What's new

Developments and Turkish operations in Libya

The Turkish , Libyan crisis is a bit confusing

What is Turkey's big goal in Libya ?:coffee::warning2:

Reference:
https://www.dw.com/en/turkeys-strategic-play-in-libya-to-help-reap-economic-gains/a-54037623

Turkey is getting ready to reap the benefits of its strategic move in Libya as its backing of Tripoli-based internationally-recognized Government of National Accord (GNA) puts the country on top of the list to bid for multibillion dollar contracts.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's deputies visited Tripoli earlier this month and met GNA officials to discuss cooperation on construction, energy and banking. Turkish businessmen say they are looking forward to playing a key role in the rebuilding of the oil-rich North African country.

Turkish support has aided the GNA reverse a 14-month assault on Tripoli by Khalifa Haftar's eastern-based Libyan National Army (LNA), helping Ankara win the GNA's trust.

Technically it seems that Turkey but helping Libyan recognized government would be in good position to try to get the Stalled F-35 Deal?

Surprised to See French on the Egyptian side
38900dbf63.jpg

What happened to the conflict in Syria??
Russia-Turkey are in contact on Syria taking part in discussions

So surprising to see Russia involved oppose to Turkey

Last edited:
The part where Turkey / Russia are talking on Syria , yet on opposing front in Libya
is very much confusing

If Turkey is supporting United Nation backed government , I would imagine they should get the F-35 , is that not the ideal outcome for NATO ? But seeing French on Libya front on opposing front against NATO interest appears very much an intriguing prospect

Surprised to see Russia/French , French being part of NATO to be collaborating with Russia

Italy(NATO) / Turkey(NATO) vs French (NATO) / Russia dynamic is interesting

UAE/QATAR/SAUDIA are just minor players

Last edited:
The part where Turkey / Russia are talking on Syria , yet on opposing front in Libya
is very much confusing

If Turkey is supporting United Nation backed government , I would imagine they should get the F-35 , is that not the ideal outcome for NATO ? But seeing French on Libya front on opposing front against NATO interest appears very much an intriguing prospect

Surprised to see Russia/French , French being part of NATO to be collaborating with Russia

Italy(NATO) / Turkey(NATO) vs French (NATO) / Russia dynamic is interesting

UAE/QATAR/SAUDIA are just minor players

UAE may be a small player but they've spent the most money so far.

:coffee:

It seems Turkey is being lured into a Trap in Libya :big_boss:

UK -> Approved weapon's sales to Saudi Arabia (Euro Fighter)
French + Russian> are on same side in Libya
Egypt > Double Dealing to be on side with French / Russian
If Italy backed out silently, then Turkey would be stuck

Situation Could become
  • Turkey vs (French / Russia / British (Indirectly of course) / Saudi / UAE / Egyptian)

At that point Turkey would be stuck in Syria / Libya

Seems like difficult situation, because Qatar is a tiny country

:coffee:

It seems Turkey is being lured into a Trap in Libya :big_boss:

UK -> Approved weapon's sales to Saudi Arabia (Euro Fighter)
French + Russian> are on same side in Libya
Egypt > Double Dealing to be on side with French / Russian
If Italy backed out silently, then Turkey would be stuck

Situation Could become
  • Turkey vs (French / Russia / British (Indirectly of course) / Saudi / UAE / Egyptian)

This is why Turkey needs to make a Turkic Union. We will always be by ourselves, so we may as well unite as one large entity. If we could train and arm the Central Asian Turkic countries then we could lead one of the world's largest militaries. Yes, they won't be forced to fight for us in the Middle East, but they could amplify Turkey's strength at the table. Also Turkey could serve as a launch pad for their navies, thus opening them up to the world. Pakistan could also play a part in this due to its proximity to the Central Asia.

We have no other choice.

I think going with no NATO support has cost Turkey strategic depth in Libya

a) No F-35
b) No NATO support
c) The forces are moved to a area similar to Afghanistan

I do understand the moral high ground for Turkey , as they are formally supporting a Recognized United Nation body, however these entities come and go in world

A wise approach would be approach this issue from NATO's point of view
I think if Turkey went thru NATO they would have still made similar strategic gain with less cost

Don't make it a

Turkey vs France + UK
Turkey vs Russia
Turkey vs France + UK + Russia
Turkey vs Arabs (Egypt , Saudia , UAE )

After all this New Libyan Government came to power after Western intervention in first place
why go alone ? in Libya of all places ? A desert :coffee: Libya is like Afghanistan but with oil but you suffer economically if you get stuck in Libya

Now it is possible this Haftar fella might just die ? He is 76 year old and may be the war will just end

Put diplomatic pressure on France , in NATO why is France working with Russia 8-):big_boss:

At Moral Level Turkey of course is 100% right they made a treaty with legitimate government of Libya

upload_2020-7-12_14-12-12.png

This Rafale maker is getting on Pakistan's nerves as well

:pakistan::turkey:

I like the the suggestion of Turkish Union seems like a fantastic Organization
It would be honor to grow free trade with Turkey and form strategic long term partnership for next 500 years

Last edited:
Situation Could become

France and Russia can not directly attack the UN recognized legal Libyan Government
They use HAFTAR and now Egypt but Arabs are so weak and pathetic who know nothing about fighting

France can do nothing in Libya
Russia can use only WAGNER , nothing else

GNA , Turkiye and Qatar have enough military power and money to kick HAFTAR,Egypt,The Uae and S.Arabia in Libya

btw Turkiye will be in Yemen to kick the Uae and S.Arabia ...... bye bye MBZ - MBS dream in Yemen

also the Uae ( Israel ) lost in Somalia against Turkiye
and Turkish Army blocked N Syria - N.Iraq

Last edited:
[QUOTESurprised to See French on the Egyptian side
38900dbf63.jpg
Yes, me too. interesting map here... also interesting to see France/NATO on the same side with Russia..hmm..i wonder why so few countries support GNA publicly. Looks like GNA has lost the military momentum and the war has entered a different gear. Maybe Russia has realized it will have to crank up in Libya in order not to make it a 2nd Afghanistan or Syria.

So surprising to see Russia involved oppose to Turkey
I'm not surprised- because in Syria they are on opposite sides..TUrkey and Russia are also on VERY opposite sides of Hagia Sophia issue, and now Libyan issue. I just feel like any enemy that can target or neutralize or overstretch Turkey, then NATO becomes Old bed ridden tiger.not toothless tiger anymore. If Turkish military ever weakens against threats, then NATO indirectly becomes crippled..

Yes, me too. interesting map here... also interesting to see France/NATO on the same side with Russia..hmm..i wonder why so few countries support GNA publicly. Looks like GNA has lost the military momentum and the war has entered a different gear. Maybe Russia has realized it will have to crank up in Libya in order not to make it a 2nd Afghanistan or Syria.

I'm not surprised- because in Syria they are on opposite sides..TUrkey and Russia are also on VERY opposite sides of Hagia Sophia issue, and now Libyan issue. I just feel like any enemy that can target or neutralize or overstretch Turkey, then NATO becomes Old bed ridden tiger.not toothless tiger anymore. If Turkish military ever weakens against threats, then NATO indirectly becomes crippled..

Bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom