What's new

Defexpo - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah its t72

defexpo-2012.jpg

142142716.jpg

British soldier Sergeant Nick Lloyd of the Royal Artillery poses with a lightweight multiple launcher (LML) at the UK Defence pavilion at the DEFEXPO 2012

142142326.jpg

Foreign visitor checks a defence equipment at the Defexpo 2012 at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi

142142343.jpg

A foreign delegate explains features of latest weapons at the Defexpo 2012

142142335.jpg

Defence Minister AK Antony admires a Defence equipment after inaugurating Defexpo 2012

142142331.jpg

Defence Minister AK Antony admires a Defence equipment after inaugurating Defexpo 2012

142072184.jpg

Defence Minister A.K. Antony looks at the Model of Upgraded Schilka Air Defence Weapon System after the inauguration ceremony of Defexpo 2012 at Pragati Maidan on March 29, 2012

142072183.jpg

Defence Minister A.K. Antony views a display of defence equipment after the inauguration ceremony of Defexpo 2012 at Pragati Maidan on March 29, 2012

142072179.jpg

Visitors look at the defence equipment on display at the Defexpo 2012

Super Stallion which was launched during Defexpo 2012

1333110954.jpg

super_stallion_hmv_19045.jpg

d4fb6f73-e47e-42c0-82cd-4a646207cd01.jpg

5553715c-10fa-409b-9590-8c0bfe2ef765.jpg

9b0128ea-438a-4f3a-97b9-cb09e8058563.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------

Why the hell are we purchasing expensive and low service product (Tatra) ???

Rebublic%20Day,%20India%20Prahaar%20missile.jpg

When we have a better, cheaper and indigenous solution...

909138d1333088058t-details-about-tata-motors-range-defence-vehicles-missile-launcher-12x12.jpg

Hey guys here's a news for everyone ....

Remember the multi caliber assault rifle competition ?? According to Czech Defence Minister, only three companies are suitable and who are participating. They are :

1) Uherský company : CZ 805 BREN

cz_805.jpg

2) Beretta : ARX-160

beretta_arx_160_by_jtbentley.png

3) IWI : Tar 21

product-30363104-big.jpg

--------------------------------------------

I don't know what happened to other companies especially HnK ??? I was rooting for G36 and FNSCAR ...

hk_g36_l1.jpg

picture.php

?eské ?ance v Indii: modernizace a generální opravy tank? a vrtulník? milionové armády | Ministerstvo obrany

india should buy technology of tar- 21 and produce it....
BTW it is best for india to develop it's own but drdo can't do this rather than dreaming...
i was expected that in this defexpo they will show new rifle....i think it is still under development..

Guys ... forget about these fighters, submarines, trucks and tanks ... I want to see first a decent standard rifle, LMG and MMG in hands of every Indian soldier. I Don't expect this from DRDO. Still waiting for that day :undecided:

Guys ... forget about these fighters, submarines, trucks and tanks ... I want to see first a decent standard rifle, LMG and MMG in hands of every Indian soldier. I Don't expect this from DRDO. Still waiting for that day :undecided:

Just buy Tavor lock stock and barrel and make it in India. I think its much more cheaper than trying to 'reinvent the wheel'.

^^^^ As per my impression goes ... Tavor is a bit like special forces stuff, for close quarter combats because of small barrel length and bullop design. We should equip all our SF and ghatak battalions (which we are already doing). I am talking about infantry and don't think Tavor will be a good one. Also i think its bit costlier to be mass produced.

^^^^ As per my impression goes ... Tavor is a bit like special forces stuff, for close quarter combats because of small barrel length and bullop design. We should equip all our SF and ghatak battalions (which we are already doing). I am talking about infantry and don't think Tavor will be a good one. Also i think its bit costlier to be mass produced.

Well Iam not a gun expert, but if British Army can operate with SA80/L85, why can't IA operate Tavor. As for bullpop design, Australian & Austrain army's standard rifle is the Steyr Aug which is a bullpop design and according to wikipedia they have less effective range than Tavor. As for cost, the relative high price tag of tavor will compensate for the cost of the development of a new rifle and the delay .

Actually by nature the barrel length of the Tavor is LONGER than that on most assault rifles such as the M-16/M-4 as such the Tavor is a much more accurate weapon but is in a more compact form as all the working parts are housed at the back of the rifle.

The Tavor can be issues as a standard assault rifle to infantry (IDF is doing this) as it is ideal in both CQB and typical infantry roles.

However for regular infantry I would love to see FN-SCAR.

Dear Harpoon > I totally agree with you. But just look at the area of operation of UK, Australia and Israel, and others who use bullpops as their primary weapon. Their armies are more like special forces. Ours one is a diverse one ranging from vast deserts to high mountains. We need guns with long range and hence with a long barrel. Again this is just my impression and i may be wrong. Again you rightly said that we can better go with Tavors otherwise if we wait for DRDO then they will take two more decades two make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom