What's new

Defense Minister Has No Objection to U.S. Interceptor Missiles

Are there even any Korean members in PDF? I'd like to actually hear their point of view. I mean, so far I've only read the Japanese and Chinese points of views.

Are there even any Korean members in PDF? I'd like to actually hear their point of view. I mean, so far I've only read the Japanese and Chinese points of views.
My future wife is Korean. I can attest to that. Can I? LOL

@sEoulman556
There are a few but they are not active members.

Also love Koreans.
flagpinssouthkoreaturke.jpg

%EC%9B%94%EB%93%9C%EC%BB%B5+%ED%84%B0%ED%82%A4%EC%95%A4%EB%93%9C+%ED%95%9C%EA%B5%AD.jpg

@sEoulman556
There are a few but they are not active members.

Also love Koreans.
flagpinssouthkoreaturke.jpg

%EC%9B%94%EB%93%9C%EC%BB%B5+%ED%84%B0%ED%82%A4%EC%95%A4%EB%93%9C+%ED%95%9C%EA%B5%AD.jpg

I'd actually Love to get to talk to some Koreans here. Its good to have a wider variety of points of views. ^^

My future wife is Korean. I can attest to that. Can I? LOL

OT: I bet you laugh a lot eh, considering the LOL's in your posts. lol. On a serious note, yea, I do wish we had more Korean posters. And lastly, getting married? No man! Don't do that, enjoy your bachelorhood.

LOL. :lol::nana:

OT: I bet you laugh a lot eh, considering the LOL's in your posts. lol. On a serious note, yea, I do wish we had more Korean posters. And lastly, getting married? No man! Don't do that, enjoy your bachelorhood.

LOL. :lol::nana:
I am always happy and laughing. It is why she loves me. LOL Seriously we haven't decide when but soon.

Defense Minister Kim Kwan-jin on Wednesday said he has no objection to the deployment of U.S. interceptor missiles on Korean soil but no intention of buying them for the Korean army either.

The U.S. hopes to station Terminal High Altitude Area Defense or THAAD missiles here that are part of its missile defense system in Asia, which is chiefly aimed at keeping China in check.

The THAAD is capable of intercepting missiles at an altitude of 40 to 150 km. It costs about W2 trillion (US$1=W1,023) to deploy one THAAD battery with 48 interceptor missiles. Two to four such batteries would be needed for the defense of major parts of the Korean Peninsula, according to experts.

Kim was replying to a question from New Politics Alliance for Democracy lawmaker Kim Sung-gon in the National Assembly. He said he does not object to the THAAD's deployment if the USFK deploys it with American money, because it has "an advantage."

The Chosun Ilbo (English Edition): Daily News from Korea - Defense Minister Has No Objection to U.S. Interceptor Missiles

Translated - Why would Korea spend its resources to contain China when its real enemy is Japan !

I'm always wondering a possibility that whether china can help SK to destroy the NK regime to reunify the Korea peninsula, the pre-condition is US out of Korea peninsula. but i think SK don't want unification, not now at least.
When U.S.A leave Korea Peninsula, i think BeiJing also will change to positive attitude. They r all Korean, both can get China support.

I am always happy and laughing. It is why she loves me. LOL Seriously we haven't decide when but soon.
Congratulations to u, buddy. :enjoy:

When U.S.A leave Korea Peninsula, i think BeiJing also will change to positive attitude. They r all Korean, both can get China support.
Yes, but if SK and NK reunified now, what SK get is nothing but millions of starving people waiting to be feed, which will be a nightmare for SK. China should build infrastructure in NK, hope the lunatic Kim III will realize that China is tired of his childish attention seeking, his regime has no future but economic reform to integrated into international community, It's the only way he can still keep his life after reunification.
However, the young south koreans are becoming less interested in unification day by day, many young south koreans would be ashamed to call the north koreans brother.

Last edited:
Yes, but if SK and NK reunified now, what SK get is nothing but millions of starving people waiting to be feed, which will be a nightmare for SK. China should build infrastructure in NK, hope the lunatic Kim III realize that China is tired of his childish attention seeking, his regime has no future but economic reform to integrated into international community, It's the only way he can still keep his life after reunification.
However, the young south koreans are becoming less interested in unification day by day, many young south koreans would be ashamed to call the north koreans brother.
Kim III and his family will live in China, like his older brother in China Macao.

He he he. You are only fooling yourself.

Perceptions of South Korea
Negative ratings of South Korea in Japan have never been so high since they began to rate the country.

2014 Globescan World opinion poll released

See there's a difference with perception of being an enemy and actually being an enemy. Japan has no interests in taking over South Korea. :coffee:

@Sinan
Hey kardes, I apologize for not responding to your posts. I lost track of the time with some family stuff thats been happening recently and doing overtime at work. I will make detailed explanations in the next couple of days. I just need to find time to be actually awake and sitting in front of my computer. :P Btw, have you been playing any video games recently? I'm addicted to Payday 2. Currently, I'm level 84. :D

@Nihonjin1051

There is nothing to discuss. Seoul has been very direct in expressing its views of Tokyo's lack of contrition for the colonization era and WW 2. We know Tokyo wants better relations for the sole purpose of Korean help with Japan's problems but evades Seoul's questions of seriously addressing Japan's crimes against my people.

We have important reforms planned for our economy and military thats due to occur progressively in the next couple decades so we won't be putting that much of an emphasis in overall South Korea-Japan relations. In the meantime, don’t expect to see summits between our countries or a decrease in Seoul’s objections with Tokyo’s Yakushini visits. Until Tokyo concretely puts the matter to rest with real actions even if its over the objections of its right-wingers, they shouldn't expect anything meaningful to come from Seoul.

@Sinan
Hey kardes, I apologize for not responding to your posts. I lost track of the time with some family stuff thats been happening recently and doing overtime at work. I will make detailed explanations in the next couple of days. I just need to find time to be actually awake and sitting in front of my computer. :P Btw, have you been playing any video games recently? I'm addicted to Payday 2. Currently, I'm level 84. :D

Don't apologize bro. :) And welcome back. :)

I used to play Payday 2 too...i kind of.. droped playing video games....:p:

Don't apologize bro. :) And welcome back. :)

I used to play Payday 2 too...i kind of.. droped playing video games....:p:

OT: I have never heard of pay day 2, is that some kind of rts? When i did play video games, it was usually the Total War Series, or Age of Empires series. But its been such a long time for me.

@Sinan

@Nihonjin1051

There is nothing to discuss. Seoul has been very direct in expressing its views of Tokyo's lack of contrition for the colonization era and WW 2. We know Tokyo wants better relations for the sole purpose of Korean help with Japan's problems but evades Seoul's questions of seriously addressing Japan's crimes against my people.

We have important reforms planned for our economy and military thats due to occur progressively in the next couple decades so we won't be putting that much of an emphasis in overall South Korea-Japan relations. In the meantime, don’t expect to see summits between our countries or a decrease in Seoul’s objections with Tokyo’s Yakushini visits. Until Tokyo concretely puts the matter to rest with real actions even if its over the objections of its right-wingers, they shouldn't expect anything meaningful to come from Seoul.

@sEoulman556 ,

Glad to see you in the forum, my friend. That said, thank you for voicing your point on the current situation between Japan and Korea. I do remain optimistic the ties will normalize.

Arigadou gozaimasu
Kam sa hamnida

Back
Top Bottom