What's new

Defence budget 2014

I believe it's to be constructed in Princess Park which is pretty far from Central Delhi. This sucks!! :tdown:
Dammit, I hope no expense is spared, and I hope the finished product looks stunning. A real shame if it won't be built at India gate because these renders look beautiful.

National war memorial is confirmed? :o::o::o:

India_Gate_blog_img4_295.jpg

India_Gate_blog_img3_295.jpg

India_Gate_blog_img2_295.jpg

IF true this is the news of the month :woot::woot::woot:
Modi promised this when visiting troops in Kashmir.

The major announcements:

1. 49% FDI in defence manufacture
2. Outlay of Rs 2,29,000 crore for defence, up from 2,03,672 crore
3. Upgrade plan for soldiers.
4. Rs1000 crore to address pension disparity and implement the 'one rank one pension' scheme
5. Proposal of increased capital outlay of Rs 5000 crore over the interim budget, including Rs 1000 crore for developing railways in the border areas
6. Streamlining the procurement process.
7. A separate fund in 2011 to encourage private sector companies to support research and development of cutting edge technology. Proposal to set up Rs 100 crore to set up such a technology development fund.

nothing much,even the FDI opening is at 49% expected it to be 76%.

FDI policy is pretty smart. It is set up at 49% for basic investment with no majority stake. 75% for TOT and majoroty stake. 100% to bring advanced manufacturing....

The War Memorial is much needed. I have no issue with that. I think its needed. If Mayawati can spend 1000 plus crores for her memorial....then ...

The major announcements:

1. 49% FDI in defence manufacture
2. Outlay of Rs 2,29,000 crore for defence, up from 2,03,672 crore
3. Upgrade plan for soldiers.
4. Rs1000 crore to address pension disparity and implement the 'one rank one pension' scheme
5. Proposal of increased capital outlay of Rs 5000 crore over the interim budget, including Rs 1000 crore for developing railways in the border areas
6. Streamlining the procurement process.
7. A separate fund in 2011 to encourage private sector companies to support research and development of cutting edge technology. Proposal to set up Rs 100 crore to set up such a technology development fund.
Would like more details/specifics on points 3 and 6. Noble aims for sure but this has Ben promised for 10+ years now I'd like to know HOW this is going to come about and what steps will be taken specifically.

I believe it's to be constructed in Princess Park which is pretty far from Central Delhi. This sucks!! :tdown:

But one rank, one pension gets a thumbs up!! :tup:

Cheers! :cheers:

You are building a monument to soldiers in a place called princess park?!

Come on man, is this a joke. That's like if China builds our monument to the PLA in a place called pee sitting down square.

Back
Top Bottom