What's new

Decision to rename Lahore landmark after Bhagat Singh on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: General Zia did more damage to Pakistan by radicalization of the country than all of Indian Intelligence agencies and Military put together.. India should award him Vashisht Sewa medal in the next round :rofl:

Gen Zia got swayed by the petrodollars pouring in and the ideology that comes with the funding followed too, he wanted to be the leader of the Muslim world - a dream he took to his grave, I think Arabs should facilitate him much more than India.

Banned books | DAWN.COM
Jinnah of Pakistan, was also banned (while India banned the same author’s 1962 book Nine Hours to Rama, apparently because it exposes security lapses that led to Gandhi’s assassination.).

There is a lot of difference to ban a author for security lapse and being banned for talking about a character...
lot of gandhi books having negativity about him are in market.. Y dont pakistan allow the same? Cos the author showed character of jinnah?
Pls lets stick to topic... I have a good regard for Mr.jinnah... Dont want to spoil it, for the sake of discussion..
Topic is on Bhagat singh..

why did pakistan ban it though ?

Because of TRUTH

If I remember correctly, you are one step behind another ban. I think today is the day. :D

BTW have any infraction expired in the mean time. ?

Still in the thread?
cant able to miss the fun mate? :D

If I remember correctly, you are one step behind another ban. I think today is the day. :D

BTW have any infraction expired in the mean time. ?

Nah! I am off to Chicago anyway in a couple of hours for a week.. Hopefully some of them will by the time I am back..

He was a terrorist who bombed the British or tried to!

Since you are a bit rickety in your history.

He exploded a smoke bomb in the British legislative assembly..which was passing a resolution, giving police free hand against peaceful demonstrators(Defence of Indian act) and then did not run but remained there shouting slogans of "Inquilab Zindabad!" ("Long Live the Revolution!") and showered leaflets..till he was arrested.

He was terrorist for British,but for Indians(which then included the future Pakistanis also) he was a revolutionary freedom fighter, because he stood against British imperial govt, which massacred hundreds and thousands in Jalianwala Bagh massacre.
Would you call Tipu Sultan a terrorist too ..since he fought and killed many Britishers..his cannons blasted many British soldiers??

Since you are abit rickety in your history, He exploded a smoke bomb in the British legislative assembly..which was passing a resolution, giving police free hand against peaceful demonstrators(Defence of Indian act) and then did not run but remained there shouting slogans of "Inquilab Zindabad!" ("Long Live the Revolution!") and showered leaflets..till he was arrested.

Would you call Tipu Sultan a terrorist too ..since he fought and killed many Britishers..his cannons blasted many British soldiers??

He was terrorist for British,but for Indians(which then included the future Pakistanis also) he was a revolutionary freedom fighter, because he stood against British imperial govt, which massacred hundreds and thousands in Jalianwala Bagh massacre.

No, Tipu fought invaders while Bhagat fought rulers

Is there a link to a soft copy.. I have a long 15 hour flight ahead of me.. If its good, I will read it..

If you're thinking that it's insulting, it's not. I wonder why they banned it!

If you're thinking that it's insulting, it's not. I wonder why they banned it!

Why would I want to read books that insult our leaders? Read back in this thread.. I have immense respect for Jinnah

Is there a link to a soft copy.. I have a long 15 hour flight ahead of me.. If its good, I will read it..

I don't have, I only know what controversial he wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom