What's new

Defence related research projects completed by NUST

ISLAMABAD: Aerial view of the National University of Science & Technology (NUST)

11150499_863364563749434_7219500349571857889_n.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Aerial view of the National University of Science & Technology (NUST)

View attachment 219782

The picture doesnt show my department SMME!

Being a student of NUST for the last 2 years i have come to realize how sloppy our universities are. to an outsider, the infrastructure of NUST gives the impression of an excellent university with extremely high standards of education. Unfortunately, this isnt really the case. Our administration doesnt really believe in research and development. the only projects that are going on are perhaps because of the efforts of other institutions of Pakistan like the HEC or the military to spring some R&D. All these people believe is building better buildings and not on the development of students. I personally think that in the past 2 years my ability to think has substantially reduced.

Are you serving PN now ?
Yes

Being a student of NUST for the last 2 years i have come to realize how sloppy our universities are. to an outsider, the infrastructure of NUST gives the impression of an excellent university with extremely high standards of education. Unfortunately, this isnt really the case. Our administration doesnt really believe in research and development. the only projects that are going on are perhaps because of the efforts of other institutions of Pakistan like the HEC or the military to spring some R&D. All these people believe is building better buildings and not on the development of students. I personally think that in the past 2 years my ability to think has substantially reduced.
My FYP was research based. They ask for implementation of that research which makes it little tricky, but we managed to do it also

I would suggest you become Pro-Active and start projects that interest you.

If you can create a viable plan, acquiring money is not impossible. Difficult - yes , but not impossible.

It is not just NUST, money is tight all over as Govt. has pulled back on Financial support of most educational institutes.

Develop a viable project that will have a commercial use and we can get funding from Private Sector.

As for the comment about Nust limiting your thinking capacity, I totally disagree with that attitude. It is your own responsibility to develop yourself. Universities can help you develop but they won't think for you. Most SMME students waste more time in chasing girls at C1 and C2 , than doing anything productive in their College. Nust has given you a good environment so now it is up to you to get off your fat duff and DO SOMETHING....:angry:...:P

NUST is great educational institute!

I would agree with that assessment. However, much needs to be done to improve further.

I'm a Nustian ;) Lets see what's i am gonna be up to in FYP

Hi there, i too am studying in NUST (SMME). And just like you i'm about to chose my FYP. Hope it works out well :D

Which year and college are you from?

As for the comment about Nust limiting your thinking capacity, I totally disagree with that attitude. It is your own responsibility to develop yourself. Universities can help you develop but they won't think for you.

thing is that NUST focuses on classroom engineering. Yes theoretical knowledge is extremely important. but if theory is all that is taught and that too by crappy teachers one cant really become a good engineer. You see majority of our students focus on scoring gpa because of the classroom engineering approach, if that is your motivation, then learning is limited and scoring grades whatsoever be the method becomes the goal. that bogs your mind down. I have been on both extremes, studying for grades and striving to become a good engineer; that can only happen by practical implementation of theoretical knowledge, however, with no or little percentage of practical projects in overall grading policy hurts me and my gpa.

P.S. we dont have a lot of good teachers left in mechanical department, focus is slowly shifting towards mechatronix which leaves us only dreaming for excellent teachers

This one is for all Nustians, especially @mourning_sage :

Here.
btw these robots arent designed or fabricated in house. They are only programmed. that is another reason why i think education policy of NUST is seriously flawed

Back
Top Bottom