring home the strayed ones and crush the leadership :butcher:

So Taliban wants summer off and get some badly needed rest and relaxation plus re group re arm so they can restart again,On positive note Nawaz is traveling to Riyadh for further instructions.

If they are willing to put down their arms then we should consider it.

Lure them in with vast promises in a specific area and drop a bomb on them, simple.

good move but they must demand something against ceasefire and i m sure the demand woud b unacceptable to the governmnt...

So Taliban wants summer off and get some badly needed rest and relaxation plus re group re arm so they can restart again,On positive note Nawaz is traveling to Riyadh for further instructions.
but fighting is not what is usually do in summers because i thought they always take winter vacations; but yes NS is going to KSA for further instructions,

Actually imran khan's mother shaukat khanam was an indian mohajir, belonging to a burki family from meerut (india).
Imran Khan Latest Interview Part:1 - YouTube
At 4:24 he mentions his mother background.

Back
Top Bottom