What's new

Deradicalization - Pakistani boot camps want to ‘re-program’ ISIS terrorists

So they just add all that 2500 former Taliban in to main stream.AFAIK once you are addicted with an idealogy .There is no going back.It is incurable.
Perhaps there is a few case where it is gonna very well.

Too all militant elements caught by the Pakistan Army net.

Excellent! I hope soon Pakistani Army Net will extend its operation to catch ALL such people without any selective approach. Pakistan along with its neighbors will be able to live in peace and prosper once there will be no one left to draw ugly black houses without windows! It will be good for all of South Asia, more importantly, it will be the best for Pakistan itself, hope this is the moment of that turn around.

Or am I being too optimistic? :)

Excellent! I hope soon Pakistani Army Net will extend its operation to catch ALL such people without any selective approach. Pakistan along with its neighbors will be able to live in peace and prosper once there will be no one left to draw ugly black houses without windows! It will be good for all of South Asia, more importantly, it will be the best for Pakistan itself, hope this is the moment of that turn around.

Or am I being too optimistic? :)

Such operations are possible for around 20000 people at maximum. Think of the costs involved in the process.

But for say 500000 people which is the minimum of people in my view currently in Pakistan who hold terrorist ideals or are essentially potential recruits ready to blow up with the right spark(get it :p:). This is not going to be ffeasible

Such operations are possible for around 20000 people at maximum. Think of the costs involved in the process.

But for say 500000 people which is the minimum of people in my view currently in Pakistan who hold terrorist ideals or are essentially potential recruits ready to blow up with the right spark(get it :p:). This is not going to be ffeasible

Ticking clock - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

500000 is a massive figure, it's bigger than the armies of many countries!!! It will be useless to pour water on the top after cutting the roots of the tree. This deradicalisation drive needs to be focused at the root causes of such radicalization. Pakistan needs a strong leader with clear priorities to make the turn around, someone as strong as Gen Zia but with opposite ideologies.

500000 is a massive figure, it's bigger than the armies of many countries!!! It will be useless to pour water on the top after cutting the roots of the tree. This deradicalisation drive needs to be focused at the root causes of such radicalization. Pakistan needs a strong leader with clear priorities to make the turn around, someone as strong as Gen Zia but with opposite ideologies.

Unfortunately, I am pretty resigned to the idea that a period of Talibanization is going to come in Pakistan(or already has).

Unfortunately, I am pretty resigned to the idea that a period of Talibanization is going to come in Pakistan(or already has).

That will be bad for the humanity as a whole, is there any strong leader in Pakistan who can control the situation? Will military rule be better than civilian government? There are opinions that even parts of army establishment has been radicalized, how deep that might have gone?

I hope this reintegration actually works. Some of these guys were reported by their families to be threatening them with consequences and/or death. We need to take severe action against the ideological militants while trying to integrate the men who are not.

Also note that injustice and poverty play into the hands of militants. An act of injustice may mean that men may seek revenge. Poverty means they do not have any means to live and are vulnerable to the propaganda of militants. Both are dangerous. We eliminate injustice and poverty we remove half the problem already.

I hope this reintegration actually works. Some of these guys were reported by their families to be threatening them with consequences and/or death. We need to take severe action against the ideological militants while trying to integrate the men who are not.

Also note that injustice and poverty play into the hands of militants. An act of injustice may mean that men may seek revenge. Poverty means they do not have any means to live and are vulnerable to the propaganda of militants. Both are dangerous. We eliminate injustice and poverty we remove half the problem already.

Injustice and poverty are not the root causes of radicalization, for example, just check how many from UK have joined ISIS.

The next few years will be rough for civilized society in Pakistan, no doubt.

Not much 'programming'/hardwork is needed if the Pakistani Army is thinking of 're-programming' those ISIS cadres to perform India specific tasks......India is already a target of ISIS....

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom