What's new

Democracy is a failed experiment

^^ I suggest you to tell a viable alternate system which works without any problems whatsoever at all ....

Also the topic of this thread is utterly wrong. Democracy is in no way failed , an it's certainly no "experiment" !

What are the criteria for failure, elaborate and I will point out similar flaws in other systems too ....

Single party system is OK ? Dictatorship / junta rule is better ? Monarchy is good ?

See , no system is 100% flawless , but the pros of democracy far far outweighs its cons .... thats why its the best available system ....you can't argue with that ... the most developed nations as well as nations topping the human index list are all based on democracies ...

Do you accept that it is perfect yes you do in your earlier posts. Shall we discuss or try timkering with it no cos you have a closed mind

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

^^ I suggest you to tell a viable alternate system which works without any problems whatsoever at all ....

Also the topic of this thread is utterly wrong. Democracy is in no way failed , an it's certainly no "experiment" !

What are the criteria for failure, elaborate and I will point out similar flaws in other systems too ....

Single party system is OK ? Dictatorship / junta rule is better ? Monarchy is good ?

See , no system is 100% flawless , but the pros of democracy far far outweighs its cons .... thats why its the best available system ....you can't argue with that ... the most developed nations as well as nations topping the human index list are all based on democracies ...

i meant imperfect theres something wrong here i cant get to the last page of the posts on this thread so may not be able to join the discussion on this thread any more. am not sure if its the forum or my computer?

I pray for long live Pakistan
Military should save and strong Pakistan....
and i believe Military....
our Politician'need strong position.....and strong policy........

My freind I agree that those instances are failures. I think we should discuss new ways forward and dicuss what options are available etc

I was just answering American Pakistani's comment that Pakistan progressed under military dictators while the disasters that they caused due to their short sightness caused much more damage to Pakistan than whatever progress that they claim to bring. So for Pakistan the best option is still democracy. Let the politicians do their job with out interference from your Army for a while before calling the army back in again.

I was just answering American Pakistani's comment that Pakistan progressed under military dictators while the disasters that they caused due to their short sightness caused much more damage to Pakistan than whatever progress that they claim to bring. So for Pakistan the best option is still democracy. Let the politicians do their job with out interference from your Army for a while before calling the army back in again.

Yea but what the current "democratic" process throws up is a farce I mean a crook like zardari. Also population are not literate and held back by feudals. I would say its an abuse in the name of democracy whats happening I mean out of 180 million I dont know what the figures are but its like 6 million voted and 3 million for ppp. How is that possibly in the interest of the people

democracy with two party system is better like in usa

There are good things we can take from the USA which we should. However i wish we could look at several different states and take the best of all their democracies and come up with a new system. I dont have an answer but its nice to see other peoples views

Yea but what the current "democratic" process throws up is a farce I mean a crook like zardari. Also population are not literate and held back by feudals. I would say its an abuse in the name of democracy whats happening I mean out of 180 million I dont know what the figures are but its like 6 million voted and 3 million for ppp. How is that possibly in the interest of the people

One of the things that I thank the immediate post independence Indian leaders is that they abolished Zamidari System which they rightly assumed that it will interfere in the political process. Pakistan should also follow the same, but it seems both your Generals & Politicians are hand in gloves with feudals.

Military rule can make sure that the neighbours can keep on progressing...

democracy with two party system is better like in usa

We have that in uk and to be honest there isnt any real choice because on major issues like invading iraq both parties were for invading

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

One of the things that I thank the immediate post independence Indian leaders is that they abolished Zamidari System which they rightly assumed that it will interfere in the political process. Pakistan should also follow the same, but it seems both your Generals & Politicians are hand in gloves with feudals.

Agreed but I think pakistan was unfortunate in that our qaid died very early and may be liaqat ali would have been good but we missed out on that

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Military rule can make sure that the neighbours can keep on progressing...

What kind of comment is this. Do you think this helps?

We have that in uk and to be honest there isnt any real choice because on major issues like invading iraq both parties were for invading

True, but there was serious discussion about that decision, Tony Blair lost his job, his party lost the elections and the troops are now back home. Can you say that this can be done if it was a dictator ruling UK.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

True, but there was serious discussion about that decision, Tony Blair lost his job, his party lost the elections and the troops are now back home. Can you say that this can be done if it was a dictator ruling UK.

Back
Top Bottom