What's new

Defence.pk hit by DoS attacks after GoI list leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the news is true, fair enough! The BS happeing in India wrt NE "exodus" is directly related to online content some of which originates from Pakistan. It is a bit tardy on the Indian side to be honest. We should respect measure being taken to curb the fear felt by some and the suffering being inflicted for no reason what so ever.

We would have respected and helped any valid/legal request from GoI. However they chose to ban us (which wasn't as bad as) when they chose to leak the list out to the general public causing us damages.

Fair enough? DDoS isn't fair. We are providing you guys a service which now costs more than double what it did a few days ago.

Google hosts any images??? Its just a search engine which redirect to sites like defence.pk. :lol:

Note defence.pk didn't host any image either. Random general public users came to our site, used our free service to debate and discuss and posted hot-links to images hosted elsewhere.

While Google provides searching/indexing and prioritizing of these images we don't.

that's off topic.....

i wonder how a current affairs news.....Burma riots..can relate to a bigotry

Ask your admin who deleted that thread on "Graphic pictures from Burma" started by one Last Hope.

Just to make it clear - our policy remains unchanged. The acts of a few cyber-criminals and even the misguided act by the GoI won't be held against our esteemed members. We are indifferent to your nationality and would remain so :).

If anyone wants to write a polite note to the GoI or their ISPs on removing our name from this list (out of their own volition), we would greatly appreciate it.

Enough with the India bashing.

We, the management, in no way hold Indian members here responsible for what is happening and will not even insinuate such a stance in any case.
Does this include those who are overtly supporting their country's actions?

Yes off course I support blocking those threads which were spreading pictures of China earth quack, Tibetan self immolation, Malay insurgency as Burma Rohingya-Rakhine riot. GOI has exactly did the same as it directed to block only 4 URLs of the defence.pk which were spreading fake news. Just as blocking a facebook page doesn't amount to blocking whole facebook, blocking 4 specific URLs doesn't amount blocking defence.pk(although some ISPs seems to have went ahead and blocked the whole domain).

Although I'm against any kind of censorship, but let's get real, safety of my countrymen is more important to me than a lil curb of my freedom. If that invites me infraction or ban, so be it.

I think most Indians will support their government,overtly or covertly in this blocking of content context.

But blaming GoI for DDOS attacks on df.pk is debatable because it's not the first time this has happened

Some people misconstrued my comment so let me clarify. I was in no way saying all Indian posters should be banned however those Indian posters who support the GOI in blocking access to this site deserve to be banned permanently because their support is as if they are agreeing to what the GOI is trying to insinuate this site propagates. Any member who has been here for even as long as a month knows that this site and its admins do the best to deliver the best discussions without spreading propaganda and that most articles/pictures that do try and spread such ideas are quickly condemned and removed. It is traitorous to the membership of this forum for those posters to agree with this blatant disregard of free speech on the part of the GOI.

To those who say the GOI has done no such thing should take note that recently the US government has also condemned this censorship by India on the internet and that obviously there is more to the story than you guys would want to believe.

Yes off course I support blocking those threads which were spreading pictures of China earth quack, Tibetan self immortalizing, Malay insurgency as Burma Rohingya-Rakhine riot. GOI has exactly did the same as it directed to block only 4 URLs of the defence.pk which were spreading fake news. Just as blocking a facebook page doesn't amount to blocking whole facebook, blocking 4 specific URLs doesn't amount blocking defence.pk(although some ISPs seems to have went ahead and blocked the whole domain).

Although I'm against any kind of censorship, but let's get real, safety of my countrymen is more important to me than a lil curb of my freedom. If that invites me infraction or ban, so be it.

Oh, so you complained about it? :sick:

PM kar datay bhaiyya!

Oh, so you complained about it? :sick:

PM kar datay bhaiyya!

At that time I had faith on my countrymen that they wouldn't give a damn of what's happening in Myanmar of all places.

I am sorry but what is" GoI list leak"???

GOI doesn't officially publish list of sites it blocks, however they are leaked by officials or hacked by anonymous and then published etc.

Yes off course I support blocking those threads which were spreading pictures of China earth quack, Tibetan self immolation, Malay insurgency as Burma Rohingya-Rakhine riot. GOI has exactly did the same as it directed to block only 4 URLs of the defence.pk which were spreading fake news. Just as blocking a facebook page doesn't amount to blocking whole facebook, blocking 4 specific URLs doesn't amount blocking defence.pk(although some ISPs seems to have went ahead and blocked the whole domain).

If we would have been approached by GoI we would have removed them on the simple grounds of them being too graphic let alone correct or not. But putting our names on a list has provided motivation to criminals who think they are doing some patriotic duty by attacking us.

We were not the ones who posted those pictures, the general public did and while someone can post false information you also are allowed to point out that this information is wrong and also request us to remove it.

Resorting to cyber crimes is a lot more severe.

Many times members are reported for posting propaganda images like on burma issue..
even few post fake pics of the ppl killed in drone strikes so reaction was legit upto few extent

Social Media Websites control list - let's coin a term for it!

GISM Leaks = Government of India Social Media Leaks (has a nice obscure overture to it!) :D

(copyright 2012 @ Hyperion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom