What's new

Democratic India: ‘No Rent, No Sale’ Policy For Muslims In Mumbai

Yeah, we are aware of these Bollywood productions!
we are also aware of some islamic propaganga in west bank and kasmir.by the way this news is reported by bangladeshi news paper.if u want know please google.

Of course it is.....But if you remember it the word Obsession wont be used in the first place.....

yup..i know it was used...m not talking about that...as far as i understand...

u mean...indians are obsessed with pakistan so they are "HERE"....

did i make a mistake in understanding ur point??

yup..i know it was used...m not talking about that...as far as i understand...

u mean...indians are obsessed with pakistan so they are "HERE"....

did i make a mistake in understanding ur point??

Thats exactly what I meant..... International members are allowed but its still .pk and you guys being here show who is obsessive..... If you only want international forum there are many.....So before writing the word "obsession" just think who really is obsessive

Thats exactly what I meant..... International members are allowed but its still .pk and you guys being here show who is obsessive..... If you only want international forum there are many.....So before writing the word "obsession" just think who really is obsessive

in one of the threads...i got a reply from a mod that its an INTERNATIONAL FORUM...

it obviously did start off with a .pk

dunno about other indians...i am def not here coz its .pk

Not Surprised with the linked u posted from your own news sources will always preapare a cocked up stories and feed you guyz . I guess u never been to mumbai in ur life time ? Muslims makes 20% of the whole mumbai population which is close to 18 to 20 lacks.don't compare this one 2 cocked up stories with the entire muslim population of mumbai u will find ur self in an embarrasment if u visit mumbai in person and see the whole muslim population living in thier desired homes in mumbai .
This sory first came in THE HINDU.which did survey in various metropolis of india. check for 1-2 week old the hindu archive u'll find news on delhi bangalore too.The person has directly quoted in the las "via the hindu"

Of course it is.....But if you remember it the word Obsession wont be used in the first place.....

I fail to see the connection, or any logic behind that statement.

However, leaving aside the misplaced proprietary feeling of some members, on topic, it is worth reminding ourselves that discrimination happens. I know enough cases of the type of discrimination that this article portrays. What it does not portray is the similar discrimination faced by those born Hindu, or Sikh, for fear of their dietary habits. Bengalis, for instance, have a tough time in Madras, as landlords and landladies fear that they cannot stay away from fish. My uncle and aunt had a terrible time, admittedly some forty years or more ago. There are similar barriers in Bombay, and these may have been aggravated by the riots, and the attacks in following years.

Bengali fish-eating habits, and cooking styles, are resisted the world over. I was thrown out of a lease in Hounslow because the group I had lodged there were two of them Bengalis, and the landlord started getting complaints from the neighbours about cooking smells. Similarly, some of the fear and dislike of one community for another is rooted firmly in dietary habits and what is imagined as going along with them; my wife's cousins, vegetarians to the core, spent years in Hyderabad, and tell stories of crowding into a corner of the house furthest from their neighbours at the time of the Feast of Abraham, as the stench of blood filled the air. Yet these same relatives came home for dinner and were bitterly disappointed that they got no fish curry! Ironically, I was as discriminating and particular a vegetarian as my wife.

It is not always bigotry of a religious kind; sometimes it is a milder but still corrosive variation which is as objectionable as the other kind.

THE SUNDAY STORY What’s in a name? Ask a Muslim buying or renting property in the city that never sleeps. Mumbai, which prides itself on its cosmopolitan character, is divided on religion, food habits and language.

When radio jockey Yunus Khan wanted a house in Gorai in suburban Mumbai, he was told it was a “Sena type” area — a reference to the saffron political party Shiv Sena.

“Agents told us it was not possible to get a flat in Gorai,” Mr. Khan told The Hindu. “They said Muslims are not preferred. I am married to a Hindu woman. So they suggested purchasing a flat in my wife’s name. But living anonymously is not possible. Letters and bank statements will be in my name.”

Mr. Khan’s brother faced the same problem, while looking for rental accommodation in suburban Kandivali’s Charkop area.

What’s in a name? Ask a Muslim buying or renting property in the city that never sleeps. Mumbai, which prides itself on its cosmopolitan character, is divided on religion, food habits and language.

A “few locations of south Mumbai like Walkeshwar, Malabar Hill, Peddar Road, Breach Candy; western suburbs like Vile Parle, Bandra, Borivali, Kandivli and eastern suburbs like Ghatkopar, Sion and Mulund are out of bounds for Muslims,” says Mehul Ved from Ace Realtors, member of South Metrocity Association of Realtors.

“Walkeshwar is totally out for Muslims, except perhaps a few buildings,” said Sanjay Mundra, a south Mumbai realtor in premium housing. “People are refusing to rent or sell houses to Muslims all over the city,” remarked another agent. “I have had dealings in Juhu, Bandra, Peddar Road and Colaba. Around 95 per cent of owners flatly refuse Muslims. They give excuses: a flat is not empty or relatives are coming.”

In Walkeshwar particularly, the unwritten code of barring not just Muslims, but non-vegetarians is rigid. The vegetarian-non-vegetarian divide is “a big issue,” say property agents. “You can’t rent a shop or start a pizza outlet for non-vegetarian fare. On a couple of occasions, the neighbouring shops put up a board urging customers to boycott the shop. It’s difficult to survive,” Mr. Mundra said. Speaking of Muslims as “that community,” he said, “They dress in a certain way. If there are three or four burqua-clad women in a lift, it gets uncomfortable. I am not against any community, but certain communities are rough. They are not concerned about etiquette or hygiene. The [discomfort] is psychological. They can have three or four wives and a lot of children. It can get very crowded and noisy.” Mixed marriages too raise the hackles. Housing societies object to Muslims staying in the homes of their non-Muslim spouses. There is a perception that the Muslim upper crust is “less radical.”

However, unable to draw a line, these societies refuse all Muslims. In 2009, Hindi film actor Emraan Hashmi protested the alleged refusal of a housing colony in Mumbai’s plush Pali Hill locality to give him a flat.

He complained to the Maharashtra State Minorities Commission. “Many societies,” said Mr. Ved, “have a by-law that [mandates] a seller or lessor to check with the society before planning to sell or lease to a potential Muslim buyer.

Dr. Zeenat Shaukat Ali, Professor of Islamic Studies at Mumbai’s premier St. Xavier’s College, wanted to buy a house in 2005-06 in Pali Hill, Bandra. “Not one, but many agents told me Pali Hill is restricted. I was shocked. My children are very secular. I found that many localities are out of bounds for Muslims,” she said. Terror attacks have compounded biases, leading to their being further demonised. The 1992-93 communal riots, which saw large-scale movement of Muslims to ghettos, were a watershed. The entire area of Mumbra in Thane district was formed after these riots. Mumbra, Govandi, Bandra (East), Nagpada, Bhendi Bazaar, Zhaveri Bazaar and Mahim, to some degree, are well-known as Muslim pockets. Although such discrimination is rampant, no Muslim wants to come forward to file an official complaint, said Naseem Siddiqui, the Commission’s former chairman. He even endorsed segregation to avoid disputes. “I have myself told Muslims to find places in Muslim localities.”

Gujarati and Marwari home owners are known to exclude Muslims on the basis of food habits.

The Hindu called an agent in the Gujarati-dominated area of Santa Cruz. When told that a Muslim tenant was looking for a place, he said, “Then I will have to find out. I will check if the society owner is comfortable. Otherwise, [the tenant] would have to go to a Muslim area.”

Via: The Hindu

http://www.columnpk.com/democratic-india-no-rent-no-sale-policy-for-muslims-in-mumbai/

Yes Democratic India...where I am allowed to Rent or Sell my house to anyone of my liking...I am allowed to live with people of my choice...

This unnecessary bickering and chest beating from so call Pseudo secularists makes no difference....they can go to hell....

with the entire muslim population of mumbai u will find ur self in an embarrasment if u visit mumbai in person and see the whole muslim population living in thier desired homes in mumbai .
A whole community living in certain areas of a city is termed as ghettoisation which is result of segregation and discrimination.

a well deserved slap in the face of indian muslims. these are the guys who stayed behind because of their "property", now suck it or get your act together and cut yourselves a free country from those boundaries.

Yes Democratic India...where I am allowed to Rent or Sell my house to anyone of my liking...I am allowed to live with people of my choice...

This unnecessary bickering and chest beating from so call Pseudo secularists makes no difference....they can go to hell....

Your instinctive use of Sangh Parivar code-words shows up your own affiliations and biases quite clearly.

Back
Top Bottom