What's new

Devyani Khobragade re-indicted in US visa fraud case

Sorry, It's not a state action. This is an individual's action and Court is working on it. The root of the problem is not US govt but the way she brought maid to US and then mistreated her. It was her sheer arrogance and for that she and her family is paying the price.

Not only this, she even got both Indian and US passport for their kids. That is criminal as it is against Indian laws as well.

The family is also involved in adarsh scam. Her dad is Congressi stooge.

WRONG, it is very much state action.

Every state attorney and justice dept. need permission of the dept. of state to prosecute ANY foreign diplomat. The very fact that the sate dept. gave permission makes it a state matter.

It is very much a India v/s USA match.

There is NO evidence of her mistreating her maid. The ONLY case is lying under oath to the US govt. well guess what ? diplomats do that all the time.

Her personal integrity and character is irrelevant to the case.

The ONLY Arrogance visible here is the one displayed by the US govt. for which an Indian diplomat and her family is paying the price.

And where do you think I said that US did a favour to us?.....

When you said US has done a LOT for us. They have most certainly NOT. They have a LONG way to go if they want to start claiming they have done ANYTHING for us.

Sorry, It's not a state action. This is an individual's action and Court is working on it. The root of the problem is not US govt but the way she brought maid to US and then mistreated her. It was her sheer arrogance and for that she and her family is paying the price.

Not only this, she even got both Indian and US passport for their kids. That is criminal as it is against Indian laws as well.

The family is also involved in adarsh scam. Her dad is Congressi stooge.
Tell me how is this not a state action?is USA that blind they want to jepordise their relation. further.American dIplomats are no saints.Will usa send Union Carbide chief to india for mass killing in bhopal, why should we bear this double standards from usa.

Official Spokesperson on Second indictment against an IFS officer, Dr Devyani Khobragade
In response to a Media question on the second indictment against an IFS officer, Dr Devyani Khobragade the official Spokesperson said:

" We are disappointed that the relevant office of the United States Department of Justice chose to obtain a second indictment against an IFS officer, Dr Devyani Khobragade, despite the fact that the first indictment and arrest warrant were dismissed earlier this week.

This was an unnecessary step. Any measures consequent to this decision in the US, will unfortunately impact upon efforts on both sides to build the India-US strategic partnership, to which both sides are committed.

As far as India is concerned, we reiterate that the case has no merit. Therefore this second indictment has no impact on our stated position. Now that Dr Khobragade has returned to India, the Court in the United States has no jurisdiction in India over her.

Government will therefore no longer engage on this case in the United States' legal system."

Source: Official FB page of Ministry of External Affairs, India

WRONG, it is very much state action.

Every state attorney and justice dept. need permission of the dept. of state to prosecute ANY foreign diplomat. The very fact that the sate dept. gave permission makes it a state matter.

It is very much a India v/s USA match.

There is NO evidence of her mistreating her maid. The ONLY case is lying under oath to the US govt. well guess what ? diplomats do that all the time.

Her personal integrity and character is irrelevant to the case.

The ONLY Arrogance visible here is the one displayed by the US govt. for which an Indian diplomat and her family is paying the price.

Well this case has gone out of hands because of misuse of powers by some and involvement of many who acted in their individual capacity. But I still do not see how can a person, sitting on post of high esteem like Deputy Consul General India, be allowed to make false statements/indulge in fraud (to help bring in a person) and then hide behind diplomatic immunity.

I don't know how you can say she did not act out of arrogance of being sitting at a position of diplomatically immuned Deputy General Consular. Why in the first place she needed to make false statement? She exploited her position, no matter what you think!!

Last edited:
Well this case has gone out of hands because of misuse of powers by some and involvement of many who acted in their individual capacity. But I still do not see how can a person, sitting on post of high esteem like Deputy Consul General India, be allowed to make false statements/indulge in fraud (to help bring in a person) and then hide behind diplomatic immunity.

I don't know how you can say she did not act out of arrogance of being sitting at a position of diplomatically immured Deputy General Consular. Why in the first place she needed to make false statement?

I am not here to help you find your way out of US propaganda or media lies.

Indian Deputy consul general acted in a manner that was recommended by the Indian Foreign office. The Indian foreign office provided advice based on a prior understanding with the US state dept. Which is why the govt. of India is SOLIDLY behind Devyani and I expect every citizen of INDIA to be solidly behind our Govt. when dealing with other Nations.

I can accuse you of ignorance more than I can accuse Devyani of arrogance.

Lastly there are 14 other Indian diplomats with Maids working in the US who can be charged under the same BS and indicted.

READ: U.S.-India dispute: A diplomat and a double-standard laid bare | Expert Zone

Like I mentioned in a previous thread, India committed a mistake by underestimating the independence of Bharara's office and overestimating its friendship with Washington. Given the current circumstances, we can safely rule out the possibility of a formal apology and the charges will stand for Devyani to face if she intends to return to the United States.

Last edited:
I am not here to help you find your way out of US propaganda or media lies.
I am not asking for one. I have my beliefs and I live with them.

Indian Deputy consul general acted in a manner that was recommended by the Indian Foreign office. The Indian foreign office provided advice based on a prior understanding with the US state dept. Which is why the govt. of India is SOLIDLY behind Devyani and I expect every citizen of INDIA to be solidly behind our Govt. when dealing with other Nations.

IFS may have acted according to the prior set precedence/understanding but that does not make it legally correct. So if someone in his individual capacity, act according to the law and purposefully ignoring the so called understanding then it will have a legal standing. As far as I know, Wayne May head of security for the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi, used his personal contacts in DSS to kick start the controversy by getting Devyani arrested and once it started it was difficult for anyone to take a step back. So it does not appear to be a deliberate state action but misuse of power by an Individual.

I can accuse you of ignorance more than I can accuse Devyani of arrogance.

I don't mind being igas we learn new facts every day in life but at least I am not the one justifying the fraud (act of an corrupt mind) done by an Indian who ever that person is. I find that lady highly arrogant because no one sitting in her position would deliberately get dual citizenship for her kids. This is illegal and there can be no defense in world for this. The point is she has a mindset of flouting the laws and such person does not deserve any sympathy.

Lastly there are 14 other Indian diplomats with Maids working in the US who can be charged under the same BS and indicted.

READ: U.S.-India dispute: A diplomat and a double-standard laid bare | Expert Zone
Sure, so the fact that 14 other Indian diplomats are not charged/arrested/indicted proves that it was not the State act but act of an Individual.

Back
Top Bottom