What's new

Detailed pics of new POF guns!!

FB_20150709_13_20_29_Saved_Picture.jpg
FB_20150709_13_19_31_Saved_Picture.jpg

@Zarvan here is another treat for you.....an inhouse build of Bolt action sniper rifle .308 by POF wah....designed by Pakistanis....
as can be seen from photo, the result is of Shots from 800m.....
also we are making Match grade & Huntingg rounds of .308 at PoF....and this 800m result is from POF rounds
in recent competition where AI AWP & other rifles were used, this rifle stood among Top 3...i believe came second or third....

Note: Photo was copied from Facebook, and User is one of the well known Shooting enthusiast of Pakistan, Col (R) and works at POF........
@Horus @RAMPAGE @Irfan Baloch @Icarus @RescueRanger @DESERT FIGHTER

View attachment 236876 View attachment 236875
@Zarvan here is another treat for you.....an inhouse build of Bolt action sniper rifle .308 by POF wah....designed by Pakistanis....
also we are making Match grade & Huntingg rounds of .308 at PoF....and this 800m result is from POF rounds
in recent competition where AI AWP & other rifles were used, this rifle stood among Top 3...i believe came second or third....

Note: Photo was copied from Facebook, and User is one of the well known Shooting enthusiast of Pakistan, Col (R) and works at POF........
its a beast. A contemporary design of the modern sniper rifles , adjustable stock , free floated barrel , use of composites for stock and rail and a no nonsense bare-bones outlook.

as for the shooting results for this occasion are concerned, they are impressive specially when tested against other known international brands but it needs to be tested in all different weather conditions and situations to consolidate its position among the time tested platforms

I think @Horus or @Irfan Baloch should take interview of some senior Military man and discuss this so every body can have final answer
we will only have a personal view or informed view not final answer. it a complex issue

I have asked the infantry guys ...They all are in love with Type-56 ...not the G-3 ...soldiers seek favor from the armory in charge to issue them Type-56 ...G-3 was a big failure in both Swat and South Waziristan !
your claim is proven by what we see in the conflict areas. regulars and speical forces are carrying type 56s way more than G3 rifles apart from few say M4's.AK470
I did ask a serving colonel about the handling of type 56 (given the accuracy issue of its origin) AK 47 . but he didnt say much he said it was ok. not sure how much the front grip helps in that regard. the traditional ak 47 barrel wobbles while firing and if our own SMG / type 56 inherits that feature then adding a scope on top is pointless.
I will find out more because I never got to use type 56.

Well as long as it kills good enough although shape not good

your claim is proven by what we see in the conflict areas. regulars and speical forces are carrying type 56s way more than G3 rifles apart from few say M4's.AK470
I did ask a serving colonel about the handling of type 56 (given the accuracy issue of its origin) AK 47 . but he didnt say much he said it was ok. not sure how much the front grip helps in that regard. the traditional ak 47 barrel wobbles while firing and if our own SMG / type 56 inherits that feature then adding a scope on top is pointless.
I will find out more because I never got to use type 56.
Every gun ....yes ..almost every gun wobbles when fire in auto mode ...I must have fired more than a thousand rounds on AK in semi-auto mode on target and I never had an issue...simple fact is that West could not digest this amazing weapon ...and they brought videos of AK captured with 1000 frames per second ...:lol: ....G-3 is a good weapon ...but it's weight, size and is uncontrollable when fires in auto which makes it a mule in hand ....Front grip helps a lot in stabling the weapon and quick acquisition of the target ...it eases your shoulder and you can aim your weapon for longer time on target ...SSG guys love it ...Most of them choose to select Type 56 over Styer and M-4 ...However ...Zarrars and Karrars have been ordered to adopt to M-4 platform ...don't know why ...!

Every gun ....yes ..almost every gun wobbles when fire in auto mode ...I must have fired more than a thousand rounds on AK in semi-auto mode on target and I never had an issue...simple fact is that West could not digest this amazing weapon ...and they brought videos of AK captured with 1000 frames per second ...:lol: ....G-3 is a good weapon ...but it's weight, size and is uncontrollable when fires in auto which makes it a mule in hand ....Front grip helps a lot in stabling the weapon and quick acquisition of the target ...it eases your shoulder and you can aim your weapon for longer time on target ...SSG guys love it ...Most of them choose to select Type 56 over Styer and M-4 ...However ...Zarrars and Karrars have been ordered to adopt to M-4 platform ...don't know why ...!
I have seen anti kalashnikov videos in western programs I know what you are talking about, but if our men dont have any issues and dont jjust carry the weapons because they are told to do so then fine.

but I have also seen full auto fire videos of R3 as well where the firers had very good grip and control. its the way you handle the gun. look up the full auto videos of European armies firing the G3 and you will see how good they fire, where as our skinnies soliders seem to fly off with the recoil unfortunately, this is my biggest issue with G3 where I dismiss the argument of people that it has a bigger round and more destructive stopping power 7.62 round. what good is a damn big round if it is never going to hit the target? this was why I was even of the view that adapt a smaller round which our smaller framed soldiers can easily handle and land a round in an area that confirms a kill (guess the winner, human skull or a 5.56 round ?)

type 56 is good compromise in that case which uses a bigger round but doesnt blow the shoulder off the socket :) of a typical shooter in Pakistan.

check above video out that I took from actual war/ reconstruction videos in tribal areas/ and Sawat G3 shooting was pathetic specially in one scene which was cut out by the media later due to how bad it was at 4 to 7 sec where the soldiers firing the gun were actually loosing their balance . the type 56 fire in comparison was much in control

cant get a better/ real demonstration than this

I have seen anti kalashnikov videos in western programs I know what you are talking about, but if our men dont have any issues and dont jjust carry the weapons because they are told to do so then fine.

but I have also seen full auto fire videos of R3 as well where the firers had very good grip and control. its the way you handle the gun. look up the full auto videos of European armies firing the G3 and you will see how good they fire, where as our skinnies soliders seem to fly off with the recoil unfortunately, this is my biggest issue with G3 where I dismiss the argument of people that it has a bigger round and more destructive stopping power 7.62 round. what good is a damn big round if it is never going to hit the target? this was why I was even of the view that adapt a smaller round which our smaller framed soldiers can easily handle and land a round in an area that confirms a kill (guess the winner, human skull or a 5.56 round ?)

type 56 is good compromise in that case which uses a bigger round but doesnt blow the shoulder off the socket :) of a typical shooter in Pakistan.

check above video out that I took from actual war/ reconstruction videos in tribal areas/ and Sawat G3 shooting was pathetic specially in one scene which was cut out by the media later due to how bad it was at 4 to 7 sec where the soldiers firing the gun were actually loosing their balance . the type 56 fire in comparison was much in control

cant get a better/ real demonstration than this
I totally agree ...a round must stay on target ...whether bigger or smaller but it has to hit the target .I call G-3 a good DMR in the field ...not a soldiers combat rifle ... Pak Army should have gone for FN FAL as compared to HK-G3 FAL ..Russia has switched to new handguns ...like Glocks...because they know their handguns suck ...but AK stay with them ...and they way they train and fire with their AKs ...is just awesome ...check this video and see how easy they are with their AK-75 ....
Check the grip in this pic and you can watch the video here ....!
asfsf.JPG

I totally agree ...a round must stay on target ...whether bigger or smaller but it has to hit the target .I call G-3 a good DMR in the field ...not a soldiers combat rifle ... Pak Army should have gone for FN FAL as compared to HK-G3 FAL ..Russia has switched to new handguns ...like Glocks...because they know their handguns suck ...but AK stay with them ...and they way they train and fire with their AKs ...is just awesome ...check this video and see how easy they are with their AK-75 ....
Check the grip in this pic and you can watch the video here ....!
View attachment 236933
so smooth . recoil is no more than pricking a paper with a needle. just awesome

so smooth . recoil is no more than pricking a paper with a needle. just awesome
Gen Mush was pissed off when he was told by the SSG that they have no plans to switch to other weapon than Type-56 ...He pressed them hard to adopt to some US or other Western weapon ...SSG was not willing ...he ordered to modernize the Type-56 and they did ...the end result is an awesome weapon ...reliable in all weather, anywhere anytime ...press the trigger and it fires ...that's what our guys love about the this weapon .. !

That's one ugly rifle ..:lol:

That's one ugly rifle ..:lol:
come one yar, you should appreciate the effort because as I said, the rifle competed in 1000yards match and was in top 3, and that was because of only misplaced shot by shooter, otherwise we have made one heck of a rifle.....
aik tou khud kehte ho, 'humein rifle design karni chayie, why can't we design a simple rifle' aur jab rifle bna di, tou ugly......:tsk::tsk:

come one yar, you should appreciate the effort because as I said, the rifle competed in 1000yards match and was in top 3, and that was because of only misplaced shot by shooter, otherwise we have made one heck of a rifle.....
aik tou khud kehte ho, 'humein rifle design karni chayie, why can't we design a simple rifle' aur jab rifle bna di, tou ugly......:tsk::tsk:

Yara .. I'm happy about the development and its performance... Per Bhai it really is ugly..:)

More ugly than a Bollywood heroine without makeup
this cant be helped. its to do with your national creativity and design. some can be learnt and improved and some are just natural and would never reach the aesthetics of the west take any civilian or military design of anything of the modern times only exceptions are some architecture where the east gives the west some competition.

Yara .. I'm happy about the development and its performance... Per Bhai it really is ugly..:)
sorry it cant be helped. best thing is there is a functional working model that doest breakdown violently. yes it looks very basic but making it look like just another western rip off wont get any extra marks.

this cant be helped. its to do with your national creativity and design. some can be learnt and improved and some are just natural and would never reach the aesthetics of the west take any civilian or military design of anything of the modern times only exceptions are some architecture where the east gives the west some competition.

sorry it cant be helped. best thing is there is a functional working model that doest breakdown violently. yes it looks very basic but making it look like just another western rip off wont get any extra marks.
To be honest I don't really care how it "looks".. I'm happy that we are on the right track and are proving world class rifles...

PSRs
Azb DMR
The sportster
And now this baby...!

Let's tag another guy who likes weapons @MilSpec

More ugly than a Bollywood heroine without makeup
Nah , Sufi Sb some of em are very do-able...:lol:

To be honest I don't really care how it "looks".. I'm happy that we are on the right track and are proving world class rifles...

PSRs
Azb DMR
The sportster
And now this baby...!

PSRs ? and The sportster ? pictures ?

PSRs
Azb DMR
The sportster
And now this baby...!

SRQS9.jpg

_pak_03_resize.jpg

@DESERT FIGHTER @Irfan Baloch @balixd @Icarus @kaonalpha Why was this version not given to Infantry ? It is smaller, easy to carry, so what was the issue ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom