What's new

DG ISPR press conference

The DG showed a confidential whatsapp message between two civilians in a press conference.

1- It now juust formally brings into public what most in the know already knew, they can read it.

2- In any civilized country this would have been a court case.

I still can't wrap my around what was the need to do this. If you want to clear your name from this murder, do it. Why bring the DG ISI in a hollywood style entry, with his facial expressions fit for a sitcom, and make a farce out of himself.

Then a personal pet peeve that why the heck is the DG ISI sitting in a suit and not a uniform, but that's for another time.

My suggestion to these guys would be to just shut the F up for 2 weeks and sit back. First the DG had to come on TV, then they launched Vawda, now this. What's next? This active attempt to clear themselves is making them look even more suspect.

The nutshell of this press conference was Salman Iqbal, ARY, IK bad. Journalists had already said this yesterday that this was going to happen. The govt hinted as much, and today it happens with Gharida Farooqi and Kamran Shahid on the front row!

Can you provide details of who the messages were between and what they were?

Thanks.

Someone tell these fools to just sit down and lay low for a while.

As if they would listen to anybody but themselves. :D

What have I been saying all these years on DF has never been more true. Sadly.

Why DG ISI and DG ISPR came on TV?

My opinion:

- The narrative is solidly against the establishment and they are in panic, hence they tried to salvage the situation they find themselves in

- The establishment and PDM are to be blamed for Arshad’s FIR and asked the UAE for him to leave. The establishment wanted to deflect that blame

- Give the impression that establishment is apolitical. Well Bajwa kept on meeting Showbaz and now IK. I won’t go into how apolitical they are.

- There is a deep divide within army ranks. Few mid level officers aren’t happy and DG ISI wants to put out the proverbial fire.

- Bajwa still does not want to leave and is looking for ‘mere hum azeez watano’ moment and this press conference could be part of that plan. To lure IK into a trap. And then declare martial law. (am giving too much credit to the duffers here)

That is exctly what I think. We lost BB, then had OBL raid - nothing happens. Why these two had to come on TV is mind boggling.
They have never been threatened as they are now. BB/ Zardari/ Nawaz Sharif/ Shahbaz Sharif/ Altaf Husain can all be bought and sold. They could all be controlled- their barking was not important. They were all playing for the same side. It was all topi drama. This is different.

The DG showed a confidential whatsapp message between two civilians in a press conference.

1- It now juust formally brings into public what most in the know already knew, they can read it.

2- In any civilized country this would have been a court case.

I still can't wrap my around what was the need to do this. If you want to clear your name from this murder, do it. Why bring the DG ISI in a hollywood style entry, with his facial expressions fit for a sitcom, and make a farce out of himself.

Then a personal pet peeve that why the heck is the DG ISI sitting in a suit and not a uniform, but that's for another time.

My suggestion to these guys would be to just shut the F up for 2 weeks and sit back. First the DG had to come on TV, then they launched Vawda, now this. What's next? This active attempt to clear themselves is making them look even more suspect.

The nutshell of this press conference was Salman Iqbal, ARY, IK bad. Journalists had already said this yesterday that this was going to happen. The govt hinted as much, and today it happens with Gharida Farooqi and Kamran Shahid on the front row!
They're trying hard to sell their expired manjan.

The good old "we must do something, this is something, so we must do it" syndrome. :D
haha boys active nazar annay chayeh!! its like hiring a daily wager kaam na bhi kar raha ho larka active dikhna chayeh!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom