What's new

Defence talks with Saudi Arabia begin

Dazzler

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I wonder whats cooking...;)

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan and Saudi Arabia started on Monday talks on bilateral defence cooperation under what is often described by the Pakistani leadership as ‘New Era of Strategic Partnership’ between the two countries.

The two countries had agreed on reinvigorating their defence relationship during Saudi Foreign Minister Saud al Faisal’s visit to Islamabad earlier this month. However, it was left to the defence experts to work out the details.

Saudi Deputy Defence Minister Prince Suleman bin Sultan bin Abdul Aziz, who was in Islamabad for follow-up meetings, opened talks with the military authorities at the General Headquarters on Monday.

In a departure from the protocol, the deputy defence minister was given a guard of honour on arrival at the GHQ. He met Army Chief Gen Raheel Sharif before the start of the delegation-level talks.

The two sides have not disclosed the areas in which they are intending to enhance their cooperation, but sources say Riyadh is interested in procuring military hardware produced in Pakistan and training.

Warming of Pak-Saudi ties, after six years of unease due to political reasons, has been driven by developments on the international scene following which Riyadh looks to be needing Islamabad’s support.

The visiting Saudi minister opened the talks by praising “Pak Army’s professionalism and combat efficiency” and paying tribute to the “bravery and sacrifices” of Pakistani troops in the war on terrorism.

Prince Suleman also paid a courtesy call on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

Mr Sharif, speaking on this occasion, called for starting the new phase of intensified ties.

“In view of current challenges, there is a need to further strengthen defence cooperation between the two countries and a new era of strategic relationship needs to start in order to further broaden and deepen the existing cordial bilateral relations”, Mr Sharif was quoted by his office as having said.

The two leaders discussed the regional situation and about how they could coordinate their positions and support each other.

Source: http://www.dawn.com/...di-arabia-begin

In coming years the relationship between our two countries ( i.e. KSA and Pakistan ) will definitely reach a Strategic Level. These two countries have proven time and again that in tough times they can count on each others support. Pakistan and KSA have always watched each others back over last five decades. I predict that as the new realities dawn, these two brotherly countries will become closer by the day.

In coming years the relationship between our two countries ( i.e. KSA and Pakistan ) will definitely reach a Strategic Level. These two countries have proven time and again that in tough times they can count on each others support. Pakistan and KSA have always watched each others back over last five decades. I predict that as the new realities dawn, these two brotherly countries will become closer by the day.

we got nothing worth offering to KSA. they got top of the line hardware.. they got in-house weapons development projects, they got impressive weaponry and very well trained and funded military as well. KSA has access to much better trained and knowledgeable expert workforce and Pakistan doesnt have anything special to offer which KSA cant buy from the rest of the world.

nuclear proliferation is out of question so nothing much is left other than getting some promise from Pakistan that it would sit quietly when Iran is attacked.

the only benefit I see is one sided and that to Pakistan in terms of some concessions and funding. nothing for KSA which . what are we not doing already? military cooperation is already there in place.

we got nothing worth offering to KSA. they got top of the line hardware.. they got in-house weapons development projects, they got impressive weaponry and very well trained and funded military as well. KSA has access to much better trained and knowledgeable expert workforce and Pakistan doesnt have anything special to offer which KSA cant buy from the rest of the world.

nuclear proliferation is out of question so nothing much is left other than getting some promise from Pakistan that it would sit quietly when Iran is attacked.

the only benefit I see is one sided and that to Pakistan in terms of some concessions and funding. nothing for KSA which . what are we not doing already? military cooperation is already there in place.
well we can provide them with and Submarine training and they can help us is getting some military hardware

No country is our thekedar, and they wont go for Agostas. They got bigger fish in line. Brother brother har aga nahin thusa karo.
Man I am telling about Submarine training basic training is same and Mr lot of your programs are being secretly funded by Saudi Arabia even right now too

Man I am telling about Submarine training basic training is same and Mr lot of your programs are being secretly funded by Saudi Arabia even right now too

You know secret programs? Not so secret are they? KSA has better options and they should go for them. Cut this Ummah crap.

1538882_678280068881975_623653766_n.jpg

1620845_678280148881967_2032164423_n.jpg

1554599_678280165548632_146173837_n.jpg

1538710_678280168881965_1544333447_n.jpg

1011192_678280065548642_2032634815_n.jpg

8597_678280062215309_1257403814_n.jpg

You know secret programs? Not so secret are they? KSA has better options and they should go for them. Cut this Ummah crap.
May be I have my sources

and even secrets programs are know to some one nothing secret is complete secret Mr

May be I have my sources

and even secrets programs are know to some one nothing secret is complete secret Mr

Maybe you do, but i doubt it. Both countries work on mutual defense partnerships but not what your wild and baseless imagination cooks up. Saudis dont help us because of brotherhood. They want something from us and we have that. Hence the money.

Maybe you do, but i doubt it. Both countries work on mutual defense partnerships but not what your wild and baseless imagination cooks up. Saudis dont help us because of brotherhood. They want something from us and we have that. Hence the money.
Mr the kind of help they have given to you and what you have to offer them in return is nothing so it is mostly because of brotherhood if you don't want to accept it your choice because if real details of their help come out and if compared to what we have given in return than our so called help is nothing but a joke

Mr the kind of help they have given to you and what you have to offer them in return is nothing so it is mostly because of brotherhood if you don't want to accept it your choice because if real details of their help come out and if compared to what we have given in return than our so called help is nothing but a joke

Our hardwork our gains, you cant throw money and expect nukes? Nonsense. They have helped us with deferred money on oil payments, nothing was free. So where is your brotherhood? Itna shauq hai na to jao is mulk se.

I wonder whats cooking...;)

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan and Saudi Arabia started on Monday talks on bilateral defence cooperation under what is often described by the Pakistani leadership as ‘New Era of Strategic Partnership’ between the two countries.

The two countries had agreed on reinvigorating their defence relationship during Saudi Foreign Minister Saud al Faisal’s visit to Islamabad earlier this month. However, it was left to the defence experts to work out the details.

Saudi Deputy Defence Minister Prince Suleman bin Sultan bin Abdul Aziz, who was in Islamabad for follow-up meetings, opened talks with the military authorities at the General Headquarters on Monday.

In a departure from the protocol, the deputy defence minister was given a guard of honour on arrival at the GHQ. He met Army Chief Gen Raheel Sharif before the start of the delegation-level talks.

The two sides have not disclosed the areas in which they are intending to enhance their cooperation, but sources say Riyadh is interested in procuring military hardware produced in Pakistan and training.

Warming of Pak-Saudi ties, after six years of unease due to political reasons, has been driven by developments on the international scene following which Riyadh looks to be needing Islamabad’s support.

The visiting Saudi minister opened the talks by praising “Pak Army’s professionalism and combat efficiency” and paying tribute to the “bravery and sacrifices” of Pakistani troops in the war on terrorism.

Prince Suleman also paid a courtesy call on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

Mr Sharif, speaking on this occasion, called for starting the new phase of intensified ties.

“In view of current challenges, there is a need to further strengthen defence cooperation between the two countries and a new era of strategic relationship needs to start in order to further broaden and deepen the existing cordial bilateral relations”, Mr Sharif was quoted by his office as having said.

The two leaders discussed the regional situation and about how they could coordinate their positions and support each other.

Source: http://www.dawn.com/...di-arabia-begin

There are reports of Saudi Crown Prince and Interior Minister visits to Pakistan in the month of Feb 2014 ..... number of visits of KSA officials one after one ....

05_01.gif

seo_Whats%20_up.gif

Indeed much of our nuclear program too.
we got a third tier coastal Navy, not sure how much Submarine help we can provide them which they cant get from UK, USA , Germany and France.. but you do have a point. if KSA decides to commission a submarine fleet then we can provide basic training.

please for once dont kid yourself..we must dispel our misconception about KSA that they lack in brain power or ability to learn and understand without our help. the time is coming when we will be going to learn in their institutions..

we are completely barred from latest technology from the west so our knowledge is now vintage. while we are blowing up schools and killing polio teams, their universities are pumping out scholars, doctors and scientists.

Back
Top Bottom