What's new

Defence Analyst Brahma Chelaney Claims India Failed Diplomatically and Lost The Entire Galwan Valley

As you are the one making those claims, IF what you say is true then remember to post the links to the RELAIBLE and GENUINE evidence here. If not, then it means you are making it all up, just like all other indians always do.
Im not an army person with inside contacts. So I just googled cause at that time I had read it in news paper.
Just 2-3 articles Comes up with a mention of Indians taking reporters to point 4875 showing them pak army men being buried.
Remember that time pak army was saying there's no pak army present in kargil. And Indian army was showing pak arms / identity cards to prove otherwise.
So accepting the dead was out of question from even operational point of view. Cause accepting bodies directly implied pak army had invaded. It's so simple.
Just read pak army official statements at that time.
Anyway, you can do the honest analysis of the whole situation yourself.
Let's drop this topic.

This is a good summary that I think is accurate. Not trolling attempt and built from researching this issue for last three months and reading everything both sides said and even foreign information. I think this version of explanation fits all the real information and official disclosures.

India built new camps and sites from 2019 which started encroaching towards China's claimed point which are to Galwan river and Pangong Tso finger 4. These Indian build up went for half a year and then China responded by doing similar build up in 2020 until April when some things started and more confrontations between soldiers on both sides.

These confrontation began happening more and maybe gotten worse. Chinese claims is after May fight where a PLA communication soldier was beaten by Indians in the famous video of many Indian soldiers beating the PLA soldier, PLA captured some Indian soldiers which is the famous photograph of Indians soldiers being tied up. The PLA soldier being beaten was before the PLA capture of IA soldiers in May. However Chinese reports say the communication officer later died due to his injuries days after. At this point according to Chinese side, Indian army suffered only injuries and being captured but no PLA killed any IA soldiers. After the first two military talks, both decide to remove their forward build ups.

This is when things get into a mess and confusion. Chinese side is suggesting this is the June events happened. Commander Babu was forward patrolling and as Chinese PLA moved some stuff away from Galwan side, some Chinese construction crew members were still guarding some left over equipment. At this point Babu decide for himself against IA higher orders and started arguing with the crew and the few soldiers still there with the small construction crew. These construction workers and the few PLA soldiers there eventually gotten into the fight with Babu and his men, then PLA sent backup and more Indians also arrived. The fighting in 15th June started and went into the night for just under one hour where PLA got upper hand and killed Babu and two other IA soldiers. Other IA soldiers had injuries along with many people including PLA side. When it is clear Commanding Officer was killed, IA soldiers some surrendered and these were the 50 captured and some ran away who accidentally fall down cliff and some jumped into the river. The more than 20 other deaths were due to cold weather and injuries. Chinese side did not help those who left but did help the captured ones. Chinese side also suffered injuries and possibly some deaths. Chinese claims a few PLA soldiers later died in hospital from their heavy injuries. The number they are saying is 2 at the moment. However this is internal rumors and some people suggesting that many PLA had serious injuries were treated but 2 so far have succumbed to injuries. Diplomats communicate this to peers but Chinese news and global media do not wish to make situation more intense like already is in India. Saying to India people now officially 2 have died and rest of injured will likely recover is pointless. Indian diplomats know the real answer. Not saying this helps both sides find solutions. Saying this can only present more obstacle for both sides' leaders. Also many from both sides who died have died after fighting maybe a day or more after.

The Indian army did not come to rescue the men who ran away. Many were later found in different places. This is why the death count went up as new men were found until eventually the count is officially at 20 in total where 3 were killed by PLA and rest by accident. The 3 includes the Commanding Officer who PLA hold responsible. He may have been executed by bullet since his actions were also against order of IA in both side's agreement.

This incident made the May agreements very difficult so only now we are back on track from May talks. However both sides view each other in different light now and Indian media has let this get out of hand for Modi and more difficult for Modi to make moves. Opposition also screwing Modi every way even when he does necessary and correct moves now. Result is India is high on trade war talks and only will slowly get back to normal. If they want to go domestic, they should try and China will respond anyway to trade issues and probably will ban investment into India even if India doesn't ban first. War is now 100% impossible. Both sides reach certain agreement but to be honest future development is going to be interesting. Both sides are becoming further enemy status even if this thing in May was small and June was unfortunate.

Buffer zone now created but India has lost more from buffer zone even though China has now moved away from finger 4 and PP14 and PP15. India claimed until finger 8 and all of Galwan. The buffer encroaches more into Indian territory simply due to India's claims much more and further than China's claims. In the previous no man's land, India claims almost all of it while China's claims are to roughly half line. So now with new established buffer zone system, India's total old claims is now out of reach totally for India. China's claims until half way lines at both areas. Back to no-one owning the buffer zone again. Both sides will focus on their long term power again. So the May fighting turned to June fight which turned to regional politics which China is using now, this is by unifying the voices of Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, and maybe in near future even Bhutan. China and India are currently both talking to Bhutan maybe over arunachal pradesh border dispute purposes.

Indian military has totally moved away from LAC which is what China wants. PLA seems to have moved back from those forward point now too. Whatever agreed between us seems to have taken us now back to before India's buildup in 2019. So China in this way achieved objective of making India remove those 2019 build up towards Chinese claimed LAC points which are Galwan river and finger 4. However seems like China is not staying in these forward points now either. They shouldn't stay there anyway as long as India is not close to those points, they have achieved objective. Why should PLA stay forever camping on finger 4 and Galwan river?? Some Indians interpret PLA move away from these two spots as something. Remember this, 2019 Indian positions now gone, new buffer zone created, India moved back even further behind where they were in 2017 on LAC. PLA move away, India starts chilling and relaxing and stop demanding Modi go to war and stop making long term noise. If PLA keep staying there, Congress party will push Modi to war and BJP will lose election. Cause more trouble ongoing. This way is China's dis-engagement offer to Modi which he and the diplomats accept immediately.

Accurate about the china benefiting more, rest is just conjecture as we dont know what realy happened.

Im not an army person with inside contacts. So I just googled cause at that time I had read it in news paper.
Just 2-3 articles Comes up with a mention of Indians taking reporters to point 4875 showing them pak army men being buried.
Remember that time pak army was saying there's no pak army present in kargil. And Indian army was showing pak arms / identity cards to prove otherwise.
So accepting the dead was out of question from even operational point of view. Cause accepting bodies directly implied pak army had invaded. It's so simple.
Just read pak army official statements at that time.
Anyway, you can do the honest analysis of the whole situation yourself.
Let's drop this topic.

Again, you are regurgitating the SAME conjectures without ANY solid evidence...........:disagree:..........proof counts, heresay doesn't.

Accurate about the china benefiting more, rest is just conjecture as we dont know what realy happened.

Please substantiate how china gained more? People say buffer zones always existed? Also, are the latest buffer zones permanent?

Even without any evidence, 1 can assume China had the stronger position, so definitely India has given something for the deescalation .
Now the real question is how much or what has been given ?
Please substantiate why you think India has given something to de-escalate.

My opinion is - China lost more in these skirmishes. They showed their intentions 10 or 20 years early. They woke India from deep fantasy.

India has not given them anything. That is not the way the world works. i.e. someone comes charging, he is given something to buy peace. Even small countries don't do that.

Just an example, even though Afghanistan is a fraction of pak (economy & military), they never accepted durand line....even Taliban did not accept durand line.

Chinese went back, as they have realised that is a better option.

Last edited:
India has not given them anything.
India has become a proxy for US, the Chinese realised that long ago and made a move. All the players involved have been exposed, things will never be the same again.
EcgZNs8WkAAJGnr

Far from the social media Orgasms, the reality is finally seeping in the Indian Intelligentsia of the soft surrender of the entire Galwan Valley to the Chinese. A few tweets below of Brahma Chellaney , a right wing anti Pakistan defence analyst, shows how India lost the valley diplomatically without firing a single bullet.

The realistic Indians are aware that the Chinese threat has not gone, the sequence of events bear similarities to the 1962 debacle. As the Modi media and SM are rejoicing the Chinese Dis-engagement as a victory, the PLA is building new Artillery positions, more reinforcement to the rear and conducting more live fire exercises.

Many Indian defence experts predict something big is going to happen in the next 27 days, probably in August. Let our resident Indian trolls be happy and rejoice for a while, the war clouds have not disappeared as of yet THEY say.:pakistan::china:
You see, I did not understand why China will suddenly push forward to the LAC until the DMZs came up. The LAC is the Chinese Claim Line. By forcing India to agree to a 1-2km buffer zone, they can't even enter Galwan anymore. Does it matter is its still disputed? The whole Aksai Chin is. China has no intention of invading India, it's all about forcing the pesky Indians from entering Chinese soil. Lol

Entire Galwan valley? Lol. That's where the current DBO road passes through. We are still using it and transporting stuff. I like your thread through trying to impact everytime with titles with less substances inside.

Though PP14 point is something we need to figure out before the next summer.
DBO is in Syok Valley bhai.

The advantage of having free media is that every one can express their opinion. Even after Kargil war there were some Indian analyst claiming that India lost the war because the fight took place Indian side of LOC, and India did not take the fight to enemy territory.

However fact of the matter here are - and these are undisputed.

1. Patrol Point 14 is furthest point India armed forces patrols in Galwan valley in peace time and is considered as Indian claim line in Galwan valley.

2. In beginning of May, PLA came and setup its camp, few hundred meters on Indian side PP14.

3. Indian side made mirror deployment opposite to Chinese Camps.

4. After disengagement both side have agreed to withdraw their camps 2 Km from PP 14.

5. There will be no foot patrols from either side within a 2 KM radius of PP14 for a period of next 30 days.

Make of that.. what you will...
That's the Chinese plan all along, push them back from Galwan. Lol

There are videos out there of Indian army beating the $hit out of PLA soldiers from Pangang Tso to Sikkim. Go check them out. One of the videos even showed PLA soldier held captive however there was no fan fare ..when that PLA soldier was released ..not even any news the media.
It seems you forgot the picture of 5 tied up bitches. Lolpl

Please substantiate how china gained more? People say buffer zones always existed? Also, are the latest buffer zones permanent?

Please substantiate why you think India has given something to de-escalate.

My opinion is - China lost more in these skirmishes. They showed their intentions 10 or 20 years early. They woke India from deep fantasy.

India has not given them anything. That is not the way the world works. i.e. someone comes charging, he is given something to buy peace. Even small countries don't do that.

Just an example, even though Afghanistan is a fraction of pak (economy & military), they never accepted durand line....even Taliban did not accept durand line.

Chinese went back, as they have realised that is a better option.
Does Doklam ring a bell? We are still there mate. Lol. China doesn't do something without first calculating strategically. We came in right up to our claim line ammasing troops. Then now a buffer zone of 1 to 2 km deep. What was the agreement ya think? The buffer zone is inside Indian territory mate, something don't even claim. Our buffer zone is inside Aksai Chin. Do you know maths? Lol. This exercise is all. About forcing India to agree on DMZs.

China doesn't do something without first calculating strategically.

I used to think the same till the latest actions by China.

My 0.000000002 cents:
a) China has committed a big blunder with the latest actions. They have forever pushed India into the other camp. Basically, India is left with no choice.
b) China is going to loose the 5G market in India.
c) Soon Chinese companies will be "removed" from all strategic sectors in India.
d) (I hope) Large trade deficits with China will no longer be entertained.
e) I think China acted 10 or 20 years too soon. Imagine China doing similar in 2030 or 2040, after cornering 5G and other sectors in India.

Winners & Losers from the current stand-off [my opinion]:
a) Modi [Winner] - he will come out as tallest leader in India.
b) Xi Jinping [Loser] - he will loose his position. My conclusion is based on my readings about Deng Xiaopeng, including biographies on Deng. Many people may dis-agree.
c) Illegal bangladeshis in India [biggest biggest biggest winners from all this] - No time & energy to identify and send them back. This is the biggest biggest threat to India.

My intention is not to troll, but it is a fact that large number of bangladeshis crossed into India during previous govts. That is truth.

Last edited:
I used to think the same till the latest actions by China.

My 0.000000002 cents:
a) China has committed a big blunder with the latest actions. They have forever pushed India into the other camp. Basically, India is left with no choice.
b) China is going to loose the 5G market in India.
c) Soon Chinese companies will be "removed" from all strategic sectors in India.
d) (I hope) Large trade deficits with China will no longer be entertained.
e) I think China acted 10 or 20 years too soon. Imagine China doing similar in 2030 or 2040, after cornering 5G and other sectors in India.

Winners & Losers from the current stand-off [my opinion]:
a) Modi [Winner] - he will come out as tallest leader in India.
b) Xi Jinping [Loser] - he will loose his position. My conclusion is based on my readings about Deng Xiaopeng, including biographies on Deng. Many people may dis-agree.
c) Illegal bangladeshis in India [biggest biggest biggest winners from all this] - No time & energy to identify and send them back. This is the biggest biggest threat to India.

My intention is not to troll, but it is a fact that large number of bangladeshis crossed into India during previous govts. That is truth.
I appreciate your statement, but you don't understand China. 5G market or export markets mean nothing to China if national sovereignty is compromised. Its just dollar and we have 3 trillion of it. My bet is India can't afford not to buy Chinese. From the actions of Modi basically playing into our game but appearing as a Victor in front of the Indian masses as always suits us just fine. We already calculated that Modi is not going to pursue a friendly relationship but a confrontational one. The Russians can see it too, India is now a US poodle. And this move by China to close all privelledges given decades earlier (patrolling) and creating direct buffers is permanent.

My bet is India can't afford not to buy Chinese.
Pakistanis do not buy much from India, even though they know that buying from India is beneficial to them. I hope India does the same to China.

Also, one strategic expert of India summed-up the economic situation between India & China. His words - "India thought that economic / trade will improve relations with China, but trade itself became another issue for Indian leaders (on top of all other issues)". So, trade with China did not solve anything for India. It just added a new problem.

From the actions of Modi basically playing into our game but appearing as a Victor in front of the Indian masses as always suits us just fine.
Please substantiate. This is completely wrong understanding. Modi is not projecting himself as victor. His intention is to downplay and buy some space. He knows that he has bigger problems like covid devastation of economy.

We already calculated that Modi is not going to pursue a friendly relationship but a confrontational one. The Russians can see it too, India is now a US poodle.
Please substantiate. Modi spent substantial political capital in improving relations with China. Under Modi's watch, trade deficit has become double. He even allowed china to participate in 5G. If there is a fault of Modi in the last 6 years of his leadership, then that is trusting the chinese leadership.

And this move by China to close all privelledges given decades earlier (patrolling) and creating direct buffers is permanent.
Nope, it is not going to be permanent. No country in the world will allow that. However, China has considerable ability to play havoc with India [for ex: they simply need to arm Pak]. India will lie low and try to improve the economy.

PS: you are entitled to your opinion. But I believe that China has greatly mis-calcualated.

The 3 includes the Commanding Officer who PLA hold responsible. He may have been executed by bullet since his actions were also against order of IA in both side's agreement.
The PLA executed the an Indian POW? If this is true this would be very shocking ...

Pakistanis do not buy much from India, even though they know that buying from India is beneficial to them. I hope India does the same to China.

Also, one strategic expert of India summed-up the economic situation between India & China. His words - "India thought that economic / trade will improve relations with China, but trade itself became another issue for Indian leaders (on top of all other issues)". So, trade with China did not solve anything for India. It just added a new problem.

Please substantiate. This is completely wrong understanding. Modi is not projecting himself as victor. His intention is to downplay and buy some space. He knows that he has bigger problems like covid devastation of economy.

Please substantiate. Modi spent substantial political capital in improving relations with China. Under Modi's watch, trade deficit has become double. He even allowed china to participate in 5G. If there is a fault of Modi in the last 6 years of his leadership, then that is trusting the chinese leadership.

Nope, it is not going to be permanent. No country in the world will allow that. However, China has considerable ability to play havoc with India [for ex: they simply need to arm Pak]. India will lie low and try to improve the economy.

PS: you are entitled to your opinion. But I believe that China has greatly mis-calcualated.

No problem mate. Everybody has the right to different opinions, I am not Pakistani so I am not sure how substantial their import form India is. However, alot of industries in India depend on Chinese inputs to function. It may take at least 10 to 15 years to fully wean off China. And at what cost? India does not have the industrial capacity nor technology to produce what China produces today, I am not talking about plastic toys btw, we are talking about mid end semiconductors, electrical equipment, speciality alloys, machinery, telecom equipment, components etc. Even US and the West can't fully disengage from China. They can only opt for diversified sourcing for some components.

My personal take is Modi is a logical person governing a billion emotional ppl. He needs to appear strong and victorious, China doesn't have this pressure. Even if 100 died and we took an acre of land, the CCP would still appear victorious. Most Chinese won't even compare death rates, they are more concernee about who controls what. In the end a permanent buffer zone is good for both sides. Previously I heard India did not agree on this until being forced upon by China. A neutral buffer zone would have been inside the LAC instead of forcing it OK Indian soil. That's a big loss if you ask me and may set a lot of precedents down the road.

No problem mate. Everybody has the right to different opinions, I am not Pakistani so I am not sure how substantial their import form India is. However, alot of industries in India depend on Chinese inputs to function. It may take at least 10 to 15 years to fully wean off China. And at what cost? India does not have the industrial capacity nor technology to produce what China produces today, I am not talking about plastic toys btw, we are talking about mid end semiconductors, electrical equipment, speciality alloys, machinery, telecom equipment, components etc. Even US and the West can't fully disengage from China. They can only opt for diversified sourcing for some components.

My personal take is Modi is a logical person governing a billion emotional ppl. He needs to appear strong and victorious, China doesn't have this pressure. Even if 100 died and we took an acre of land, the CCP would still appear victorious. Most Chinese won't even compare death rates, they are more concernee about who controls what. In the end a permanent buffer zone is good for both sides. Previously I heard India did not agree on this until being forced upon by China. A neutral buffer zone would have been inside the LAC instead of forcing it OK Indian soil. That's a big loss if you ask me and may set a lot of precedents down the road.

@Han Patriot
I am sure you must be proud of accomplishments of China in the recent past.

But, being an Indian [context - India being careful in not joining quad, despite china heavily arming Pak including giving them nuclear technology + latest actions and everything in between], I am very surprised at the confidence that you showed in your post.

Your post indicated that (a) it is in India's interest to have trade (with great trade imbalances) with china. (b) somehow India has to pay a cost (that it is not willing to take) to get away from chinese manufacturing and (c) China is (somehow) justified in it's latest actions.

a) If trade with china did not improve relations (basic assumption of Indian leaders), and China does what it feels on a given day / month / year, then what is it for India to continue to have such trade with China?
b) Have you known any historical precedent where countries *intending to keep adverse* relations keeping trade relations in tact? That too because the country that aggresses provides cheap goods that destroy employment opportunities.

As an Indian, I will feel very sad if India does not bring trade deficit to zero (or) cut off all trade with China in the next few years (at most 4 years).

PS#1: I am aware you are a normal chinese (like I am a normal Indian). Our views may not matter much. However, your confidence in your post was striking.
PS#2: After reading your post, I thought of writing this response. But did not. However, the following article bought back my thoughts. This article shows the ill-effects of globalization from a former pro-globalist economist (read the ill-effects of manufacturing shifting to China). Please read it in the larger context.
PS#3: Try to think like an Indian. We are indulging you, and but you still did what you want to do, killed 20 of our soldiers and non-chalantly expect us to be (sort of) happy about it, and act as if nothing has happened.
PS#4: The latest actions by Chinese are a definite loss of face for Modi. Modi personal prestige also took a beating (my opinion). I like Modi, and I am confident he has capacity to deal with this (but he will not *start* a kinetic war with China).

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/economists-on-the-run?utm_source=pocket-newtab

@Han Patriot
I am sure you must be proud of accomplishments of China in the recent past.

But, being an Indian [context - India being careful in not joining quad, despite china heavily arming Pak including giving them nuclear technology + latest actions and everything in between], I am very surprised at the confidence that you showed in your post.

Your post indicated that (a) it is in India's interest to have trade (with great trade imbalances) with china. (b) somehow India has to pay a cost (that it is not willing to take) to get away from chinese manufacturing and (c) China is (somehow) justified in it's latest actions.

a) If trade with china did not improve relations (basic assumption of Indian leaders), and China does what it feels on a given day / month / year, then what is it for India to continue to have such trade with China?
b) Have you known any historical precedent where countries *intending to keep adverse* relations keeping trade relations in tact? That too because the country that aggresses provides cheap goods that destroy employment opportunities.

As an Indian, I will feel very sad if India does not bring trade deficit to zero (or) cut off all trade with China in the next few years (at most 4 years).

PS#1: I am aware you are a normal chinese (like I am a normal Indian). Our views may not matter much. However, your confidence in your post was striking.
PS#2: After reading your post, I thought of writing this response. But did not. However, the following article bought back my thoughts. This article shows the ill-effects of globalization from a former pro-globalist economist (read the ill-effects of manufacturing shifting to China). Please read it in the larger context.
PS#3: Try to think like an Indian. We are indulging you, and but you still did what you want to do, killed 20 of our soldiers and non-chalantly expect us to be (sort of) happy about it, and act as if nothing has happened.
PS#4: The latest actions by Chinese are a definite loss of face for Modi. Modi personal prestige also took a beating (my opinion). I like Modi, and I am confident he has capacity to deal with this (but he will not *start* a kinetic war with China).

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/economists-on-the-run?utm_source=pocket-newtab
Bro, 20 Indians were not supposed to die. I believe the Indian Colonel got aggressive with our workers and in return the Soldiers being soldiers got pissed and killed someone out of anger and the rest spiralled out of control. 17 Indian soldiers did not died due to us bludgeoning them to death, they died from hypothermia, we are not superhuman. That's the reason China does not claim victory from killing Indians soldiers because its a conflict, we gain nothing. Our only concern is creating a buffer zone. I think this will happen and will. Be good for both sides

Bro, 20 Indians were not supposed to die. I believe the Indian Colonel got aggressive with our workers and in return the Soldiers being soldiers got pissed and killed someone out of anger and the rest spiralled out of control. 17 Indian soldiers did not died due to us bludgeoning them to death, they died from hypothermia, we are not superhuman. That's the reason China does not claim victory from killing Indians soldiers because its a conflict, we gain nothing. Our only concern is creating a buffer zone. I think this will happen and will. Be good for both sides

Please do not think that I am indulging in pissing competition with this post.

However:
a) In late 197Os, when Vajpayee (then foreign minister of India) was visiting China. China tested a nuclear device. There were various thoughts on why China had to test a nuclear device when Indian FM is visiting China.
b) However, around year 2000 (i.e. after 20+ years), when Chinese leader, Li Peng, visited India (at that time, he visited our campus and gave a speech. BTW-I later came to know that he is a hardliner in chinese leadership). During the last day of his visit, while he is still on Indian soil, India tested one of the Agni missiles (not the low range Prithvi missile), that has a large range.

The point I am trying to make is - All countries has long memories. Events are not forgotten easily.

a) Bringing armies to borders to borders always bring the risk of intentional / unintentional events, that can not easily be contained.
b) Indians are convinced that China planned the events on that day. Those events are not random / unplanned occurences. Our news channels also published that Chinese army came prepared on that day (wearing rubber or similar apparel for protection etc etc). No Indian believes that it is an unplanned event.

PS#1: I heard that Li Peng was 2nd in chinese leadership during the time of his visit to India.
PS#2: At my campus, Li Peng was giving a speech, and a chinese translator was translating to english....Li Peng speaks for 2 mins or so, then the translator and then Li Peng and so on......when translator was speaking, an aeroplane took off and we are not able to hear what the translator was saying.....Li Peng asked her to stop and after the aeroplane left, he asked her to proceed.....I still remember the authority & aggression that Li Peng displayed body language and verbal language [he seemed a no-nonsense person to me].
PS#3: I felt that Li Peng is a serious person.
PS#4: Later, I also came to know that Li Peng is adopted child of Zhou Enlai.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom