What's new

Delhi’s Aurangzeb Road Renamed After Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam

It's not about removing traces of Aurangzeb, it's merely about the name of a road. This particular emperor brings with him an unpleasant connotation. While I'm personally not a big fan of renaming anything, I can appreciate why people want this name change.
I hope your answer will be same if Pakistan ever decide to replace the old ancient names with Hindu origin to replace them with Islamic/Muslim names

renamed after independence by you-know-who
Who?

Your country ..... your names. You can name something for Osama Bin Laden for example, rename Abbotabad in his name.
By the way there is ashoka road in delhi and we know ashoka was as cruel as aurageb or may be more :D why dont replace it with some confuse muslim name saif ali khan road lol

I hope your answer will be same if Pakistan ever decide to replace the old ancient names with Hindu origin to replace them with Islamic/Muslim names

Absolutely. You would never have seen me commenting about the names of your missiles.From my perspective, it really makes no difference to us. Those are your missiles, much better to have them named after people we dislike anyways. Not like we are going to love them if they are named differently. :rolleyes: Nor do you see me advocating that so & so was a freedom fighter from your part, that you should name something after him......You can celebrate who you want. We prefer Akbar to Aurangzeb, you probably go reverse, to each his own.

By the way there is ashoka road in delhi and we know ashoka was as cruel as aurageb or may be more :D why dont replace it with some confuse muslim name saif ali khan road lol

It is not how he started that interests us, it is how the person ended his legacy. Akbar himself was quite religious minded when he was a young man but over his reign became the ruler that earned him more respect than any other Mughal.

Absolutely. You would never have seen me commenting about the names of your missiles.From my perspective, it really makes no difference to us. Those are your missiles, much better to have them named after people we dislike anyways. Not like we are going to love them if they are named differently. :rolleyes: Nor do you see me advocating that so & so was a freedom fighter from your part, that you should name something after him......You can celebrate who you want. We prefer Akbar to Aurangzeb, you probably go reverse, to each his own.
But i did see objection from Indians ..same people who are advocating name changing here will oppose it if it will come from Pakistan..they will say we confuse, identity crisis, mullah rule , arab etc etc etc

It is not how he started that interests us, it is how the person ended his legacy. Akbar himself was quite religious minded when he was a young man but over his reign became the ruler that earned him more respect than any other Mughal.
Do you think Ashoka was better than Aurangzeb?

But i did see objection from Indians ..same people who are advocating name changing here will oppose it if it will come from Pakistan..they will say we confuse, identity crisis, mullah rule , arab etc etc etc

...and will you care? Likewise here....

Next the Indians will rename Taj Mahal as Teju Mehal

Your country, your business.... name it whatever you want to.

Next the Indians will rename Taj Mahal as Teju Mehal
We'll name it whatever want to, how is it your business.

what is your problem, no one is changing the history, we don't have to take permission from rest of the world to name a road in India.

Aurangzeb is good or bad is part of your history. You cannot wipe history like that

Wow, Drink some coffee friend, you do not change history by renaming roads and landmarks...

Your country, your business.... name it whatever you want to.

We'll name it whatever want to, how is it your business.

what is your problem, no one is changing the history, we don't have to take permission from rest of the world to name a road in India.

Wow, Drink some coffee friend, you do not change history by renaming roads and landmarks...

It's our business because Pakistan is the successor state of the Mughal empire.

It is pathetic that you name your missiles after people who raped, pillaged and massacred your own ancestors. In fact 100% of today's Pakistanis had ancestors who were killed or raped by those central asian armies.

But Pakistanis name their hardware after the people who raped and pillaged and tortured and murdered their ancestors. How pathetic should one be, to worship the very people who did all that to you?

And why do you think it is a good idea to talk like this, on a PAKISTANI forum?

Or even on any forum?

Back
Top Bottom