What's new

Devyani Khobragade case: US to proceed with her prosecution, no question of apology, sources say

Did not know that. Did she have diplomatic immunity when the case was filed against her? Asking because some people call her a diplomat and the US isnt treating this as a high profile case.

She does not have UN status of full diplomatic immunity if she did that would result in zero prosecution but right now she can face charges according to US law. Even if the UN grants her this status I am not sure if it can prevent those on going charges being dropped because the status is given after she was arrested but there is many grey areas in this case.

If she has full immunity, the DA would not have arrested and charge her. You have trouble handling the truth that your diplomat has no immunity and she is being charged. And India better get the best lawyer for this upcoming trial.

That idiot dont know she has full diplomatic immunity.Still this statement from US only due to pressure from Justice department.Now same can see in US embassy in India.

Did not know that. Did she have diplomatic immunity when the case was filed against her? Asking because some people call her a diplomat and the US isnt treating this as a high profile case.

May not be a high profile case for US.But high profile case for India.If they dont want good co-operation with India,then so be it.

They should not withdraw case under any circumstance. At the same time, other nations must also evolve such just and impartial systems where Western and particularly US diplomats dont do undiplomatic things they are so used to doing in foreign missions.

Her Lawyer is a chap called Daniel Arshak I hope he is a nice Jewish Lawyer lol I will read about his previous trials and cases to see how good a lawyer he is.

That idiot dont know she has full diplomatic immunity.Still this statement from US only due to pressure from Justice department.Now same can see in US embassy in India.

May not be a high profile case for US.But high profile case for India.If they dont want good co-operation with India,then so be it.

Buddy she does not have full diplomatic immunity that is pending still with the UN and even if it is granted it may not stop this charge from being dropped, they can send her back to India but if she ever were to return back to the USA she would still face that charge upon her return.

Immunity should not means licence to kill.

All crimes related to human rights, should be excluded from diplomatic immunity!
Yes its means lic to kill, Didn't you seen in PAK when US personal kill and PAK release him under immunity .

Indians har waqat Amreeka kay itnay baray chamchay banay rehtay thay aur aaj in becharo ko daikho...
but we are not as PAK is. Indian cannot take that crown form PAK.

we don't let our citizen get killed and released the american and also not get our civilians get killed by bombing and ask for more AIDS :)

If she has full immunity, the DA would not have arrested and charge her. You have trouble handling the truth that your diplomat has no immunity and she is being charged. And India better get the best lawyer for this upcoming trial.

Read the fine lines she was accreted in UN in Aug and be their till dec 2013. Unless you don't know what UN is , therefore you don't know what immunity is also and under what stances it kick in.moreover 80% of american don't have knowledge , they don't even know countries and their capital and expect them about UN fine lines .:)

I don't watch CNN. I usually watch ESPN as the NFL playoffs are here.

So who is her lawyer?

That why avg Indian always a topper in US schools. because they don't know nothing then burger , french fries and games.

Last edited:
Immunity should not means licence to kill.

All crimes related to human rights, should be excluded from diplomatic immunity!

I thanked your post because I echo your sentiment but I suspect your intention here.:lol:

Her Lawyer is a chap called Daniel Arshak I hope he is a nice Jewish Lawyer lol I will read about his previous trials and cases to see how good a lawyer he is.

Buddy she does not have full diplomatic immunity that is pending still with the UN and even if it is granted it may not stop this charge from being dropped, they can send her back to India but if she ever were to return back to the USA she would still face that charge upon her return.

Thanks for providing this information. This is what India should have done the first thing when the diplomat was arrested. And Daniel Arshack would be the diplomat's hope for returning to India quickly. All Indians who want her to return should support and root for Daniel Arshack.

Daniel Arshack, attorney for India's New York deputy consul general Devyani Khobragade, listens during an interview on Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2013 in New York. U.S. authorities subjected Khobragade to a strip search and DNA swabbing following her arrest on visa charges despite her "incessant assertions of immunity." The case has sparked widespread outrage in India and infuriated the government, which revoked privileges for U.S. diplomats to protest her treatment. Khobragade is accused of submitting false documents to obtain a work visa for her Manhattan housekeeper. (AP Photo/Bebeto Matthews) | View photo - Yahoo News

Yes its means lic to kill, Didn't you seen in PAK when US personal kill and PAK release him under immunity .

but we are not as PAK is. Indian cannot take that crown form PAK.

we don't let our citizen get killed and released the american and also not get our civilians get killed by bombing and ask for more AIDS :)

Read the fine lines she was accreted in UN in Aug and be their till dec 2013. Unless you don't know what UN is , therefore you don't know what immunity is also and under what stances it kick in.moreover 80% of american don't have knowledge , they don't even know countries and their capital and expect them about UN fine lines .:)

That why avg Indian always a topper in US schools. because they don't know nothing then burger , french fries and games.

Her lawyer should argue that August line in the court in front of the judge. If the judge accept that line, then she will be freed.

You should go tell the Chinese how well Indians are doing? Its between Indians and Chinese when it comes to counting test score result. Americans do not focus as much on tests as test scores are not the only determining factor of getting into a good college.

Devyani Khobragade has diplomatic immunity, says her attorney - Economic Times

Devyani Khobragade had full diplomatic immunity at the time of arrest - Indian Express

then what is this?

Her lawyer will argue for her immunity. And base on the evidence, the judge will decide. Or she might go in front of the grand jury. In America, we have the rule of the law. So don't assume that your diplomat is guilty as charged. It might be difficult for you to accept that she might be able to walk away free if her lawyer is good. Lets put it this way, if OJ can walk away, she should be able to also.

Her lawyer will argue for her immunity. And base on the evidence, the judge will decide. Or she might go in front of the grand jury. In America, we have the rule of the law. So don't assume that your diplomat is guilty as charged. It might be difficult for you to accept that she might be able to walk away free if her lawyer is good. Lets put it this way, if OJ can walk away, she should be able to also.

then what is your reaction towards second news?

Is she still in prison ?

I heard the Normal Prisons are filled with you know who ?

Surprised india has not mobilized the Aircraft carrier already, what is the point of the aircraft carrier if you can't bring her back from US soil

then what is your reaction towards second news?

This is just a frenzied media eating up whatever baloney fed by god knows who. Read the statements below from the quoted UN article 4. Again the immunity does not cover the personal acts of the representatives.

Article IV
THE REPRESENTATIVES OF MEMBERS
SECTION 11. Representatives of Members to the principal and subsidiary
organs of the United Nations and to conferences convened by the United
Nations, shall, while exercising their functions and during the journey to
and from the place of meeting, enjoy the following privileges and im
munities:
(a) Immunity from personal arrest or detention and from seizure
of their personal baggage, and, in respect of words spoken or written
and all acts done by them in their capacity as representatives, immunity
from legal process of every kind;
SECTION 14. Privileges and immunities are accorded to the representa
tives of Members not for the personal benefit of the irdividuals themselves
but in order to safeguard the independent exercise of their functions in
connection with the United Nations.

http://www.un.org/en/ethics/pdf/convention.pdf

This is just a frenzied media eating up whatever baloney fed by god knows who. Read the statements below from the quoted UN article 4. Again the immunity does not cover the personal acts of the representatives.

Article IV
THE REPRESENTATIVES OF MEMBERS
SECTION 11. Representatives of Members to the principal and subsidiary
organs of the United Nations and to conferences convened by the United
Nations, shall, while exercising their functions and during the journey to
and from the place of meeting, enjoy the following privileges and im
munities:
(a) Immunity from personal arrest or detention and from seizure
of their personal baggage, and, in respect of words spoken or written
and all acts done by them in their capacity as representatives, immunity
from legal process of every kind;
SECTION 14. Privileges and immunities are accorded to the representa
tives of Members not for the personal benefit of the irdividuals themselves
but in order to safeguard the independent exercise of their functions in
connection with the United Nations.

http://www.un.org/en/ethics/pdf/convention.pdf

I agree .she made a mistake.she can be prosecuted by US authorities. Laws are equal to all individuals .In the case of international law ,that must be equal to all countries.So US individuals in
US embassy also must obey that laws.In that sense ,India can also prosecuted all law violators US embassy in India by both Indian law and International law.
I hope you will agree with that.

I don't watch CNN. I usually watch ESPN as the NFL playoffs are here.

So who is her lawyer?

I watch CNN sometimes. Like you, also watching a lot of ESPN (as well as the NFL network) now that the NFL playoffs are in full swing :D

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom