What's new

Delivery of a large numbers military equipment to Jordan

I would think that Jordan should buy more used F-16s get them MLUed & retire the current crop of Mirrages & F-5s ! Around a 100 or so MLUed F-16s which are comparable to F-16 Block 52s in quite a few ways would be nice.

And wait for a 5th Generation platform to come along & mature enough to be inducted.

Actually Jordan has already started replacing Mirage F-1 and F-5 fleets with F-16 MLU.

But on the Air-Defense thing, baring the Patriots, the rest doesn't look to great !
I know they are not the best available but their numbers and types as well as the upgrades make Jordanian sky at medium and low ranges and altitudes very well protected.

- Anti air systems for long range and altitudes:

Patriot pac-3 (12 launchers)
4 Batteries, MIM-104 Patriot pac-2

- Anti air systems for medium range and altitudes:
50 SA-8 OSA-AKM Launchers + 1450 missiles (upgraded)
22 batteries MIM-23 Hawk Phase III with MIM-23B/E Missiles

- Anti air systems for low range and altitudes:

181 M163 Vulcan
48 ZSU-23-4M4 Shilka SPAAG
50 9K35 ZREB-BD Gopher (Upgraded & Manufactured by JELS) Launchers + 1250 missiles (upgraded)
364 SA-24 182 Dzhigit launchers (2x Igla-S) on light vehicles + 1800 Igla-S missiles
200 SA-18
200 SA-14
300 SA-7B
300 FIM-43C

I'd think it would be better to buy a SPADA 2000 like medium range SAM system along with keeping the Patriots & perhaps even look into some Chinese SAM systems that are coming along reasonably nicely.
And what makes Aspide 2000 better than SA-8 OSA-AKM and MIM-23 Hawk Phase III?
If I were Jordan & were in possession of some cash to spare I'd look at what Turkey is developing & achieving quite closely & perhaps even do a JV or two with them on a project of my choosing !

And you said it, possession of some cash...
Do you think Pakistan would be allowed to be a member of the GCC ?
In my opinion, I don't think so for some reasons, Pakistan is already a friend and ally of GCC countries.

@BLACKEAGLE :

The Long-Range : Good stuff ! :tup:

The Medium Range : Neither the SA-8 OSA-AKM or the MIM-23 Hawk Phase III armed with MIM-23B/E Missiles either have the range or the ECM resistance relative to what the Israelis are going to employ to muster much of a challenge; hence why I mentioned SPADA 2000 (Aspide 2000 establishes another exceptional record ~ ASIAN DEFENCE) - Go through the link its good !

The Short-Range
:

MANPADs
: Baring the SA-24s the rest are obsolete & may be jammed by the Israelis !

Anti-Aircraft Guns : They're great for low-flying targets ! Thought do they have a mobile radar system along them like the Orleikons do with their Skyguard ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I personnaly saw some of these equipment in Holland, They are in really good shape and Dutch personal really take good care of these vehicles, Especcialy the Military Trucks.

@BLACKEAGLE :

The Long-Range : Good stuff ! :tup:

The Medium Range : Neither the SA-8 OSA-AKM or the MIM-23 Hawk Phase III armed with MIM-23B/E Missiles either have the range or the ECM resistance relative to what the Israelis are going to employ to muster much of a challenge; hence why I mentioned SPADA 2000 (Aspide 2000 establishes another exceptional record ~ ASIAN DEFENCE) - Go through the link its good !
And that's why SA-8 OSA-AKM has a backup low-light optical tracking system for heavy ECM environments. While for the MIM-23 Hawk Phase III:

Phase III
: The PIP Phase III development was started in 1983, and was first fielded by U. S. forces in 1989. Phase III was a major upgrade which significantly enhanced the computer hardware and software for most components of the system, a new CWAR the AN/MPQ-62, added single-scan target detection capability, and upgraded the HPI to AN/MPQ-61 standard by addition of a Low-Altitude Simultaneous Hawk Engagement (LASHE) system. LASHE allows the Hawk system to counter saturation attacks by simultaneously intercepting multiple low-level targets. The ROR was phased out in Phase III Hawk units.
Hawk Missile Restore Reliability (MRR)
This was a program that ran between 1982 and 1984 intended to improve missile reliability.
Hawk ECCM
Running alongside the MMR program, this produced ECCM to specific threats, probably contemporary Soviet ECM pods such as the SPS-141 fitted to the Su-22, which proved moderately effective during the Iran-Iraq War. The MIM-23C and E missiles contain these fixes.
Low clutter enhancements
Upgrades to the missile that takes it up to MIM-23G that enable the missile to deal with low flying targets in a high clutter environment. These were first deployed in 1990.
Hawk missile ILM (Improved lethality modification)
To improve the lethality of the warhead of the missile against ballistic missiles, the warhead was redesigned to produce fewer larger fragments, typically 35 grams each comparable to a 12.7 mm projectile in mass.

Low level/multi jamming
MIM-23E/F
An upgraded to the MIM-23C/D missiles improved guidance for low level engagements in a high clutter/multi-jamming environment. Introduced in 1990.

The Short-Range
:

MANPADs
: Baring the SA-24s the rest are obsolete & may be jammed by the Israelis !

Anti-Aircraft Guns : They're great for low-flying targets ! Thought do they have a mobile radar system along them like the Orleikons do with their Skyguard ?
SA-18/16 are obsolete?:woot:
9K38 Igla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anti-Aircraft Guns do have mobile radars mounted on them...
As for the 9K35 ZREB-BD Gopher, how can Israeli jam them while they use passive detection devices?
http://www.jels-tech.com/images/pdf/short_range_air_defense.pdf

@BLACKEAGLE : How dare you contradict me ! :angry:

Okay I confess I hadn't any idea as to what I was talking about ! :D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom