What's new

Debate: Should India be a permanent member of the UNSC?

At some point the UNSC will be enlarged, and several countries, including India, will vie for a place at the table. There will be much needed on both sides to make this happen, but it is likely to happen in the long run, may be in a few decades.

then what they will do there just sit and watch the drama ?

They get a permanent seat, so they don't have to do the rotation and election for the seat. Veto is just out of the question. India's pushing a plan where it would receive veto after 25 years of permanent membership, but no one's biting.

First step is : get membership. Second step is : get Veto power !

ok but first step should be finish disputes with pakistan over siachin sucreek water kashmir and many others .as per inside new india pakistan was close to kashmir siachin surcreek so they can start again and finish it once forever only water issues need to work more .

in my openion i think india can be member but only problem is resolve the issues with pakistan china and other peacefully on table finish this mess and we will so happy too to see growing india and our next door member of unsc .am i wrong? it will be great day when all god damn disputes will over so we will also growth quickly and india will enjoy UNSC seat .in this same situation i see nothing but waste of time .power come with responsibility .
I hope disputes can not be resolved with a win-lose manner, A win win situation is to keep the current border as it is and do not provoke each other by claiming the other side of the LOC as ones own.
As far as the UNSC seat is considered, its not a enjoyable position, with more power come more responibility and more pain to do the right thing(which means even risking firendship of log time firendly countries)

ok but first step should be finish disputes with pakistan over siachin sucreek water kashmir and many others .as per inside new india pakistan was close to kashmir siachin surcreek so they can start again and finish it once forever only water issues need to work more .

accept the status quo,nothing more than this..otherwise we still have parliament seats left for the pakistani occupied one;)

If India ever does make it as a permanent member of the UNSC, I'll shoot myself in the foot!

Some of those crazy Western folks are just cheer-leading for India to make money. Also, try to take out China.

I think it'd be better if India along with Pakistan get closer to SCO. The organization has potential.

The UNSC has become nothing but a joke, the most undemocratic entity there is. At times I wish that thoroughly useless organization just goes away!

Don't worry, as long as China is staying in the business, there will be no sixth member in the UNSC for now.

USA also doesn't want new members in the club.

i dont think,we need veto or even membership.
perfect example is israel.

bad example. Israel has USA's veto power but India has nobody's veto power.

Very difficult problem to solve

If India ever does make it as a permanent member of the UNSC, I'll shoot myself in the foot!

Some of those crazy Western folks are just cheer-leading for India to make money. Also, try to take out China.

I think it'd be better if India along with Pakistan get closer to SCO.

The UNSC has become nothing but a joke, the most undemocratic entity there is. At times I wish that thoroughly useless organization just goes away!

i thought u will shoot somewhere else......

anyway,SCO is also a circus.....

I hope disputes can not be resolved with a win-lose manner, A win win situation is to keep the current border as it is and do not provoke each other by claiming the other side of the LOC as ones own.
As far as the UNSC seat is considered, its not a enjoyable position, with more power come more responibility and more pain to do the right thing(which means even risking firendship of log time firendly countries)

i think so as it is is very good option widrow from siachin make surcreek economic zone and close this bloody file forever we can not put in risk of our public and move on

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

accept the status quo,nothing more than this..otherwise we still have parliament seats left for the pakistani occupied one;)

thats why people like you not allowed in meeting of india pakistan and people like me enjoy it inside lolz

first of all when you talk abut a dispute talk diplomatically not like zaid hamid ok lolz

i think so as it is is very good option widrow from siachin make surcreek economic zone and close this bloody file forever we can not put in risk of our public and move on

sircreek:not possible..

Reason:china issue+cant be occupied again if pakistan attacks.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

thats why people like you not allowed in meeting of india pakistan and people like me enjoy it inside lolz

first of all when you talk abut a dispute talk diplomatically not like zaid hamid ok lolz

i told u truth,you like it or not.although next PM could be modi;)

Back
Top Bottom