What's new

Delhi Master Plan 2021: City's skyline may go the Shanghai way

Master plan always seems inspiring and ambitious to start with, however when you're talking about transforming into a so-called Skyline city, it will take much more than a few big skyline projects, like the advance infrastructures, transportation, public facilities, efficient administration etc.....to go along with it

dBkNt.jpg

kWgdH.jpg

K6GxP.jpg

pNalV.jpg

TOOKp.jpg

SCwmv.jpg

^^^ I love those pictures. :woot:

According to this list, Hong Kong has the most skyscrapers out of any city in the world:

List of cities with most skyscrapers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yup, I wish India focused more on proper urban planning than on just building skyscrapers. However I understand why Mumbai needs to go up.

Right now proper urban planning is no where in sight. It's something that'll come in time I guess.

Master plan always seems inspiring and ambitious to start with, however when you're talking about transforming into a so-called Skyline city, it will take much more than a few big skyline projects, like the advance infrastructures, transportation, public facilities, efficient administration etc.....to go along with it

dBkNt.jpg

kWgdH.jpg

K6GxP.jpg

wA4bM.jpg

pNalV.jpg

yPVTc.jpg

TOOKp.jpg

SCwmv.jpg

This is beautifull broo. But i don't think that it will take Delhi 100 yrs. Maybe 20 yrs max.

Yup, I wish India focused more on proper urban planning than on just building skyscrapers. However I understand why Mumbai needs to go up.

Right now proper urban planning is no where in sight. It's something that'll come in time I guess.

I dont think so, its too late. 800 buildings under cons cant be stopped. Slums cant be demolished. Mumbai will be one weird global city, if it ever becomes one. I have high hoped for delhi, ahmedabad, pune, thiru and Kochi.

what a world class city wants...
1.an impressive glass and steel airport......
Delhi already have a glass and steel airport and will get a 2nd huge terminal will come in 2015 and 3rd will come in 2020
Mumbai will get one by 2014 and another one at navi mumbai in 2016

Mumbai airport(2014)

74829194xc7.jpg

Navi Mumbai airport(2016)

nmia5.jpg

what a world class city wants...
1.an impressive glass and steel airport......
Delhi already have a glass and steel airport and will get a 2nd huge terminal will come in 2015 and 3rd will come in 2020
Mumbai will get one by 2014 and another one at navi mumbai in 2016

Mumbai airport(2014)

74829194xc7.jpg

Navi Mumbai airport(2016)

nmia5.jpg

Lol how about clean roads with proper markings and directions??? :blink:

I think that will be more effective than a glass airport.

Mumbai has the worst infrastructure in Asia, but Indian govt is worried of making glass airports, not cleaner roads and eradication of slums

I would have more pleased if we invested maximum money in power sector ..these will come as side products ..another point to be noted is there is restriction in almost every town for maximum height of the building ..if there is space then city should grow peripherally rather than vertically reaching as much people as possible ..

Mumbai has the worst infrastructure in Asia, but Indian govt is worried of making glass airports, not cleaner roads and eradication of slums

Loll kk sir, atleast we built something unlike Pakistan.

I am sure polaris royale(350m) alone has more concrete than all highrises in lahore and Karachi combined. loll its a beast...

No one cares about what a Pakistani thinks about Indian infrastructure...

This clown comes from a country where even rails dont work....

Mass Rapid Transit

Delhi-Delhi metro
190 km current
190+140 km by 2015
del1.jpg

Mumbai

Mumbai metro

mumbaimetro.png

mumbai monorail
i-mono-rail.jpg

Navi mumbai metro

Navi_mumbai_Metro_01.jpg

karachi and lahore has best infra in Asia ...lol...

That is what Manmohan Singh said in 2004, that in FIVE years (i.e. in 2009) people would forget about Shanghai and talk about Mumbai instead.

2009 came and went without much incident, apart from the Credit Crunch in the previous year.

There is really no point in talking about deadlines, if there is zero political will to achieve them.

Interestingly enough even their PM is delusional.

I am following this thread since I created it. I am amazed by the impression that Indians,Chinese & Pakistani posters are quite brilliant at diverting the topic. When I created the thread,I thought that posters will discuss what is basic thing in news. News clearly says that FSI is going to be increased so that buildings can go vertically up. More FSI,no one is getting that. Why are they increasing FSI,because of lack of land. My knowledge is less on this subject. I thought that I will get updated information on this subject. But now I think Why the hell I started this thread. :hitwall:
No one is claiming here that Delhi will become Shanghai. News only states that we intend to build taller buildings to avoid congestion problem. No one is getting this simple damn point.:cry:

^ You knew it will be troll thread and yet you posted it.Stop posting threads with India in 20XX.....Why not talk about the present,our record in fulfilling promises isn't that good.The cheerleaders are also funny they are worrying about the infrastructure of India....that's like being on a sinking ship and talking $hit about a big messy ship which is still floating :lol:
But does Delhi needs skyscrapers.....how many Delhiites are willing to live in those high rise building.

Back
Top Bottom