What's new

DI Khan central jail under attack !

What difference it makes? The Taliban can force the prisoners into terrorism as a payback right?

Lol....no, its not a movie dear, and you really think all 248 prisoners fled together?....yeah right!!.....

All this at a time when Pakistani President was being elected. There is simply no excuse for such a failure. KPK at large is now being treated as South Waziristan, someplace far away with no rule of law and lashkars ruling supreme.

Anyone with half a brain would understand that we need to take extra care in KPK with the American withdrawal in 2014 and the danger that TTP may align itself with Afghan Taliban against the Pakistani state. Under the guise of strategic depth we are giving KPK to these lunatics on a platter.

You need to differentiate between terrorists and prisoners escaped....so please confirm whether 243 escaped were just prisoners or terrorists

The TTP militants used loudspeakers to call their cadres by name one by one ..... So, I believe all 243 are TTP men including 30 commanders (And according to unconfirmed reports, one of them is Swat Taliban founder Sufi Muhammed)...

Lol....no, its not a movie dear, and you really think all 248 prisoners fled together?....yeah right!!.....

Dearest... Whether the 248 prisoners fled one by one in a straight line or in groups is NOT an issue.....They escaped.... Between kindly explain what is the relevance to my original post?

You need to differentiate between terrorists and prisoners escaped....so please confirm whether 243 escaped were just prisoners or terrorists

طالبان کا دعویٰ

کالعدم تحریک طالبان کے ترجمان شاہد اللہ شاہد نےبی بی سی کو فون کر کے بتایا کہ جیل پر تقریباً ڈیڑھ سو کے قریب ساتھیوں نے حملہ کیا حملے کے نتیجے میں دو سو کے قریب جیل میں قید ساتھیوں کو رہا کرا لیا ہے جبکہ اس حملےمیں ان کے دو ساتھی بھی مارے گئے۔

According to Dawn, dozens of heavily-armed Pakistani Taliban insurgents freed nearly 175 inmates, including 35 ‘high-profile militants’.

Now that sucks! These 'high profile' terrorists are going to extract retribution by indulging in all sorts of terror activities including raids on important government establishments etc. So expect more carnage in the very near future!

It is amazing that a prison holding so many 'high profile' terrorists was being provided just the usual security. It should have been well guarded.

Considering that conspiracy theorists are a dime a dozen in Pakistan, some clowns are going to go shouting from the rooftops that RAW was involved in rescuing the TTP from there!! :cheesy:

Oh yeah! Now why didn't I think of that? :blink:

These militants are trained to military standard and armed.

They are provided bases in Afghanistan and receive foreign funding.

Our national objective should be to identify who is funding these groups.

Where is the security policy and anti-terrorism laws???

Dearest... Whether the 248 prisoners fled one by one in a straight line or in groups is NOT an issue.....They escaped.... Between kindly explain what is the relevance to my original post?

My dear for me and the likes, the main focus is on the terrorists rather than small timers. I am not suggesting that we should not chase them up, but terrorists are of more importance and i believe that what the motive for army and prison authorities was......
But they should have prevented the escape be it a single criminal or 5000

طالبان کا دعویٰ

کالعدم تحریک طالبان کے ترجمان شاہد اللہ شاہد نےبی بی سی کو فون کر کے بتایا کہ جیل پر تقریباً ڈیڑھ سو کے قریب ساتھیوں نے حملہ کیا حملے کے نتیجے میں دو سو کے قریب جیل میں قید ساتھیوں کو رہا کرا لیا ہے جبکہ اس حملےمیں ان کے دو ساتھی بھی مارے گئے۔

Figure shared by commissioner is 30-40 terrorists, rest of them were inmates

My dear for me and the likes, the main focus is on the terrorists rather than small timers. I am not suggesting that we should not chase them up, but terrorists are of more importance and i believe that what the motive for army and prison authorities was......
But they should have prevented the escape be it a single criminal or 5000

I read in a Pakistani news where some ex-Army were the advisers of the Taliban commanders... So it hard to tell who is on what side!

@balixd Yaara the whole loudspeaker thing (as simple as it sounds) points towards a very tight operation (as in they didn't just open up every cell they could or haphazardly round up as many of their incarcerated cadre as they could and then make a run for it- they were organized down to every small detail), they were inside the prison for a significant amount of time- they called out their cadre- (all of this would be immaterial had they been unable to egress) and then they vanished. So it would not be far fetched to assume that a majority of the escapees will be terrorists- since the attackers took specific care to collect their HVTs. Still, lets see if some credible details surface.

@Hyperion @Oscar @Secur @Armstrong I am still not buying this, how did they just disappear? If a 100+ combatants attacked the prison then how did they find the manpower to set up ******** road blocks on routes heading to the prison, they seem to have quite a few combatants at hand? A curfew was declared so the streets would have been empty leaving no avenue for the escapees to mix in with the populace or move undetected, isn't that so? What's the topography of the region, is the prison in close proximity to ravines, forests, canyons? How could they possibly execute such a clean egress while being surrounded?

Last edited by a moderator:
This news does not bode well even for us. GOI should declare high alertness along the LOC and must bring in more soldiers if required. Expect more bad news from across the border in coming months. We must make sure this madness does not spill to our side. No more slackness.

2 words INSIDE JOB!

I do have a lot of valid points about SWAT operation, which makes it look like a Fake operation.

Most of these Taloobs were arrested from swat.

Why would you keep such criminals in a jail next to FATA? (happened in the past)

Why were they not killed? Army have killed a lot of innocent people (millions) so a few hundreds criminals wont make any difference to Generals!.

Don't give me that BullSh*T that courts release them! the army is STILL the most powerful organization in the country and will get away with anything in the name of national interests.

As a high ranking officer said, We are ready to sacrifice hundred of thousands as long as our "Assets" are save.

^^^^^^^^^
long story short

Conclusion: Majority of the things that do happen in PAK, the powerful organization is behind it (for some valid reasons)

or

They have lost it! cant control sh*t.

We will find this out when the Americans withdraw.

Coming from a neutral/not influenced mind!

Taliban militants armed with rocket-propelled grenades and suicide vests break out 300 prisoners including 25 'dangerous terrorists' after storming Pakistan jail | Mail Online

Check out the best rated comment! Lol.

Pakistan 1% (includes generals, politicians, Richies) is as corrupt as any other nation in the world & they dont give a flying F*CK about 99% Pakistanis.

This is indeed a very dark episode for Pakistani authorities, why did they keep these high profile terrorists close to the Tribal areas, They should have been kept in high security prisons, This adventure by the TTP has emboldened them to carry out more similar attacks, I wouldn't be surprised if more of these attacks are carried out by the TTP on Jails in the future.

[MENTION=141953]
@Hyperion @Oscar @Secur @Armstrong I am still not buying this, how did they just disappear? If a 100+ combatants attacked the prison then how did they find the manpower to set up ******** road blocks on routes heading to the prison, they seem to have quite a few combatants at hand? A curfew was declared so the streets would have been empty leaving no avenue for the escapees to mix in with the populace or move undetected, isn't that so? What's the topography of the region, is the prison in close proximity to ravines, forests, canyons? How could they possibly execute such a clean egress while being surrounded?

There were probably more than a 100 combatants.. and by the looks of it they planned out the operation well.
One has to understand that the Pakistan state has constantly been reactionary and not proactive against the TTP. Basically, they wait for things to happen to take action against them; be it the GHQ, Airbases , Convoy ambushes etc. Before Kamra, most PAF bases save Shahrea-e-Faisal and those in the major cities were easier to get into than cheap nightclubs.
Additionally , the populace(and politicians) of KPK(and Punjab to an extent) have an on and off romance with the Taliban and since many of them are from the province.. there will always be willing and unwilling sympathizers. There is no way to tell apart whether the police officer is fake and there is no way to suspect whether the passer by is a terrorist or just a grocer going home from his shop. A clean egress could be easy as long as you have someone within those walls telling you where the security forces are looking for you.
Moreover, it depends on how many streets were there for them to cross and how many were simply urban lanes that were going to be easy routes out.
This is D.I Khan and A is the jail.. you can see the many little streets and paths they could take to slip out in the early assault.
i67i.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom