What's new

Destroyed Pak Army tank in Buner

that place is full of anti tank landmines bobby traps and IEd against which American cudnt do any thing what will our poorly equiped toyota hiluxz will do !!! the tank that was shown in the picture was not AL KHALID but a T 59 upgrade and was hit but 2 anti tank mines on the main buner highway . All the tank crew survived and sustained minor injuries .

yar there is a hell of a difference between an ied made out of a pressure cooker with home made tnt and a production version of an anti tank mine
al zarar would never ever survive a hit by an anti tank mine made of some rdnance factory by survive i mean the crew
crew in abrahums are killed when they rool over an anti tank mine
but oh ya ww1 or ww2 eara anti tank mines are an other thing
but modren day anti tank mine is an other story

Friends,
if its ok, with all of us i would like to contribute by upload a newer version of the Destroyed Pak Army tank in Buner ...

Regards
Asim

T-59s are basically obsolete - the 300 or so in inventory are only used for training purposes and are no more front-line tanks. a RPG-7 can bust a hole in its side - several such types have been lost in the recent battles.
I disagree, just because its old does not mean it is weak.
One of our T-59s in Bajaur was hit by 5 RPGs but was still able to punish the enemy and bring its crew back safely, operator received one wound that too due to a bullet, not the RPG.:pakistan:

I disagree, just because its old does not mean it is weak.
One of our T-59s in Bajaur was hit by 5 RPGs but was still able to punish the enemy and bring its crew back safely, operator received one wound that too due to a bullet, not the RPG.:pakistan:

Obsolete and weak are two different things. There a plenty of places where even the modern tanks are still vulnerable to RPG fire (hence the addition of ERA and/or bar-armor when deployed in built-up areas).

T-59 has more weak spots than the newer tanks, the upgraded version is really a great improvement but still a T-59...

Regarding T-59 surviving RPG rounds, it has its strong areas and can withstand a bit of heat no doubt...

However fatman17 is spot on, its side is quite vulnerable..and the range at which the militants strike is quite deadly...

Back
Top Bottom