What's new

Defexpo - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scorpene submarine

290320121041.jpg

you can add nuclear reactor to this sub

290320121042.jpg

No, that's the modul for the MESMA AIP propulsion that they offer for Scorpene.

Alenia, Airbus Military brace for India transport duel

India could issue a request for proposals (RFP) this year in regard to a 56-aircraft acquisition to replace the Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL)-built HS 748s operated by the Indian air force, with both Airbus Military C-295 and Alenia Aermacchi C-27J likely contenders for the requirement.

Very interesting on the one side, because the C27J offers commonality to C130J, while the C295 is a possible contender for IN's MPA and possibly even for the shore based AWACS requirement, with the Israeli Phalcon radar:

C295_MPA_VP-1_Chile-600x400.jpg

C-295%252BAEW%252B3.jpg

Not to mention that it would be a good addition to ICGs MPA requirement as well, like the smaller 235 version:

coastguardcn235.jpg

The only sad thing about it is, that NALs RTA 70 then seems to have no chance anymore to be fielded into our forces.

Dear Harpoon > I totally agree with you. But just look at the area of operation of UK, Australia and Israel, and others who use bullpops as their primary weapon. Their armies are more like special forces. Ours one is a diverse one ranging from vast deserts to high mountains. We need guns with long range and hence with a long barrel. Again this is just my impression and i may be wrong. Again you rightly said that we can better go with Tavors otherwise if we wait for DRDO then they will take two more decades two make one.

IDF operates from Negev Desert to Golan Heights and British Army's battles are fought away from their motherland like in the deserts of Iraq and the mountains of AF.

My personal opinion is that we should go for Tavor and mass produce it in IOFs in India. As for DRDO, they can't even get a basic rifle like INSAS right (I still can't get over the 'orange' part), so to expect them to come out with something like Tavor is a pipe dream. Iam not dissing Indian talent, but I have very less faith in Govt PSUs. Hope the Govt gives green light to pvt players to enter defense fields.

IDF operates from Negev Desert to Golan Heights and British Army's battles are fought away from their motherland like in the deserts of Iraq and the mountains of AF.

My personal opinion is that we should go for Tavor and mass produce it in IOFs in India. As for DRDO, they can't even get a basic rifle like INSAS right (I still can't get over the 'orange' part), so to expect them to come out with something like Tavor is a pipe dream. Iam not dissing Indian talent, but I have very less faith in Govt PSUs. Hope the Govt gives green light to pvt players to enter defense fields.

The last time i saw IDF fighting like that is in Arab-Israeli 6 day war. UK forces in Argentina war. All i see them now is searching houses in Palestine,Iraq and Afganistan and shooting in a close combat war.
We want guns for Kargil or Battle of longewala like situations. Anyways anything is better than those old FURNITURES called INSAS. Insas sucks !!!

The last time i saw IDF fighting like that is in Arab-Israeli 6 day war. UK forces in Argentina war. All i see them now is searching houses in Palestine,Iraq and Afganistan and shooting in a close combat war.
We want guns for Kargil or Battle of longewala like situations. Anyways anything is better than those old FURNITURES called INSAS. Insas sucks !!!

UK was the 2nd biggest participant of the alliance that invaded Iraq & AF. Also armies always induct equipments based on their needs and their scope of operation. So I believe Tavor was inducted to IDF taking into account the extremes of Negev Desert & Golan Heights.

As for the second part you realize that the whole Assault Rifle was a concept introduced by Germans in WW2, when they realized that most of the firefight occurs b/n 300 to 400 feet where there is no need for long range rifles like Mauser. So if Tavor can do the job in Kargil and in other areas, why go for anything else.

Guys have you seen the track version of Tata FICV ??? Just like wheeled version there's model of track version also...you can see it in IBN video

Guys have you seen the track version of Tata FICV ??? Just like wheeled version there's model of track version also...you can see it in IBN video

Do you have the link to the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom