What's new

Def Expo 2010, India

PAD Ballistic missile defence system

9de1ce57252915210bfe6a41fb6ac95f.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_o_no4M2xE...AAJXo/eIabJhh6BMU/s1600-h/DSC00104-772925.JPG

Hey !
Can I visit it before 18th ? I read that it is open for general public ONLY on 18th?
I'm near to Delhi and I don't want to miss the golden oppertunity.

Hey !
Can I visit it before 18th ? I read that it is open for general public ONLY on 18th?
I'm near to Delhi and I don't want to miss the golden oppertunity.

You lucky guy.... :cool: please take pics of F-INSAS, BMD and EW system brochures/information boards if you visit. :cheers:

^^ Is this a replica of P-15A? Or is this a proposal for P-17A? Looks more in the range of a destroyer though!

thanks for the upload!

BAE Displays Howitzer At Defexpo That India May Buy
By vivek raghuvanshi
Published: 15 Feb 2010 13:53

NEW DELHI - BAE Systems has displayed at Defexpo 2010 its M777 ultralight howitzer gun, under negotiation by the Indian government for a Foreign Military Sales (FMS) purchase.

India decided to procure the howitzers through the FMS route from BAE's U.S. division following cancellation of the tender in which Singapore Technologies competed but was blacklisted in June on charges of alleged corruption by India's fraud agency, the Central Bureau of Investigation.

India's highest procurement agency, the Defence Acquisitions Committee, decided last month to procure 145 howitzers through the FMS route at a cost of about $650 million.

A senior executive of BAE Systems said that his company is ready to support India's requirements for the M777 light howitzer guns, which can have a range of up to 40 kilometers. The guns can be airlifted by Indian military helicopters, the executive added.

A formal contract has not yet been inked. The BAE executive refused to give details of the deal.

BAE Displays Howitzer At Defexpo That India May Buy - Defense News

plz dont forge to take the pics whomsoever visits the expo...too far from delhi now.

i am new to this forum.......plz guide me to post images.......as u can see from above posts......only link appears and not the image.......

peace:china::usflag::pakistan:

cant find d indian, sri lankan n bangladeshi flags.....:what:

TATA and IAI unveil future technologies at the Defence Expo 2010

NOVA Integrated Systems Limited, a TATA company has teamed up with TAMAM, a division of Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), to evaluate opportunities to manufacture, integrate and maintain the MINIPOP Electro Optic system and to integrate the off-the shelf ADNAV lightweight navigation system in India.
Both these systems have been successfully installed and integrated on TATA Motors’ new Mine Protected Vehicle (MPV), by a joint NOVA-TAMAM team and will be unveiled in the TATA Pavilion HALL 12 at the DEFEXPO 2010.

The two will exhibit the field-proven light weight EO (electro-optical) sensor and Inertial Navigation System as a package on the TATA Motors Mine Protected Vehicle (MPV).

Salient Features
The MiniPOP is a dual axis, gyro-stabilised electro-optical system, which includes up to four different sensors, a day colour camera, a thermal imaging camera, a laser range-finder and a laser pointer. The MiniPOP provides enhanced image processing and automatic video tracker capabilities.

System Specifications:

· Size: 8” (21cm)
· Weight: 17 - 20 lbs (~ 8 - 9 Kg) dependent upon the sensor configuration
· Thermal Imager: Cooled InSb 3-5 µm FPA with continuous zoom
· Day color Camera: CCD , Near IR (NIR) capability, with continuous zoom
· Laser Range Finder: Eye safe 1 pps
· Laser Pointer : 0.83µm

The MiniPOP is a member of the POP family (Plug-in Optronic Payload) in operational service all over the world. These lightweight electro-optical payloads offer day and night observation capabilities for military surveillance and targeting, border and customs control, traffic monitoring and riot control.
The ADNAV is an Inertial Navigation System/Global Positioning System (INS/GPS) providing position, heading and orientation (PHO) data. The system is a suitable installation for a range of military and paramilitary land vehicles including tanks, armor, reconnaissance, logistics, command, Special Forces and surveillance vehicles.
Alignment and navigation features:
· Dynamic alignment on the move.
· Autonomous navigation with the following features:
o Full Integrated Navigation: Inertial Navigation, Odometer and GPS Updates
o Integrated Navigation without GPS: Inertial Navigation using the Odometer Updates
· Waypoint navigation.
· Alignment and navigation accuracy in autonomous navigation mode without GPS:
Self alignment accuracy is < 1O
&#183; Horizontal position: 1 &#37; of the distance traveled

Back
Top Bottom