What's new

Degradation of Moral and Human Values in Pakistan: Case of Murree Tragedy and Some Glittering Examples!

imadul

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
According to reports hotel and lodging owners fully availed the calamity as an opportunity to make profits.
Hotels charged up to 50000 PKR for hotel room and double price for food.
This is a country so many thump their chest as Ashiqan-e-Rasul. But look at their conduct and character towards the Teachings of the Messenger.

"You cannot be a Muslim if you dont want for others what you like for yourself."

There were some good stories too. Local residents offered shelter to the stranded families. So everyone is not dead of heart.

According to reports hotel and lodging owners fully availed the calamity as an opportunity to make profits.
This is a country so many thump their chest as Ashiqan-e-Rasul. But look at their conduct and character towards the Teachings of the Messenger.

"You cannot be a Muslim if you dont want for others what you like for yourself."

There were some good stories too. Local residents offered shelter to the stranded families. So everyone is not dead of heart.

If there were locals who helped, then isn't your title a bit too strong. It seems the morals of Pakistani society are very much intact.
Its the businessmen who need to look at their morals, not the Pakistani citizens.

If there were locals who helped, then isn't your title a bit too strong. It seems the morals of Pakistani society are very much intact.
Its the businessmen who need to look at their morals, not the Pakistani citizens.
Nations are known by active segments of the society, traders, laborers, rulers, religious scholars, police, judiciary, police, etc. They define a society. General Degradation of our society is well known.

But I had indicated people of Muree helped.

"There were some good stories too. Local residents offered shelter to the stranded families. So everyone is not dead of heart."

Nations are known by active segments of the society, traders, laborers, rulers, religious scholars, police, judiciary, police, etc. They define a society. General Degradation of our society is well known.

But I had indicated people of Muree helped.

"There were some good stories too. Local residents offered shelter to the stranded families. So everyone is not dead of heart."

But It is unfair to tarnish the entire nation by the actions of a single segment, you are being unfair.
Many people will only read the title, and perhaps first few lines of the article, and go away with a wrong impression.

There are horror stories from my friends and family who have had TERRIBLE time at Murree, we as a family had made it a point to avoid Murree at any cost, I wouldn't be surprised if business owners there took advantage of this situation as well, Allah poochay ga aisay sab logon ku regardless of their location

Hotel rooms are not a basic necessity, free economy dictates when thousands of idiots turn up without prior booking and the demand is many folds compared to supply, the prices would go up. Stupid should hurt. Hopefully, this would teach a lesson to everyone. History is evident that Pakistanis have NEVER been good planners, they do everything on an Adhoc basis and then they cry like bitches.

Last edited:
As usual, Army came to the rescue - 12 Inf Div.

This is your problem below:

Rawalpindi and Islamabad administrations were in deep slumber till Saturday morning. They only woke up when the affected people, desperate for help, uploaded their videos on the social media.

The Commissioner Rawalpindi Division, Syed Gulzar Hussain Shah, along with DC Muhammad Ali and others officials, reached Murree to rescue those trapped around mid-day. The Toll Plaza management only minted money and did not stop the public from entering Murree.

The official-ministerial juggernaut of the twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad was unaware of the Met Office warning for Murree, Galiyat and Nathiagali. They remained clueless as vehicles in waves dashed towards Murree on Thursday and Friday.

Welcome to a Capitalistic society, basic law of supply and demand. Prior booking would have saved alot of hassle and I am NOT taking any blame away from the administration but some common sense and personal precautions would have gone a long way in averting this disaster.

Sadly in Pakistan the religion is not Islam but lies
God is not Allah but money

Don't hate me but my 7 plus years of residing in Pakistan taught me this. Yet I also met some great people who truly fear Allah.

Why bring Islam into everything.
The fact is even if the hotels opened their rooms for free, thousands would still be stranded on the roads trapped in their snow-covered cars and died due to inhaling carbon monoxide.

It's everybody's fault but the idiots. Pakistan is the only country in the world that pays compensation to the idiots who die because of their stupidity while breaking the law.

Sadly in Pakistan the religion is not Islam but lies
God is not Allah but money

Don't hate me but my 7 plus years of residing in Pakistan taught me this. Yet I also met some great people who truly fear Allah.

Why bring Islam into everything.
The fact is even if the hotels opened their rooms for free, thousands would still be stranded on the roads trapped in their snow-covered cars and died due to inhaling carbon monoxide.

It's everybody's fault but the idiots. Pakistan is the only country in the world that pays compensation to the idiots who die because of their stupidity while breaking the law.
Clearly you don't know Pakistan else you would NOT say why bring Islam into it .

My friend go live there and see why. Then you will understand

Have lived all my life there, have lost all hope that Pakistanis will ever get better. I have seen people pretending to be Muslims, I have seen people praying but honestly, I have not seen Islam in Pakistan. It's the name that sells and everyone tries to encash it.

Clearly you don't know Pakistan else you would NOT say why bring Islam into it .

My friend go live there and see why. Then you will understand

Have lived all my life there, have lost all hope that Pakistanis will ever get better. I have seen people pretending to be Muslims, I have seen people praying but honestly, I have not seen Islam in Pakistan. It's the name that sells and everyone tries to encash it.
Brother I agree with you 100%.
I have stopped listening to all molvis.
I just don't best. I pray and earn an honest living. Pay my dues and mind my own business.

There is little or no Islam in Pakistan. All pretenders

As usual, Army came to the rescue - 12 Inf Div.

This is your problem below:

Rawalpindi and Islamabad administrations were in deep slumber till Saturday morning. They only woke up when the affected people, desperate for help, uploaded their videos on the social media.

The Commissioner Rawalpindi Division, Syed Gulzar Hussain Shah, along with DC Muhammad Ali and others officials, reached Murree to rescue those trapped around mid-day. The Toll Plaza management only minted money and did not stop the public from entering Murree.

The official-ministerial juggernaut of the twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad was unaware of the Met Office warning for Murree, Galiyat and Nathiagali. They remained clueless as vehicles in waves dashed towards Murree on Thursday and Friday.
We never had good governance in pakistan that is why so many charity org, from Edhi, Chippa, akhuwwat, alkhidmat, and so many.
So much help comes from people. Karachi is the largest philanthropic city is pakistan.
Govt mismanagement is legendary but murree I have heard is notoriously a place with greedy people.
Forget muslim, as a human, one should not take advantage of a calamity. This is not supply and demand but sheer greed.

Mahatma Gandhi Once said: ‘the true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members’.

Well, there you have it, now you know what kind of society we are.

Back
Top Bottom