What's new

Destroyed Pak Army tank in Buner

almost all tanks which have suffered damage are repairable so far!

Not the ones that are struck with APFSDS rounds or depleted uranium rounds (fired by A-10 warthogs) or Anti-Tank Guided Missiles or with top attack weapons. They literally become scrap!! The damage to the PA tank here shows the extent of the total firepower at the disposal of these Taliban thugs! Indeed they cannot win a battle let alone a war with such low yield weaponry, no air or artillery power.

Who says PA will use AKs....moreover are you guys sure this kind of damaga to Al-Zarrar is repearable????

Who says PA will use AKs....moreover are you guys sure this kind of damaga to Al-Zarrar is repearable????

Alright Gents, heres an update on T59 tank. It belongs to my brothers unit. and all crew survived in this incident. In war, things like these happen. i am short on time but will tell you the whole battle in which 1 pakistani soldier died and 65 to 75 towel head goons were sent to hell, even though the unit was surrounded by all sides...... battle lasted 3 hours...

Another battle to retrieve the tank happened at night time in which again 20 to 25 kharjities were killed without loss of any of pakistani soldier.

stay tuned for more..

Nothing is safe anyway...
25d4b2f7f0fb30b63056dfe59bcc72af.jpg

Not the ones that are struck with APFSDS rounds or depleted uranium rounds (fired by A-10 warthogs) or Anti-Tank Guided Missiles or with top attack weapons. They literally become scrap!! The damage to the PA tank here shows the extent of the total firepower at the disposal of these Taliban thugs! Indeed they cannot win a battle let alone a war with such low yield weaponry, no air or artillery power.

i was referring to the taliban/PA battle theatre!:enjoy:i dont think the taliban have A10s or any ATGMs or i have been missing something!:enjoy:

Alright Gents, heres an update on T59 tank. It belongs to my brothers unit. and all crew survived in this incident. In war, things like these happen. i am short on time but will tell you the whole battle in which 1 pakistani soldier died and 65 to 75 towel head goons were sent to hell, even though the unit was surrounded by all sides...... battle lasted 3 hours...

Another battle to retrieve the tank happened at night time in which again 20 to 25 kharjities were killed without loss of any of pakistani soldier.

stay tuned for more..

Now this gives me an idea!:mod:
can we start a sticky where forum members will post authentic "first-hand" information on such aforementioned incidents of the Battle against the Taliban! it would be a very interesting thread IMHO!:enjoy:

Guerilla war country is where tanks are most vulnerable to anti armour weapons.

They need to be deployed and backed up with infantry units to flush out terrorist anti tank teams.

Plus given the look of the armour and road wheels I'm guesiing that is an Al Zarrar.

I agree

it does not seem to be a T-59 as claimed .... had seen the footage first on BBC NEWS world service yesterday .... was trying to find out if it was so .........

i was referring to the taliban/PA battle theatre!:enjoy:i dont think the taliban have A10s or any ATGMs or i have been missing something!:enjoy:

but they do have RPG-18s I guess ..... equally effective with their tandem warheads .....

seems a bradley

its too thinly protected .... protection i think is poorer than BMP-2 ICV's too

a flechette round easily passes through and through ....... so you can imagine

It doesnt look like any of Pakistani tank. The color & shape gives a look that its an American tank. Mybe the photogae is from some Iraq place because a person standing near to the tank has a gesture of Iraqi person.

It doesnt look like any of Pakistani tank. The color & shape gives a look that its an American tank. Maybe the photograph is from some Iraq place because a person standing near to the tank has a gesture of Iraqi person.

He was just trying to say nothing is safe, no matter it is Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan or anywhere else around the world. Picture was to prove his point.

yes I agree

but he gave BFV as an example ..... its a poor ICV in terms of armor protection,

maybe a pic of M1 would have done the trick ....

http://www.nogw.com/images/destroyed-m1.jpg

The new RPG's (cheap and big quantity available) can handle prety much every tank these days. In a war you will have to fight and sometimes a better or bigger machine will be lost. It is worth cause the result is removal of criminals and terrorists.

As far as I can judge it is the upgraded Zarrar but without the protection. They should have demined the area first ot use heli's to search for mines (if possible)... Khaled has anti mine gear in front... That would have done the job better...

The new RPG's (cheap and big quantity available) can handle prety much every tank these days. In a war you will have to fight and sometimes a better or bigger machine will be lost. It is worth cause the result is removal of criminals and terrorists.

As far as I can judge it is the upgraded Zarrar but without the protection. They should have demined the area first ot use heli's to search for mines (if possible)... Khaled has anti mine gear in front... That would have done the job better...

M1 has been seen to be quite robust in terms of even IED effect as also coventional anti-tank mine. As for Tandem Warheads, they definitely are a headache, even with ERA (which they are designed to beat anyways).

Has AK anti-mine plows as standard fitment on every tank or is there some mechanism for allotment per squadron basis?

Now this gives me an idea!:mod:
can we start a sticky where forum members will post authentic "first-hand" information on such aforementioned incidents of the Battle against the Taliban! it would be a very interesting thread IMHO!:enjoy:

thats a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom