What's new

Deradicalization - Pakistani boot camps want to ‘re-program’ ISIS terrorists

The idea of cognitive behavioural therapy will not work on those who have committed themselves in the past to become a suicide bomber. It will be more or less like a relapsing and remitting condition depending on the severity on scale as suggested. But in long run, whichever level of taliban sympathizer he is, has a potential to become a martyr for any flashback cause.

The following links would help the readers grasp the issue at hand better:

292985-01-02_17937606.jpg

292995-01-02_17937620.jpg

293023-01-02_17937684.jpg

293027-01-02_17937692.jpg

A fresh look at Swat - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Pakistan army uses bullets, and classrooms to fight militancy| Reuters

Sabawoon: A new dawn for children in the Swat Valley - Central Asia Online

Pakistan army uses bullets, and classrooms to fight militancy| Reuters

Army introduces de-radicalisation centre in Swat

HOW do you win against an enemy who only needs to not lose?

Rehabilitating militants: The road to redemption

BBC News - Is Pakistan's army going soft?

Last edited:
Army introduces de-radicalisation centre in Swat - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

6_pakistan_deradicalisation_reuters_670[1].jpg

A general view of the Mashal de-radicalisation centre run by the Pakistani army in Gulibagh, Pakistan's Swat Valley. – Photo by Reuters.

1_pakistan_deradicalisation_reuters_670.jpg

Men make wooden panels in a classroom at the Mashal de-radicalisation centre run by the Pakistani army in Gulibagh, Pakistan's Swat Valley. – Photo by Reuters

3_pakistan_deradicalisation_reuters_670.jpg

Men sit in a classroom at the Mashal de-radicalisation centre run by the Pakistani army in Gulibagh, Pakistan's Swat Valley. – Photo by Reuters.

4_pakistan_deradicalisation_reuters_670.jpg

Men learn electrical work in a classroom at the Mashal de-radicalisation centre run by the Pakistani army in Gulibagh, Pakistan's Swat Valley. – Photo by Reuters.

5_pakistan_deradicalisation_reuters_670.jpg

A soldier stands guard at the main entrance of the Mashal de-radicalisation centre run by the Pakistani army in Gulibagh, Pakistan's Swat Valley. – Photo by Reuters.

2_pakistan_deradicalisation_reuters_670.jpg

Men learn how to fix a vehicle engine in a classroom at the Mashal de-radicalisation centre run by the Pakistani army in Gulibagh, Pakistan's Swat Valley. – Photo by Reuters.

Last edited:
The problem with that a program is that a 99% success rate is still too low, because of the damage one militant can do,

The problem with that a program is that a 99% success rate is still too low, because of the damage one militant can do,
I can tell you one thing even 99 % rate being told is a massive lie. The moment they get out with in one to two years either they are back or thinking of something different or if not doing something there anger mostly remains there.

It would be wiser to keep this focus on newly displaced people from the KPK. They are mostly poor and got recently displaced so they may be much easy a target for TTP recruiters.

If Pakistan were to engage itself into something that Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Israel, and the US are involved in, it would only be wasting time and resources at the cost of losing the trust of its own people who need their nation's attention more now than ever.

and the most funny part is that is EU and the west that ccreated ISIS and this big #hit hole. but idiots like this kid who posted wont own up too it. just as brainwashed as Isis monkeys.

Good idea! But how about de-radicalizing General Hafiz Saeed and his yahoos? 8-)

What's your assessment of KSA's program? Do you think that while it may reduce terrorism in the Kingdom it encourages the terror-minded to join ISIS?

I wish they can grab some Indians and reprogram them into normal human being and unleash them on larger indian population.

I can assure you, it's not because of a lack of trying from their end.

and the most funny part is that is EU and the west that ccreated ISIS and this big #hit hole. but idiots like this kid who posted wont own up too it. just as brainwashed as Isis monkeys.
"...Human rights and rule of law have always been dirty words in Pakistan. Anyone who raises a voice for them is considered to be working on a foreign agenda. I cannot quite figure that out. I remember once there was a plan to build walls around katchi-abadis in Karachi which bordered the city’s main thoroughfare – Shahrae Faisal. The logic was that foreigners should not see such localities.

"I think our national attitude is not to talk about such things. Many would rather lie than present the factual position in a bid to address the problem. It is therefore foolhardy to expect that we can solve problems because we are not ready to admit them in the first place."

"...Human rights and rule of law have always been dirty words in Pakistan. Anyone who raises a voice for them is considered to be working on a foreign agenda. I cannot quite figure that out. I remember once there was a plan to build walls around katchi-abadis in Karachi which bordered the city’s main thoroughfare – Shahrae Faisal. The logic was that foreigners should not see such localities.

"I think our national attitude is not to talk about such things. Many would rather lie than present the factual position in a bid to address the problem. It is therefore foolhardy to expect that we can solve problems because we are not ready to admit them in the first place."

and how dose that correlate to my quote.

and how dose that correlate to my quote.
'cause you're in make-believe land when you place unilateral blame on the EU and US rather than your co-religionists or yourselves and that this is a national attitude of Pakistanis.

@Oscar Is the scope of the program only limited to IS or it will be extended to cover all the people who would draw a 'black house without any window'? :)

Back
Top Bottom