What's new

Defence related research projects completed by NUST

thing is that NUST focuses on classroom engineering. Yes theoretical knowledge is extremely important. but if theory is all that is taught and that too by crappy teachers one cant really become a good engineer. You see majority of our students focus on scoring gpa because of the classroom engineering approach, if that is your motivation, then learning is limited and scoring grades whatsoever be the method becomes the goal. that bogs your mind down. I have been on both extremes, studying for grades and striving to become a good engineer; that can only happen by practical implementation of theoretical knowledge, however, with no or little percentage of practical projects in overall grading policy hurts me and my gpa.

P.S. we dont have a lot of good teachers left in mechanical department, focus is slowly shifting towards mechatronix which leaves us only dreaming for excellent teachers

btw these robots arent designed or fabricated in house. They are only programmed. that is another reason why i think education policy of NUST is seriously flawed

My point is that if you don't like what you see, change it.

You seem smart enough so use your God given Talent and bring about the change.

Theoretical Foundation is important so pay attention to your class work and supplement it with your practical knowledge. Get you mates together who think like you and make it happen.

If you need any help, let me know. Maybe we can get together at C1 or C2 and chat sometimes.

Your Principal is a good man and I am sure if you have some good ideas, he would be willing to listen.

My point is that if you don't like what you see, change it.

You seem smart enough so use your God given Talent and bring about the change.

Theoretical Foundation is important so pay attention to your class work and supplement it with your practical knowledge. Get you mates together who think like you and make it happen.

If you need any help, let me know. Maybe we can get together at C1 or C2 and chat sometimes.

Your Principal is a good man and I am sure if you have some good ideas, he would be willing to listen.

thing is that NUST focuses on classroom engineering. Yes theoretical knowledge is extremely important. but if theory is all that is taught and that too by crappy teachers one cant really become a good engineer. You see majority of our students focus on scoring gpa because of the classroom engineering approach, if that is your motivation, then learning is limited and scoring grades whatsoever be the method becomes the goal. that bogs your mind down. I have been on both extremes, studying for grades and striving to become a good engineer; that can only happen by practical implementation of theoretical knowledge, however, with no or little percentage of practical projects in overall grading policy hurts me and my gpa.

P.S. we dont have a lot of good teachers left in mechanical department, focus is slowly shifting towards mechatronix which leaves us only dreaming for excellent teachers

Is it the same in CAE?

So you are a Nustian? or perhaps a teacher here (i think)? yeah i would like to meet up. in fact i can use some ideas about my next project. are you free this Wednesday after 5?

Is it the same in CAE?

It's the same in all the universities in Pakistan. however, CAE is not in H-12 campus so i wouldnt be able to relate any personal experience. CAE is an old campus so it should be more mature compared to SMME.

Is it the same in CAE?

CAE is part of Nust and yet it is also part of PAF Academy , Risalpur.

You may find it somewhat similar in some ways but quite different in other ways partly because of the CULTURAL difference between PAF and PA.

So you are a Nustian? or perhaps a teacher here (i think)? yeah i would like to meet up. in fact i can use some ideas about my next project. are you free this Wednesday after 5?

Next Couple of weeks are going to be pretty Hectic , Chief.

Let me catch up with you after that.

And yes I am Faculty.

You may find it somewhat similar in some ways but quite different in other ways partly because of the CULTURAL difference between PAF and PA.

And yes I am Faculty.
we can meet up after the exams then.

Military College of Signals.
Gonna convert to GC to join army.. and inshallah will do a great final year project

You are in a running program. oh you are so young.

Which course is running these days btw ?

And yes I am Faculty.

Tell me please, what is this new NUST ?
It was a collection of colleges at our time (EME, MCS, MCE ), now all academics will shift out those colleges ?

You are in a running program. oh you are so young.

Which course is running these days btw ?

Tell me please, what is this new NUST ?
It was a collection of colleges at our time (EME, MCS, MCE ), now all academics will shift out those colleges ?

No , those colleges remain as Constituent Colleges of NUST University. Newer Colleges have been added and these are all located in a 700+ Acre Campus taking up all of H-12 Sector in Islamabad.

http://www.nust.edu.pk/Pages/Download_Details.aspx?DocID=34&category=NUST at a Glance

No , those colleges remain as Constituent Colleges of NUST University. Newer Colleges have been added and these are all located in a 700+ Acre Campus taking up all of H-12 Sector in Islamabad.

http://www.nust.edu.pk/Pages/Download_Details.aspx?DocID=34&category=NUST at a Glance

Ah ok.

So, the engineering courses which were being offered in MCS and EME will still be in the same colleges
and
the entry criteria for MCS/EME engineering programs is the same as that of the H12 NUST ?

I do remember a guy who couldn't get into EME, got accepted in H12; could never understand that part.

Ah ok.

So, the engineering courses which were being offered in MCS and EME will still be in the same colleges
and
the entry criteria for MCS/EME engineering programs is the same as that of the H12 NUST ?

I do remember a guy who couldn't get into EME, got accepted in H12; could never understand that part.

There is different merit against each engineering category.
To get into EME for electrical or mechanical, it takes to be in top 500 merit numbers (total applicants are around 90,000 each year)
Similarly for H-12, however for lower level disciplines like manufacturing engineering.. the merit is a bit lower i.e up to 3,000

Im at MCS btw, moving into 3rd year.

There is different merit against each engineering category.
To get into EME for electrical or mechanical, it takes to be in top 500 merit numbers (total applicants are around 90,000 each year)
Similarly for H-12, however for lower level disciplines like manufacturing engineering.. the merit is a bit lower i.e up to 3,000

Im at MCS btw, moving into 3rd year.

v nice, which course are u from ?

NUST ARIAL ROBOTICS (NU STAR)
aero2.jpg

Research Group Members
1)Dr. Syed Irtiz Ali Shah (Associate Professor)
2)Afzal (Lab Tech)
3)Nida (MS DME student)
4)Waqas (MS ME student)
5)Fazal (MS RIME student)
6)Umair (MS RIME Student)
7)Zahra (MS BME Student)
Scope:
The group is actively working to develop capable unmanned helicopters for disaster relief and rescue missions.
Research Projects (Completed):
1)Development of a base platform for aerial robotics
2)Development of 10 Km range vision System
Research Project (in Progress):
Development of 10 km range flight control system
Development of 30 min endurance propulsion system
Development of 8000 feet altitude endurance
New Advance variant of NU STAR
Contact information:
Dr. Syed Irtiza Ali Shah (Associate Professor)
Office No.: 051-90856030
Email: irtiza@smme.nust.edu.pk

Ah ok.

and

This is quite common as many students who are vying for engineering colleges like MCE, SCME, SMME, EME, CAE, Army Engineering (Risalpur), SEECS, ASAB, SADA etc. will lower their sights and join NBS or S3H at H12 because they have the grades to be accepted. Why don't they try GIKI or other Engineering Colleges is beyond me. :D

This is quite common as many students who are vying for engineering colleges like MCE, SCME, SMME, EME, CAE, Army Engineering (Risalpur), SEECS, ASAB, SADA etc. will lower their sights and join NBS or S3H at H12 because they have the grades to be accepted. Why don't they try GIKI or other Engineering Colleges is beyond me. :D

SEECS, ASAB, SADA etc. will lower their sights and join NBS or S3H at H12

Were not there in our times. Only EME, MCS, MCE, CAE existed and correct me if I am wrong, it is these colleges where the real NUST is ?

More military funding will be needed to perfect the technology.

Back
Top Bottom