What's new

Delhi Master Plan 2021: City's skyline may go the Shanghai way

Gujarat's GIFT will be something to look out for.

Some Chinese company is actually involved in this.

GIFT_large_.jpg
East China Architectural Design Institute

when you copy our china killer, please dont copy so perfectly that it still remains a china killer.

Nah Chinese copy = poor as usual :D ... but regardless of the quality, even with a circular error of 1 kM it will still a city killer..so bad idea to modernized Mumbai or New delhi.

Gujarat's GIFT will be something to look out for.

Some Chinese company is actually involved in this.

It's straight out of skyscrapercity. So I doubt it.

CHinese company designed it. Its the same company that designed shanghai and beijing. One of the best in the world in city planning. Hopefully we consult them more and let them expand their buisness in India.

loll I live in canada and I have visited Vancouver. Yes Vancouver is a beautiful city, but if you want to compare van infra with shanghai, sorry bro shanghai seems outstanding. Its new and shiny. Even the new infra India is building is better than west. Delhi metro is atleast 10 times better than toronto transit, not only in accuracy but also in comfort and technology. Leave it you wont understand please join a NGO and protest for slum rehabilitation programs.

thats why i said .. go see vancouver and shanghai , and what is a better place for humans to live.
life is not about shiny skyscrapers. you say we need to build a world class metro and i wil lagree, but building shiny skycrappers is not the way.
I live in Singapore and ive been to all these cities. people in your so called skycrapper cities are so stressed that even their fertility is decreasing.

They got some damn good consultants.

1. Design and Architecture - East China Architectural Design & Research Institute (ECADI) and Fairwood Consultants India.
2. ICT Advisory Services - British Telecom
3. Market Demand Assessment - McKinsey & Company
4. Talent Demand Assessment - Hewitt Associates
5. Environmental Assessment - IL&FS Ecosmart Ltd
6. Process Management - IL&FS Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd
7. ICT Management - Cisco Systems International
8. Power Management - ABB

loll I live in canada and I have visited Vancouver. Yes Vancouver is a beautiful city, but if you want to compare van infra with shanghai, sorry bro shanghai seems outstanding. Its new and shiny. Even the new infra India is building is better than west. Delhi metro is atleast 10 times better than toronto transit, not only in accuracy but also in comfort and technology. Leave it you wont understand please join a NGO and protest for slum rehabilitation programs.

This is actually true most of the infra. in the west is getting old, and because of the poor economy it is also getting neglected. While in case of developing economies, its the exact opposite, since they are starting from scratch and putting new technology in building it looks better. Personally I would say, as someone who has lived in Detroit and Delhi over the years, I like the new Delhi a lot more than I like Detroit.

Nah Chinese copy = poor as usual :D ... but regardless of the quality, even with a circular error of 1 kM it will still a city killer..so bad idea to modernized Mumbai or New delhi.
thts why i said we have a china killer.. that will kill china cities. if you copy us and have your own china killer, we dont have to put a bom in shanghai you will do it yourself.

This is actually true most of the infra. in the west is getting old, and because of the poor economy it is also getting neglected. While in case of developing economies, its the exact opposite, since they are starting from scratch and putting new technology in building it looks better. Personally I would say, as someone who has lived in Detroit and Delhi over the years, I like the new Delhi a lot more than I like Detroit.

When I was coming back to Canada last month I took flight from Delhi airport. Honestly it made heathrow look like Sh1t. Toronto transit is comparable to old kolkatta transit. They recently changes trains after 50 yrs. But I think India lacks in building architecture and city planning. Without that our cities will be a mess. I can see mumbai heading towards that mess. It is a city where metros, highrises, mafias, illegal land holding and buisnesses and slums are existing together and no one is ready to solve problems because of political parties and their gangs.

Delhi is well planned and is doing good as compared to Mumbai.

When I was coming back to Canada last month I took flight from Delhi airport. Honestly it made heathrow look like Sh1t. Toronto transit is comparable to old kolkatta transit. They recently changes trains after 50 yrs. But I think India lacks in building architecture and city planning. Without that our cities will be a mess. I can see mumbai heading towards that mess. It is a city where metros, highrises, mafias, illegal land holding and buisnesses and slums are existing together and no one is ready to solve problems because of political parties and their gangs.

Mate the Detroit international airport is way outside of Detroit, you should see the local airport in Detroit. The only reason Detroit international is doing good right now is because of the Delta Airlines. As for the City, is in a lot of mess, just last month the city came so close to bankruptcy that its not even funny. As for India, what we need right now for the cities are better planning and a better governing system.

thts why i said we have a china killer.. that will kill china cities. if you copy us and have your own china killer, we dont have to put a bom in shanghai you will do it yourself.

Well...depend who control it :lol:, that make different between Shanghai and Mumbai...call it china killer wont make any diffrent: black cat, white cat...the one caught the mices is a good cat.:azn:

I think smaller, kinda 'unknown' cities like Vizag will turn into beasts in 15+ years.

2716789133_b80af28f24_o.jpg

10490229.jpg

Its all about competition. In India it has just begun. China is playing this for last 15 yrs.

Currently 9 cities in India have metros under cons with 10 more all set to go ahead and start cons. The game is on for the best metro system and brts system. Recently modi challenged delhi and claimed best brts.
BRTS: Gujarat succeeds where Delhi fails, says Narendra Modi - Economic Times

Highrises is the new game. Delhi and mumbai have jumped in soon, soon others will too.

All policitcal parties want their cities to have best metro and buildings, this is the new lifeline to get back in power. Mumbai metro started cons and is ready to become operational, happenend like a split second.

Cities will compete for more investment and cons. A good article how this competition can help India grow. thankfully India private industry is now capable to build power plants, metros, highrises, expressways and ports and shipyards. It is getting interesting :smokin:

India's Accidental Economic Formula - Forbes

Master plan always seems inspiring and ambitious to start with, however when you're talking about transforming into a so-called Skyline city, it will take much more than a few big skyline projects, like the advance infrastructures, transportation, public facilities, efficient administration etc.....to go along with it

My hometown Hongkong should be a good example, one of the most modern and successful metropolitan, perhaps it might take Delhi a 100plus yrs to get there with some luck though.

dBkNt.jpg

kWgdH.jpg

K6GxP.jpg

wA4bM.jpg

pNalV.jpg

yPVTc.jpg

TOOKp.jpg

SCwmv.jpg

Also check out the required qualification from the link below, "Good luck Delhi and Indians"
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/hk.html

Back
Top Bottom