What's new

DG ISPR press conference

This really pissed me off. I quoted the link below at a current time

When the lifafa "journalist" asked about how Imran gets away with "attacking the army" look at the reply given.

The reply was, "It's the government's job to book cases against anyone who attacks/criticizes the army".

ARE OUR GENERALS THIS DUMB? NAWAZ, PDM AND COMPANY HAVE BEEN ATTACKING YOU FOR YEARS AND YEARS? WHY ARE YOU ONLY TARGETING OUT IMRAN KHAN? THEY HAVE BEEN CALLING IMRAN KHAN A LADLA FOR YEARS! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY?

That would work only if the replacements are any better. Unlikely.
I agree, hence a small first step. Court martial’s dishonorable dismissals and removal of retirement benefits would be necessary to start sending a message.

It’s a Long and arduous process of changing the mindset and bring about reforms and transparency, but it can’t start without holding the current (and past) Army leadership accountable.

Nawaz fired Musharraf- whether Nawaz’s action was justified or not, Musharraf’s response to hold onto power should never have been supported. The elected leadership has the right to terminate/replace military leadership as it sees fit.

ARE OUR GENERALS THIS DUMB? NAWAZ, PDM AND COMPANY HAVE BEEN ATTACKING YOU FOR YEARS AND YEARS? WHY ARE YOU ONLY TARGETING OUT IMRAN KHAN? THEY HAVE BEEN CALLING IMRAN KHAN A LADLA FOR YEARS! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY?
PDM ale ena di pen de yar ne.

I agree, hence a small first step. Court martial’s dishonorable dismissals and removal of retirement benefits would be necessary to start sending a message.

It’s a Long and arduous process of changing the mindset and bring about reforms and transparency, but it can’t start without holding the current (and past) Army leadership accountable.

Nawaz fired Musharraf- whether Nawaz’s action was justified or not, Musharraf’s response to hold onto power should never have been supported. The elected leadership has the right to terminate/replace military leadership as it sees fit.

Given my posts over a decade here, I know you know where I am coming from, so all I will say here that Pakistan is at a crossroads right now. Whether IK succeeds in what he is saying or not will determine the future path it would be likely to take. The timeline cannot be too long now, given that the march starts tomorrow. Where it culminates, or what it actually achieves remains to be seen.

So it is often claimed, but it remains to be seen. We shall soon know.
boss i understand what you mean!!

but see i was very apolitical my whole life but was sick of how these "bhagwans" (politicians and Wardi mafia) was treating the people voted first time in my life and i went to that public gathering after vonc and i saw how for once Pakistanis were united how people from every ethnic,social,economic background all stood there demanding end to this Zardari Nawaz Wardi mafia bullshit!

and trust me unity in Karachi is an alien concept but i saw everyone!!! so i am optimistic things will change unfortunately we are dealing with corrupt mfers in uniform and they wont let go of their power easily they might end up murdering people!

so insha Allah ill join the march in karachi and hopefully we will free Pakistan!

boss i understand what you mean!!

but see i was very apolitical my whole life but was sick of how these "bhagwans" (politicians and Wardi mafia) was treating the people voted first time in my life and i went to that public gathering after vonc and i saw how for once Pakistanis were united how people from every ethnic,social,economic background all stood there demanding end to this Zardari Nawaz Wardi mafia bullshit!

and trust me unity in Karachi is an alien concept but i saw everyone!!! so i am optimistic things will change unfortunately we are dealing with corrupt mfers in uniform and they wont let go of their power easily they might end up murdering people!

so insha Allah ill join the march in karachi and hopefully we will free Pakistan!

Every neighborhood and street in Karachi echoes with the voice of Imran Khan

This really pissed me off. I quoted the link below at a current time

When the lifafa "journalist" asked about how Imran gets away with "attacking the army" look at the reply given.

The reply was, "It's the government's job to book cases against anyone who attacks/criticizes the army".

Planted questions buddy.

Given my posts over a decade here, I know you know where I am coming from, so all I will say here that Pakistan is at a crossroads right now. Whether IK succeeds in what he is saying or not will determine the future path it would be likely to take. The timeline cannot be too long now, given that the march starts tomorrow. Where it culminates, or what it actually achieves remains to be seen.
Shifting to Imran Khan’s actions - he has acted with a lot of restraint, but at this point he needs to realize that the gloves are off and the Army is simply not willing to give up its influence and control to a genuinely popular elected government without a fight.

Imran Khan too needs to ‘take the gloves off’ whilst staying within the bounds of the constitution. End all ‘back channel’ contacts - the goals should be clear - free and fair elections and an end to Army meddling in politics.

exactly!! from Malir to lyari visit the streets youll find flags of PTI!!!

matlab Nazimabad keh mqm keh area may PTI keh flags hain ab kia jaan lo gey Karachi wallon ki!

Ayesha Manzil that was once considered to be a stronghold of MQM (establishment engineered party) is now filled with PTI supporters, talk to any labourer, rickshaw wala, uber/careem, any class, even poor, you will hear good words about Imran Khan and his struggle for sovereign Pakistan

Shifting to Imran Khan’s actions - he has acted with a lot of restraint, but at this point he needs to realize that the gloves are off and the Army is simply not willing to give up its influence and control to a genuinely popular elected government without a fight.

Imran Khan too needs to ‘take the gloves off’ whilst staying within the bounds of the constitution. End all ‘back channel’ contacts - the goals should be clear - free and fair elections and an end to Army meddling in politics.

Taking the gloves off is just the bout in the public arena. What is IK's game plan for delivering what he is promising remains unclear, and just as problematic as before.

The long march tomorrow will be a long drawn out battle to free Pakistan from the clutches of PDM and Establishment mafia.

Don’t expect it to be a 2-3 days operation. Just managing expectations of some members here.

Imran Khan is taking a risk. He knows the march will meet violence. And he may get arrested or killed. But as I said, more important than IK, is for the public to get rid of the mafias.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom