What's new

Defence Ministry Clears Rs 6,000 Crore Proposal To Procure 118 Arjun Mark 1A Main Battle Tanks For Indian Army

werent these the tanks that were too heavy to be used in the border areas between Pakistan and india?

They have so many different variants of Arjun and Tejas (Normal, Mark 1, Mark 1A, Mark 2, god knows what) that I lost track, but I believe in one of the later versions they have fixed the problem. I don't know if that version is being deployed or going to be under develpoment for another 20 years though.

They have so many different variants of Arjun and Tejas (Normal, Mark 1, Mark 1A, Mark 2, god knows what) that I lost track, but I believe in one of the later versions they have fixed the problem. I don't know if that version is being deployed or going to be under develpoment for another 20 years though.
The latest version of Arjunk is the heaviest one. White elephant

Arjun has beaten T90 in trials in both mobility and firepower, weight of the tank is not the real issues as Abrams too have comparable weight. We can build carriages and bridges to withdraw greater weights.

I have always wondered why indians use very high figures of crores instead of using higher denomination such as Arab/Billion or kharab, trillion etc.

and these 6000 crores transferred to DRDO in another bank account of defense ministry of india :lol:
indian defense ministry sale weapons to indian defense ministry

and these 6000 crores transferred to DRDO in another bank account of defense ministry of india :lol:
indian defense ministry sale weapons to indian defense ministry

That's how the public sector works.

Aap to apna paisa bank mein hi nahin rakhte ho.

Explaining normal finance is therefore a challenge.

Cheers, Doc

Back
Top Bottom