What's new

Delhi Gang rape criminals get Death Sentence as award

this was rape + cruelty + murder which is why they get death... normal rape did not attract death earlier.. and even after change in law, I dont think judge will give death so easily

12 year jail
Oops my bad,i was answering the post before me.
But either way they should get the death sentence.

this was rape + cruelty + murder which is why they get death... normal rape did not attract death earlier.. and even after change in law, I dont think judge will give death so easily

12 year jail
That's what the current sentencing is, but it ought to be changed. Although there are always chances of amended law being abused but still a far more severe punishment is required.

That's what the current sentencing is, but it ought to be changed. Although there are always chances of amended law being abused but still a far more severe punishment is required.

even after amendment, judge will very rarely give death... death is the maximum punishment after change I think.. not default one.

and india didn't hang people now so forget .

aby kuch aqal ker unheen marna hai balls se koi hang hoa ?

I don't understand what you mean. The reason why death is not given to violation (unlike murder) is a complex one. It has been seen that when you turn it to capital punishment, the tendency of perpetrators to kill the victims rather than let them live and give evidence goes up. In most such cases victims survive with their lives today. That might get reversed. In the delhi case, the death of the girl allowed capital punishment to be applicable.

I was about to saying the same. They don't deserve to live in our society.
I dont want to bash or anything but it was on the news here in the Netherlands.
It seems to me that you have a rape problem in India.
The imigration to the cities without knowing the city culture could be the problem.
Maybe a mandatory course in ''City life''for the newcomers could help.

The imigration to the cities without knowing the city culture could be the problem.

Rate of rape in India is far lower than any Western country. Neither is it increasing.

I don't understand what you mean. The reason why death is not given to violation (unlike murder) is a complex one. It has been seen that when you turn it to capital punishment, the tendency of perpetrators to kill the victims rather than let them live and give evidence goes up. In most such cases victims survive with their lives today. That might get reversed. In the delhi case, the death of the girl allowed capital punishment to be applicable.

my dear bro thousands indians in indian jails waiting for capital punishment . just ignore it

That is not the case. Even I am a villager who is living a city now. Some morons think womens are only for pleasure. That is the problem.

my dear bro thousands indians in indian jails waiting for capital punishment . just ignore it

No, no that's coz the state deliberately went slow on that (humanitarian type thing). These guys are gonna fry for sure.

I am not a fan of taking life for a crime not involving any loss of life.

but,what really matters is that,such brutes dont deserve to be in a civilized socity,& capital punishment is the only cost effective way to remove these anti socials.

Wasn't the death penalty supposed to be given only for the "rarest of the rare" cases of extraordinary criminal intent?? With rapes happening every 24 minutes(officially) in India, and many times ending with murder of the unfortunate victim, how does this case fall under the category of rarest of rare?

As for Ajmal Kasab and Afzal Guru, it is indeed applicable. Cases like the 2001 Parliament attack and 2008 Mumbai attack are indeed very rare.

I am not against death penalty to rapists. I would like to see that "rarest of rare" clause removed so that many deserving criminals are awarded the maximum penalty.

Nah it's already mentioned in the article, death by hanging. and regarding Defense counselor he was abused by every FM radio station, they took him on air and gave him nice thrashing.

Abusing defense council sets a very bad precedence.

The person was doing his job and this sort if cheap behavior is bad for furthering cause of Justice.

No, no that's coz the state deliberately went slow on that (humanitarian type thing). These guys are gonna fry for sure.

No, they probably would not.

No one in India, neither executive nor judiciary want to hang anyone. Kasab and afzal guru were exceptions and Judiciary has stayed hanging of even those prisoners whose mercy plea has been rejected.

And another thing that baffles me is that why haven't the Police released any photos of the juvenile guy? They released the photos of the 4 accused but these guys are not likely to ever come out of jail alive. The juvenile guy is slated to serve only 3 years in jail. Isn't he a threat to the society and hence shouldn't the society be forewarned about him?

I SAY RELEASE HIS FACE TO THE MEDIA. Let him pay the price of his horrific misdeed for the rest of his life!

Back
Top Bottom