What's new

Delhi Gang rape criminals get Death Sentence as award

Wasn't the death penalty supposed to be given only for the "rarest of the rare" cases of extraordinary criminal intent?? With rapes happening every 24 minutes(officially) in India, and many times ending with murder of the unfortunate victim, how does this case fall under the category of rarest of rare?

As for Ajmal Kasab and Afzal Guru, it is indeed applicable. Cases like the 2001 Parliament attack and 2008 Mumbai attack are indeed very rare.

I am not against death penalty to rapists. I would like to see that "rarest of rare" clause removed so that many deserving criminals are awarded the maximum penalty.

Death was given for murder.

Abusing defense council sets a very bad precedence.

The person was doing his job and this sort if cheap behavior is bad for furthering cause of Justice.

Nah he was asked a question "what if that girl was your daughter what you would have asked for the punishment" he replied meri beti samjhdar hai itni late bahar nahi jaati aur khas tor pe to kisi ladke ke saath.

Wasn't the death penalty supposed to be given only for the "rarest of the rare" cases of extraordinary criminal intent?? With rapes happening every 24 minutes(officially) in India, and many times ending with murder of the unfortunate victim, how does this case fall under the category of rarest of rare?

As for Ajmal Kasab and Afzal Guru, it is indeed applicable. Cases like the 2001 Parliament attack and 2008 Mumbai attack are indeed very rare.

I am not against death penalty to rapists. I would like to see that "rarest of rare" clause removed so that many deserving criminals are awarded the maximum penalty.

You are not making any sense.

What would be the suitable punishment should be for scaring a girl mentally and killing her emotionally.

Thats a very subjective thing. Many people who survived other criminal attacks like chain snatching also suffer emotionally.

What would be the suitable punishment should be for scaring a girl mentally and killing her emotionally.

Thats a very subjective thing. Many people who survived other criminal attacks like chain snatching also suffer emotionally.

I hope you are not suggesting that chain snatching and rapes victims have similar emotional trauma? Anyway we can agree to disagree on the punishment, lets leave it at that.

If India hung every rapist, the population of India would be reduced to women...

Justice partially delivered. What about the so called "juvenile"? Such type of psychopaths will surely be repeat offenders (in case he is already not one), why are we putting lives of women at risk by releasing that scoundrel in just three years???

I am not happy. :pissed:

This is at anonymus:

What I meant is that rape and murder are fairly common occurances in India. There exists the clause that the death penalty must be given only for "rarest of the rare" cases. Murder & honour killings are seen as "rarest of the rare" cases.

But shouldn't capital punishment be awarded based on the severity of the crime and not on the nature of it's rarity? My argument is to modify this clause such that crimes of highest severity, irrespective of their "rarity" must be penalized with capital punishment.

Do I make myself clear now?

good for India. I hope this case do not get stuck in appeals hell.

Back
Top Bottom