What's new

Delhi Master Plan 2021: City's skyline may go the Shanghai way

^ You knew it will be troll thread and yet you posted it.Stop posting threads with India in 20XX.....Why not talk about the present,our record in fulfilling promises isn't that good.The cheerleaders are also funny they are worrying about the infrastructure of India....that's like being on a sinking ship and talking $hit about a big messy ship which is still floating :lol:
But does Delhi needs skyscrapers.....how many Delhiites are willing to live in those high rise building.
Honestly I didn't know that it will change in troll thread. & it is not about 2015,2020,2025. It is about the need of land which is becoming scarce day by day in Delhi. What I was trying to convey that this is situation is going to spread in all over India in certain period. So why we don't build skyscraper to solve the land problem. When skyscraper is being built. There is need for support services. Like water supply,fire services etc. It is a gradual step by step process for optimum development.

I didn't said that you're not capable of developping and remake a new city but it's very bad Idea to develop it as high value target for "Chini version of Agni-5: "the China-Killer".
Strange that a Chinese referring to himself as Chini!!Kind of gives me an idea about the kind of false flagging going on out here!!:cheesy:

More than Skylines, we need effective transport infrastructure and eradication of slums. Those impact the city residents more

Mumbai has the worst infrastructure in Asia, but Indian govt is worried of making glass airports, not cleaner roads and eradication of slums
Well as far as slums are concerned Karachi has beaten India hands down in this aspect atleast by having the largest slum in Asia overtaking Dhravi(Which BTW I should mention is a great example of resource planning and turning into more of a tourist attraction nowadays!!)
Karachi is Asia's largest slum, not Dharavi: UNDP - Times Of India
Mumbai's Dharavi a model for UK, says Charles
PTI Oct 9, 2010, 01.49pm IST

LONDON: Prince Charles, who recently visited India for the Commonwealth Games, says in a new book that Dharavi in Mumbai - one of the world's largest slums - is a model of sustainable living that British towns could follow.

Britain, he writes in his latest book, "Harmony", could learn lessons from the way people live their lives in Dharavi.

The book will be published next week. According to him, Dharavi is better organised than many Western towns and cities, and that the residents instinctively practise sustainable living, which he is keen to promote.

'The Daily Telegraph' today reported that Prince Charles is likely to attract criticism as he is out of touch by praising the way the slum has become a functioning community.

He writes, "When you enter what looks from the outside like an immense mound of plastic and rubbish, you immediately come upon an intricate network of streets with miniature shops, houses and workshops, each one made out of any material that comes to hand".

The Prince contrasts the "fragmented, deconstructed housing estates" built in the West with the "order and harmony" of the slum, saying: "We have a great deal to learn about how complex systems can self-organise to create a harmonious whole".

He adds, "The people of Dharavi manage to separate all their waste at home and it gets recycled without any official collection facilities at all. It is not done in safe conditions and few people would want to do this work - but that is not my point".

"The real lesson I took from Dharavi was about the vast asset we can call 'community capital'. "The slum has built up its own financial sector, with community banking enterprises using the savings of residents to extend loans to borrowers".

The 61-year-old heir to the British throne writes in the book, "This works on the basis of personal relationships and the power of the community to ensure the creditworthiness of those who borrow (sometimes in contrast to the recently imploded financial sector in the West)."

Describing his book as "a call to revolution", he alludes to the controversy he expects to follow its publication, saying: "It is probably inevitable that if you challenge the bastions of conventional thinking you will find yourself accused of naivety".
Prince-Charles.jpg

Good, good. India needs a skyline... Right now she has no skyline, even African cities skylines are betters than India's. But Im not sure if India can afford it

Looks better drawn... I remember Mumbai skyline project a few years ago, looked amazing on paper, turned out **** in real life, with old building materiarls and crappy infrastructure. Could you give me the one you saw in paper?? and now turned **** in real life!!! - you are a lier and posting your **** things hear out of frustration...

Look - if you call that a skyline :lol:

800px-Mumbai_Skyline1.jpg

Dude India is not Pakistan - where your major projects such us Centaurus in Islamabad is been constructed for many years and no sign of completion, same with your other projects such us your new Islamabad Airport project - but on the other hand we in India are now able to complete many major projects in time such as Airports, Metros and many major projects...below are few samples...

Siemens One Bangalore International Airport, India

Ultimate airport - Hyderabad Airport

The Making of Terminal 3, IGI Airport, New Delhi India

"Wolf" Show me one such major airport project from Pakistan - which is completed, you won't be able to give me any project which is even one tenth of the size of the above Indian projects, so before pointing fingers on India complete your homework, these three are just sample and I could show you many such major projects from India completed recently and which you can only envy siting in Pakistan

Bangalore IT park

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange that a Chinese referring to himself as Chini!!Kind of gives me an idea about the kind of false flagging going on out here!!:cheesy:

I know there has at least been 2 false flagging Pakistanis pretending to be Chinese in this forum so far. A few months ago I was heatedly arguing with what appeared to be this relatively new Chinese guy on PDF (forgot his ID, not around anymore after he opened his poll), and suddenly accidentally lets slip some Hindi/Urdu phrases in the heat of the moment :rofl:

He quickly edited his post when he realized his mistake, but his poll was opened :lol:

I know there has at least been 2 false flagging Pakistanis pretending to be Chinese in this forum so far.
Only 2 ??? I sometimes feel that 90% of them are Pakistanis!!:woot:I bet u that most Chinese just like most Indians do not shelve such kind of hatred for each other as is sometimes displayed on these forums!!

India should think twice before rushing skyward: Stern
World’s leading architect, Robert A M Stern, known for his Walt Disney projects and renovation of Times Square, New York City is for the first time designing a project in India--- commercial complex, One Horizon Centre in Gurgaon, joint venture between DLF and Hines. Stern tells Dilasha Seth that his firm is also designing a Business Park Twon Planners (BPTP) project and a house in New Delhi. He adds that India should think twice before going the skyscraper way as its infrastructure does not support such high risers. Moreover, the democratic process in India makes development at a large scale more difficult, he says.

Q. Why did you decide to take on this project One Horizon Center in Gurgaon?

A. We were contacted by the international development company Hines to create a master plan for DLF that on completion will bring together offices, residences, a hotel, and shopping. lt sounded like a fascinating puzzle. We knew that DLF was one of India's first-rank developers, with the expertise and ability to get things done, and so we were convinced this was the right project for our India

Q. What are the other projects that you are doing in India?

A. We're currently designing a mixed-use project in Noida for BPTP and a house in New Delhi.

Q. What are the challenges of executing architecture in India?

A. One challenge is the instability of 1ndia‘s infrastructure, particularly the unreliability of the power and water supply. Another challenge is the complexity of the approvals process, very many people have a voice. It's a democratic process, but it does make development at a large scale more difficult. A third challenge is that though labor is cheaper, the materials cost as much in India as in other parts of the world, and the returns are lower, so it's often difficult for developers to afford a high level of quality. However, in One Horizon Center, the quality of the building is absolutely at an international level.

Q. Is it time for India to go vertical? Is India ready for the sky scrapers?
A. Obviously at 25 stories our building is a tall building-but not compared to the super-tall skyscrapers that are being built in the world today, especially in Asia and West Asia. Nonetheless I believe India should think twice before rushing skyward: the country‘s energy infrastructure and other related issues have to be sorted out before super scale development can succeed.

Q. What is unique about the design of One Horizon Center?

A. One Horizon Center distinguishes itself with its simple shape, in particular the broad gestural sweep of its facade. The winter garden that serves as the lobby to the building locks into a stepped plaza that in the future will also connect to the hotels, apartments, and shops which will complete Horizon Center.

Q. Which city or cities do you feel are in need of international architecture?

A. Globalization brings incredible material benefits to very many people, but I believe that in today's world we need to remember and carry forward the character of local culture. Obviously New Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore-three cities l've been to and know a little about-are cities that are ripe for international architecture, but in my view unconsidered development has already compromised the character of these cities more than it should have. We need to think global but respect local.
India should think twice before rushing skyward: Stern

A few months ago I was heatedly arguing with what appeared to be this relatively new Chinese guy on PDF (forgot his ID, not around anymore after he opened his poll), and suddenly accidentally lets slip some Hindi/Urdu phrases in the heat of the moment :rofl:

He quickly edited his post when he realized his mistake, but his poll was opened :lol:

Aisi ghatnao ka screenshot liya karo bhai logo. I also want to see Urdu speaking Chinese. :lol:

Aisi ghatnao ka screenshot liya karo bhai logo. I also want to see Urdu speaking Chinese. :lol:
Then some would go on to say that they are Uighurs who have learnt Urdu out of a sense of brotherhood with the Pakistanis!!:lol:

I am following this thread since I created it. I am amazed by the impression that Indians,Chinese & Pakistani posters are quite brilliant at diverting the topic. When I created the thread,I thought that posters will discuss what is basic thing in news. News clearly says that FSI is going to be increased so that buildings can go vertically up. More FSI,no one is getting that. Why are they increasing FSI,because of lack of land. My knowledge is less on this subject. I thought that I will get updated information on this subject. But now I think Why the hell I started this thread. :hitwall:
No one is claiming here that Delhi will become Shanghai. News only states that we intend to build taller buildings to avoid congestion problem. No one is getting this simple damn point.:cry:

we are building lot of skyscrapers in NCR but far away from city centre:P

Interestingly enough even their PM is delusional.
we are trying for Karachi model skyscrapers (100m high:rofl:)

Back
Top Bottom