What's new

Details of China’s Two New Aircraft Carriers

xhw1986

Reaction score
Country
Norway
ulyanovsk.jpg

Russian military-industrial complex news network said in its report on February 28: China plans to build two new aircraft carriers, one conventional and the other nuclear.
The first will be built at Dalian Shipyard of China Shipping Industry Corporation while the other will be built at Jiangnan Shipyard, Changxing Island, Shanhai.

Western media believe the first aircraft carrier codenamed Project 001A and Warship No. 018 will be 5% bigger in displacement than the Liaoning and have two steam catapults. The second codenamed Project 002 will be a nuclear one with a displacement 5% bigger than the first. It will be equivalent to USS Kitty Hawk in size and displacement with a full load displacement of 70,000 tons, 10,000 tons more than the Liaoning and have 4 steam catapults. In all China will build 4 new aircraft carriers.

Both new aircraft carriers are designed by China on the basis of the technological information of Soviet unfinished aircraft carrier Ulyanovsk.

Source: huanqiu.com “Russia says China’s homegrown aircraft carrier named the Shandong with displacement 5% bigger than the Liaoning”

Good start, but why only 5% bigger than the Liaoning?

Good start, but why only 5% bigger than the Liaoning?

Because that's information out of their ***. How could they know about the third carrier when it's not even finalized? How can they know about this one? Last time I checked we don't share ship building plans with media.

Because that's information out of their ***. How could they know about the third carrier when it's not even finalized? How can they know about this one? Last time I checked we don't share ship building plans with media.

Actually, they do share plans. The two super shipbuilding contracts bagged by CSSC in 2013 conform to the rumors that two larger aircraft carriers are being constructed.

Actually, they do share plans. The two super shipbuilding contracts bagged by CSSC in 2013 conform to the rumors that two larger aircraft carriers are being constructed.
talking about the blue prints, responding to specific specifications of a carrier that people know we are building, but I doubt it's been finalized and even if it is, hard to imagine we share that info.

talking about the blue prints, responding to specific specifications of a carrier that people know we are building, but I doubt it's been finalized and even if it is, hard to imagine we share that info.

Considering that the yards have already been given contracts, it's not hard to realize that the designs have been completed.

Considering that the yards have already been given contracts, it's not hard to realize that the designs have been completed.
Contract is one thing, blue print is another matter. Leaking out highly classified blue print is treason. I am sure this report is just another bogus sprout by Russian media and claim they know a thing.

Contract is one thing, blue print is another matter. Leaking out highly classified blue print is treason. I am sure this report is just another bogus sprout by Russian media and claim they know a thing.

The Russian media most likely got the information from our military forums.

Actually, that article wasn't from any of the mentioned sources.

Back
Top Bottom