What's new

Dhoni Criticising URDS system looks like India is biggest benefishery of bad decision

Super Falcon

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
for just one decision he is creticising the system i dont think so technology should be criticised i dont think so URDS done anything wrong here on bell out he given not out it is umpire mistake not URDS mistkae if he want to criticise he must criticise umpire and one way or other he can get bad decision too so why he is crying if URDS was not in place and bell was not given out by umpire but he was out what can he do than if something good comes to game why dhoni is crying seems like india win matches only than when they get decisions in their fever india is big benefishery of bad decisions and if they take out URDS cricket cannot be as globalise as soocer is becoz of 90 percent of fair play look tennis loook soocer using technology in game why dhoni is crying if belll was not out and given out on yesterdays match would he be still crying like that he just care about himself not for the game we pakistan want to loose game fair and square i think if you loose game fair and squre you accept all lossing matches yes in the yesterday match case bell was out but not by the eroor of technology but the eroor of umpire so why criticise technology he should have criticised umpire not technology

and u opened thread.he was right to object,it cost us match
now who is crying??:D

1. There is already a thread on this topic

2. Please use punctuations, otherwise it looks like a rant

3. He did not criticize the UDRS technology, he criticized it's implementation

4. Did you do an empirical study on which country is the biggest beneficiary of bad decisions? If yes, please present it here. If no, then your post has no credibility.

5. There is no technology in Soccer as you claimed. In fact, there is a big debate going on about introducing goal-line technology in Soccer but the world body over there is actually opposed to it for the exact same reason India is opposing it. That reason is that the technology is not FOOLPROOF.

:wave: :wave:

for just one decision he is creticising the system i dont think so technology should be criticised i dont think so URDS done anything wrong here on bell out he given not out it is umpire mistake not URDS mistkae if he want to criticise he must criticise umpire and one way or other he can get bad decision too so why he is crying if URDS was not in place and bell was not given out by umpire but he was out what can he do than if something good comes to game why dhoni is crying seems like india win matches only than when they get decisions in their fever india is big benefishery of bad decisions and if they take out URDS cricket cannot be as globalise as soocer is becoz of 90 percent of fair play look tennis loook soocer using technology in game why dhoni is crying if belll was not out and given out on yesterdays match would he be still crying like that he just care about himself not for the game we pakistan want to loose game fair and square i think if you loose game fair and squre you accept all lossing matches yes in the yesterday match case bell was out but not by the eroor of technology but the eroor of umpire so why criticise technology he should have criticised umpire not technology

Aap ne "Thread" open kar ke inko pareshaan kar diya hai, :undecided:

whats your opinion is this system fair ? or as biased as decision based on human vision ?

The system is good ; but IMHO it is taking away the human factor from the cricket. The luck factor will be missed.

Umpires are known to sometimes buckle under home crowd support and give the benefit of doubt to the home team ; well that will be missed and that is the beauty of the game.

whats your opinion is this system fair ? or as biased as decision based on human vision ?

They should either go for full fledged acceptance of haw-eye or not refer to it at all.
This 2.5 meter, or 5 meters crap should be dumped.
Besides Dhoni never did like the UDRS in the first place.

Umpires are known to sometimes buckle under home crowd support and give the benefit of doubt to the home team ; well that will be missed and that is the beauty of the game.

Well, the benefit of doubt is going to the AWAY team as far as I can tell.

comma, full stop, kuch toh daal yaar.

The system is good ; but IMHO it is taking away the human factor from the cricket. The luck factor will be missed.

Yes, but you see its introducing another juicy element, to waste a review, or not to waste a review :D That will stir up some interesting opinions post matches when reviews are used (or not used) improperly/properly.

It's a good thing. However, for caught behind type decisions, you need, the hot spot technology, since if the umpire on ground can't tell if the bat nicked the ball or not then so can't the camera umpire.

Also, its nice to see umpires' face going red after they make a mistake :D

It's a good addition, however, I hate that the hotspot has not been brought to India/SL/Bangladesh for these matches, its a big screw up. I hope ICC makes it mandatory from now on for a location to qualify as "International venue" it must provide this tech.

It's a good addition, however, I hate that the hotspot has not been brought to India/SL/Bangladesh for these matches, its a big screw up. I hope ICC makes it mandatory from now on for a location to qualify as "International venue" it must provide this tech.

The problem is that the ICC wants the local broadcaster to pay for the technology. Why should they? If ICC wants to introduce Hot Spot, they must pay for it themselves, or make it mandatory for the Home Cricket Board to pay for it.

I think Dhoni was absolutely right in his opinion,

Either stick with human vision or if you are to use UDRS technology then respect the decision of UDRS. Don't mix up UDRS and human technology in your decision. If the impact is right, the ball is going to hit the stumps and did not touch the bat before pad... let the UDRS be the final decision (if referred)

UDRS is of no use,if you don't have faith in the technology used in it.
Hawk Eye showed that the ball was hitting the middle of the middle wicket,but the umpire didn't withstand with the hawk eye's ruling and made the decision on their own whims.India could have won the match easily,if this decision,an eaaaaasy one,was made correctly.

And yes,Strauss was out 2 times,he nicked the ball,the faacker Dhoni didn't appeal(I really don't understand his ego) but the team did and the umpires didn't rule him out.
Fack Dhoni,Fack UDRS(until it's technology is not fully believed in).

The problem is that the ICC wants the local broadcaster to pay for the technology. Why should they? If ICC wants to introduce Hot Spot, they must pay for it themselves, or make it mandatory for the Home Cricket Board to pay for it.

Home cricket board is fine. Broadcaster can't be made stakeholder in the actual equipment that determines the proceedings of the case.

Zaki, UDRS also makes the game interesting.

The decision to not give the lbw out also has to do with the line in which the ball bounces with respect to the wicket.

You may think that its fair to give out of the ball is hitting the wicket without a leg there, but you need to go back to the spirit in which the lbw rule operates. Its main goal is to deter batsmen from using their legs to cover the wickets. For example if a bowler is able to spin it say 70 degrees from all the way out of the pitch right into the wickets and it hits the legs, then its a not out.

So the UDRS umpire has to give his decision according to the same parameters as an on ground umpire works. The only difference being he gets to see replays from various angles over and over.

Yes UDRS desperately needs hotspots to pick up faint edges. It's good Dhoni didn't refer on that. UDRS guy would obviously give benefit of the doubt to the batman. Faint edge is something that fails in the UDRS if done without hotspot.

Back
Top Bottom