What's new

Delhi Police remove barricades from outside US embassy

I'm against arresting diplomats. But India will forget that this diplomat exist if US threaten to withhold engines needed for LCA.

The kind of treatment vetted to a diplomat and considering that person in focus is a lady, the matter could have been handled with a little more sensitivity, even if authorities had suspicion over the lady.
The whole manner in which US handled the issue is deeply regrettable.
As far as the engines are concerned, considering the kind of market India is, i don't think US defence lobby will let anything happen that lets go their chances in this lucrative market.

after recent elections results,you can expect that.....they need votes

It would be indeed regrettable if they are doing all this for petty political gains. I wish they had shown the spine when Modi was constantly denied Visa.

The kind of treatment vetted to a diplomat and considering that person in focus is a lady, the matter could have been handled with a little more sensitivity, even if authorities had suspicion over the lady.
The whole manner in which US handled the issue is deeply regrettable.
As far as the engines are concerned, considering the kind of market India is, i don't think US defence lobby will let anything happen that lets go their chances in this lucrative market.

It would be indeed regrettable if they are doing all this for petty political gains. I wish they had shown the spine when Modi was constantly denied Visa.

Indian market is certainly lucrative. But it still might withhold if the integrity and honor of US as a country is being challenged.

Indian market is certainly lucrative. But it still might withhold if the integrity and honor of US as a country is being challenged.

I suppose an apology might be on the way. Even if there was no defence deals, India is a democracy and the relations between two countries are beyond arms deals. Besides IMHO protesting against an indecent and uncalled behaviour isn't exactly challenging anybody's honor.
That said, i would have loved to see Indian PM have a word with President Obama over the matter and express the displeasure. A timely action might have saved blowing out of this issue to this point.

I'm against arresting diplomats. But India will forget that this diplomat exist if US threaten to withhold engines needed for LCA.

If they do that India will never again buy any military hardware from them.....just imagine the magnitude of business their arms industry would loose besides this resulting in India going toally on to the russian side regarding military equipment. Trust me anything of that sort would damage the US more than it would India coz India is not Pakistan that runs on US aid. We have a good economy and a population of one seventh of the world to whom US wants to sell its products.To play with a market as huge as India would be utterly foolish

This is as good a time as any for India to do what Indian members seem to want, a strategic alliance to counter China.

I mean questioning five guys in a disputed area and letting them go is way worse than the Americans arresting a diplomat.

India US friends forever.

The republic of India's Only Friend was USSR no country can take its place not even Russia
& please why will we contain china
We will are trying to be what China was in 1970s
Extract maximum benefits from Americans

Unless Us puts Military sanctions on India and forgets about Huge Indian Defence Market , this will lead to delays for LCA Project and India never had backup plan even when India was under sanctions .

This is as good a time as any for India to do what Indian members seem to want, a strategic alliance to counter China.

I mean questioning five guys in a disputed area and letting them go is way worse than the Americans arresting a diplomat.

India US friends forever.

When, Chinese detained those 5 guys. Only our media barked and ntn changed on the ground. But here, all the special privileges the US diplomats enjoyed were revoked.

There are many countries who are fighting to supply state of the art military equipment to India. We may not get the best but we'll get some of the better weapons available. US will be the one to lose.

As if with engines from USA , LCA can defend the earth from aliens. seriously LCA engine. i believe most of countries are willing to take a pie from Indian defense market. they wont hesitate to take that from usa. Bugger off USA.

India has asked for salary details of Indian staffs working in US consulates in India, since technically these are US territories, the Indian staffs should have been paid salaries as per the US wages! :-)

BTW I learned that minimum wages of Devyani's maid in US as per their standard would be more than Devyani's own salary!

india please cool down man

We want good relations with USA (and with all other countries), but that doesn't mean we want it at any cost. We have survived with USA on our opposite camp when we were a new democracy and far more vulnerable. If USA consider us friendly now, and a respectable sovereign democratic country, then they must learn how to deal with us respectably.

Personally I believe too much of friendship or enmity with USA; both are bad.

We want good relations with USA (and with all other countries), but that doesn't mean we want it at any cost. We have survived with USA on our opposite camp when we were a new democracy and far more vulnerable. If USA consider us friendly now, and a respectable sovereign democratic country, then they must learn how to deal with us respectably.

Personally I believe too much of friendship or enmity with USA; both are bad.

but for me its just small issue and will be solved with in 2-3 days

India has asked for salary details of Indian staffs working in US consulates in India, since technically these are US territories, the Indian staffs should have been paid salaries as per the US wages! :-)

BTW I learned that minimum wages of Devyani's maid in US as per their standard would be more than Devyani's own salary!

I think presently this is the best tit for tat!! The clerk/typist working there will automatically become the highest paid (more than class-I officers).

but for me its just small issue and will be solved with in 2-3 days
hopefully buddy..but the yanks must know that they cant get away with anything.this is not the first instance
a diplomats daughter was wrongly arrested inspite of the immunity and released with out an apology
Student wrongly accused of cyberbullying teacher sues city - NY Daily News
our former president whom we loved the most was frisked even after he boarded the flight just because he was a muslim
Former President APJ Abdul Kalam frisked twice in US - Times Of India
soft stance will be taken in wrong sense sometimes

Back
Top Bottom