What's new

Democratic India: ‘No Rent, No Sale’ Policy For Muslims In Mumbai

I fail to see the connection, or any logic behind that statement.

However, leaving aside the misplaced proprietary feeling of some members, on topic, it is worth reminding ourselves that discrimination happens. I know enough cases of the type of discrimination that this article portrays. What it does not portray is the similar discrimination faced by those born Hindu, or Sikh, for fear of their dietary habits. Bengalis, for instance, have a tough time in Madras, as landlords and landladies fear that they cannot stay away from fish. My uncle and aunt had a terrible time, admittedly some forty years or more ago. There are similar barriers in Bombay, and these may have been aggravated by the riots, and the attacks in following years.

Bengali fish-eating habits, and cooking styles, are resisted the world over. I was thrown out of a lease in Hounslow because the group I had lodged there were two of them Bengalis, and the landlord started getting complaints from the neighbours about cooking smells. Similarly, some of the fear and dislike of one community for another is rooted firmly in dietary habits and what is imagined as going along with them; my wife's cousins, vegetarians to the core, spent years in Hyderabad, and tell stories of crowding into a corner of the house furthest from their neighbours at the time of the Feast of Abraham, as the stench of blood filled the air. Yet these same relatives came home for dinner and were bitterly disappointed that they got no fish curry! Ironically, I was as discriminating and particular a vegetarian as my wife.

It is not always bigotry of a religious kind; sometimes it is a milder but still corrosive variation which is as objectionable as the other kind.

Its because of green flags.....Change it to tri color and you'll suddenly see the connection and logic....

a well deserved slap in the face of indian muslims. these are the guys who stayed behind because of their "property", now suck it or get your act together and cut yourselves a free country from those boundaries.

Fortunately for the sanity of the moderate members of both countries, India and Pakistan, Internet Hindus are matched against Internet Muslims. It is reassuring in a grim and macabre sense.

Its because of green flags.....Change it to tri color and you'll suddenly see the connection and logic....

I am afraid I don't operate at that infantile level. Try the next street.

Its same like , In PAK, hindu denied Justice even court also but they expect everything from others. they support people who dream of waving islamic flag in UK but book UK when they ban them........ lol quite a irony, they cheers and support people who destroyed old Buddha idols but expect even other to follow their illegal prayer house.

They control other religion but expect other country to do not do the same thing with them.. first they need to look into themselves and then ask about others.

They t

a well deserved slap in the face of indian muslims. these are the guys who stayed behind because of their "property", now suck it or get your act together and cut yourselves a free country from those boundaries.
You guys tried his 6 decades back....and look at the sh!t you are in today....you guys lost 50% of your so called Muslim Country within 3 decades.....and not only that you guys tried every possible means to cut India ...In the name of Khalistan...you lost....then in the name of Kashmir and you are still paying the price of that.....

Fortunately for the sanity of the moderate members of both countries, India and Pakistan, Internet Hindus are matched against Internet Muslims. It is reassuring in a grim and macabre sense.

I am afraid I don't operate at that infantile level. Try the next street.

I am afraid you do....Ba bye

fir flag.....Arey yeh stayee huyee janta hai.do jhoothay vade kar do aur do roti ka asra de do to yeh kisi bhi rang ka parcham utha lenge.

It is the democratic right of the Hindu terrorists to do whatever they want with their Muslim population. They haven't yet sent them to the gas chambers, have they? Once in while burning couple of thousands alive is the height of it, so why do these Muslims complain?

Look in your country...what you do to minority religion people in your country...in India Minorities are living 1000 times better life than BD and Pakistan minorities.....At least they dont live in fear of forcibly covert to Hindu in India...

We have given place to all religion in our nation flag (Tricolor)...Sefron for Hindu and Sikhs, Green for Muslim, white for Christian, Bodh and Jain

I know in my apartment of 100 flats....I can see minimum 10 muslim family living.....

Yes there are reservation in most of the flats before letting it out like

only for family
only for vegetarians (no meat eating hindu, muslim or christian)
no kids
no big family
only for girls or boys
etc

At least we are not suffering under the feudalism which is still existing in your country, we have our own piece of land ,property assets we can use them in what ever way we want. its useless to explain people like you born with an anti-India programmed mind set .

they have lost confidence of common men...they need to do a lot to get accepted in Society!!! no one wants them in their society.....muslim terrrorism and hindu reservation system really suck!!

we are also aware of some islamic propaganga in west bank and kasmir.by the way this news is reported by bangladeshi news paper.if u want know please google.

Don't tell us that you're unaware of RAW's contribution to the so-called 'Bangladeshi' media.

Look in your country...what you do to minority religion people in your country...in India Minorities are living 1000 times better life than BD and Pakistan minorities.....At least they dont live in fear of forcibly covert to Hindu in India...

Yeah, you're right, every year hundreds of Gujraat type holocaust take place in BD but somehow the 'pro-Bangladeshi' western media misses it, on the other hand, once in a blue moon it occurs in india and the 'anti-india' western media just goes nuts over it, right? Now, get lost.

Your instinctive use of Sangh Parivar code-words shows up your own affiliations and biases quite clearly.

May I know which words are code-words of sangh parivar? quoting his original post - "Yes Democratic India...where I am allowed to Rent or Sell my house to anyone of my liking...I am allowed to live with people of my choice...

This unnecessary bickering and chest beating from so call Pseudo secularists makes no difference....they can go to hell...."

- Is it the use of words like pseudo secularists - care to clarify?

Race-based housing segregation still persists in the US but you can see many middle class and upper class Blacks and Asians have homes in upscale mostly white neighborhoods....making it essentially class-based segregation.

In India, however, lots of media stories confirm that even rich Muslims are excluded from upscale housing.

Could you please provide links few of those lot of stories? Please do not provide Pakistan media links.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom