What's new

Delhi Court to JNU: No Beef or Pork festivals

The Crapsh!t JNU should be Demolished.

All the NREGAs, FSB, Conversions all come from Jholwala Abduls graduated from Nehrus.

The National Assessment and Accreditation Council gave the university a grade of 3.9 out of 4, the highest grade awarded to any educational institution in the country.[1] The University is ranked second among the public Universities, in India, as published by India Today.[2]

Jawaharlal Nehru University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so much for liberty and freedom in "Secular" India.

If Hindus don't like what you eat, then you don't have a right to eat it.

well.. i hope you understand the viewpoint of the filmamker and the cartoonist now.

stupidity.

Why to stop pork and beef festival. Let these take place whoever wants to eat pork will go for it and who ever wants to eat beef will go for it those who dont want to will move on.
i understand you will support the viewpoint of the filmmaker and the cartoonist now.

India is the greatest hypocrisy to secularism.

and pakistan is the greatest fake islamic country

I eat both Pork and beef.
My grandfather who was in the Army was a hard core non vegetarian but my parents are vegans.

Not proper for a court to interfere with the rights of those who want to consume beef and/or pork in a secular democracy. What next? That women may not wear jeans since it may offend the religious sentiments of some religion or another? This is indeed a joke to Indian secularism and democracy. No need to compare it to Pakistan which declares itself to be an Islamic Republic. It's either that we are secular or we are not. No middle ground

This food fest. was used to held to hurt community feelings, where some idiot people wanted to show them self modern and secular. As you know secular means disrespect hindu, hurt there feelings, all possible things .
I don't know why in India secular means is being anti Hindu .

and people who are jumping on India becz of this news. 1st see in your country..

JNU is good university and 1 of best uni in India. i did not expected this news from JNU.

Not proper for a court to interfere with the rights of those who want to consume beef and/or pork in a secular democracy. What next? That women may not wear jeans since it may offend the religious sentiments of some religion or another? This is indeed a joke to Indian secularism and democracy. No need to compare it to Pakistan which declares itself to be an Islamic Republic. It's either that we are secular or we are not. No middle ground

What does secularism has to do with eating beef or pork. This is the same way as as some Pakistanis call Indian secularism a hoax bcs Muslims are not allowed to eat beef and when asked is eating beef is a requisite of becoming a Muslim, then my comment becomes out of context.

If you are concerned that a dubious student organization was not able to conduct beef festival in JNU, then why stop there. Why don't protest against the GoI blocking malicious photos and website in internet during the Myanmmar/Assam protests, 'Innocence of Muslims' now and the banning of Satanic Verses and Da Vince Code.

I agree that there should be secularism and I have France as my model, but then again how many Indians are ready for French style secularism.

This food fest. was used to held to hurt community feelings, where some idiot people wanted to show them self modern and secular. As you know secular means disrespect hindu, hurt there feelings, all possible things .
I don't know why in India secular means is being anti Hindu .

and people who are jumping on India becz of this news. 1st see in your country..

JNU is good university and 1 of best uni in India. i did not expected this news from JNU.

I am a Hindu. I don't eat beef. In fact, for some reason or another my family doesn't eat red meat at all. And pork as well has never been on the dining table in my family. Now if some Christian wants to consume beef and pork at some festival in my area, how should that affect my sentiment? If some Muslim wants to consume beef during their festival, how does that affect my sentiment? As a Hindu I am told that my karma will be affected if I do not follow the prescripts of my religion. I have never been told that my karma will be affected if I permitted somebody else to live their lifestyle as they deem fit. Unless Hinduism has evolved to a new level in India since I've last been there, I cant see any justification for the court's ruling. It is simply an infringemnt on the rights of those who want to voluntarily take part in the festival. It is unjust, undemocratic and unacceptable to a proclaimed secular state

What do you want then? A possible law and order problem and increase in communalism as a result of this.

yes there can be a law and order problem as long as there are religious nuts from both Hindu and Muslim community.That's why we have police and other authorities to take care of them.

How long will you run away from standing for the right because of this goons.Let people eat what ever they want to eat, no law, false sentiments should stop them, if then do it's simply wrong.
Hindus does not eat beef ?let them have pork, Muslims don't eat it ? let then eat beef..You don't eat both go grab some veggese..simple.

What does secularism has to do with eating beef or pork. This is the same way as as some Pakistanis call Indian secularism a hoax bcs Muslims are not allowed to eat beef and when asked eating beef is a requisite of becoming a Muslim, then my comment becomes out of context.

If you are concerned that a dubious student organization was not able to conduct beef festival in JNU, then why stop there. Why don't protest against the GoI blocking malicious photos and website in internet during the Myanmmar/Assam protests, 'Innocence of Muslims' now and the banning of Satanic Verses and Da Vince Code.

I agree that there should be secularism and I have France as my model, but then again how many Indians are ready for French style secularism.

I fully agree. I never condoned those bannings. In fact I believe that those publications should be accessible in a secular democratic state. If this is indeed "Indian style secularism" then it is not secularism. It is a multi religious governed state and does not meet the requirements of secularism. It is time that India stopped calling a donkey a tiger. Stick to the true description of the State's model

yes there can be a law and order problem as long as there are religious nuts from both Hindu and Muslim community.That's why we have police and other authorities to take care of them.

How long will you run away from standing for the right because of this goons.Let people eat what ever they want to eat, no law, false sentiments should stop them, if then do it's simply wrong.
Hindus does not eat beef ?let them have pork, Muslims don't eat it ? let then eat beef..You don't eat both go grab some veggese..simple.

I support your point..but in a culturally and religiously diverse country like India its easier said than done. Hope some strong dictator comes to power and implements French style secularism but until then there is a limit to our secularism.

Back
Top Bottom