What's new

Debate between Pak-Army Soldier & Taliban & Pakistan's WoT

The Pak army conceived the taliban through the ISI training of their compatriots across the border. Oppression and corruption leads to the type of fundamentalism we have seen recently. One minute Pak army is allied to the extremist next minute they switch sides to appease their foreign masters. You reap what you sow.

Incorrect. Pakistan Army and ISI helped train the Mujahideen in the 80s. The Taliban appeared sometime close to 1994 and the TTP later still in 2007. Secondly, the fighters of the 80s are all but gone, very few remain, most of these militants are relatively new and have nothing to do with the training that was imparted to the Mujahideen during the 80s.

The army is no longer credible. Its obvious that a government which is controlled for years by the army results in no longer having a fighting army whose interest is actually protecting the country. Its one thing to act big and bomb, imprison, and destroy your own ppl, And its another thing when your sovereign soil is bombed by another nation to bow down and do absolutely nothing.

1) The Army is fighting the Taliban, that too quite successfully, so how do you justify your argument that the Pak Army is not a fighting army ? Secondly, what do you propose we do ? Buy another army from metro ?
2) To stop the drone strikes, we need an airbase in the area which we don't have. They can't be shot down with SAMs as they have negligible radar signature and fly to slow too track. We could shoot with an Ack-ack but they are too high to engage with an Anti-aircraft gun, so what do you propose ?

Whatever democratically elected government our country has seen is embedded deep with corruption.
Its all chaos whether its their terrorist bombing, or the government state terrorist bombings. The world just watches and laughs.

How is that relevant to the discussion ? Are you justifying a coup ?

Also to all you army guys, bombing and killing taliban in Pakistan does not give you guys a positive image here in the west about combating terrorism. I've been here in Canada my whole life. To people here Pakistan = Terrorist
And to our dismay as Pakistani's: Pak Army = Terrorist Supporters.

1) The Army doesn't fight for appeasing anybody else, we do it to protect our own people from attack. If we wanted to appease the West, we would have taken up the offer to send our forces to Iraq and Afghanistan.
2) Since Canada is not a part of Pakistan, they can take their belief and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine.

Make peace and care only about your own interests as a nation. Your own development. Your own corruption.
That's what we are doing, as addressed above.

You don't look brave fighting under-armed rural tribal people. You actually look pretty weak.

You obviously know very little about this conflict, we are not fighting the tribals. If we were, they wouldn't be forming lashkars numbering thousands strong to fight alongside us.

Regardless, no one can beat them in the end anyways. Look at history the Pathans especially the tribal ones are our strongest and most ferocious people. They live rough. They don't lose wars. They will continue to fight until they are completely defeated.

The TTP have nothing to do with the Pukhtoons or their legacy. The Pukhtoons hate them more than anybody else because the TTP have killed about 600 of their tribal maliks along with thousands of their brethren.

Make peace with them and move on. Our nation is not brave. If we were no foreign nation would do drone attacks on our soil without any fear of a consequence.

Already addressed above.

I find it funny how our own countrymen have NO idea of history and are ready to believe hearsay and the internet.
The Pakistani Establishment was as stumped by the rise of the taliban as anybody else.
We were banking on our guys the Haqqani's in the battle for Kabul's seat...and out of the blue these guys appeared.
We may have had a hand in asking the Haqqani's to make an alliance with the Afghan Taliban...but thats it.

The TTP are nothing more than criminals and foreign sponsored terrorist elements...
and should be dealth with nothing less than a take no prisoners policy.

Most tribals hate them as well, as they have caused many a misled young Pukhtoon to attack his own people.
The only obstacle to a solution for the TTP is the US drone attacks on targets they dont understand.

The common Pakistani hasn't betrayed anyone. He does not deserve to get bombed into pieces. His family is sitting at home anxiously waiting for him to come back from the bazaar. Little do they know what happened..
Now think the same thing but the other way around about the people getting bombed in their own country at their own homes by drones for no reason at all and i think if you have an inch of self-respect you will understand.I am not saying that i support the ttp.I am merely stating the fact that there are always two sides to a story.

Now think the same thing but the other way around about the people getting bombed in their own country at their own homes by drones for no reason at all and i think if you have an inch of self-respect you will understand.I am not saying that i support the ttp.I am merely stating the fact that there are always two sides to a story.

You are not supporting the TTP, yet you are justifying their actions against the state, it's arms, and it's people.
How is that supposed to make sense ?

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

when your women and children die infront of you then we'll talk

Have you seen yours ?
If not then I guess you can't talk either, eh ?

People should realize that the terrorists have committed the most atrocities against innocent Pakistani tribals, they have committed the biggest crimes by killing tribal elders/jirgas. There have been many incidents where terrorists blew themselves up during funerals, killing many tribal elders. They even blew themselves up on Eid, & killed innocent Muslims inside mosques. The tribal people hate these terrorists, & back the military to root out these terrorists. The tribal people in the Khyber Agency had been asked to relocate temporarily to other regions before the Khyber operation started. Same was the case in Kurram & Orakzai. The people getting killed in these operations are the terrorists, not the innocent tribals that had been held hostage by these terrorists because of the neglect of the government/military in the past.

Two wrongs do not make a right. Even if TTP is WRONG/Terrorist, it doesnt mean we (army) bomb them too, and let america do the same and keep supporting uncle sam for $$$$..

if TTP kills innocent people. Army kills innocent people.
TTP is foreign funded (i highly doubt it), Pakistan Army is foreign funded too ($$$)
TTP says its fighting for Islam, Pakistan Army says its fighting for Pakistan
TTP fights America too, Pakistan Army kisses their feet
TTP bombed mosques, Pakistan Army bombed mosques...
TTP lies... Pakistan Army lies...

I just dont get it.. People who oppose TTP, why do they support the Army?

You couldn't post single evidence for your this claim.
TTP is foreign funded (i highly doubt it), Pakistan Army is foreign funded too ($$$)
There are many proofs including When 911 happen Abdullah Masoud was in US and was arrested and he was the only one person who was release un damaged (while non other pakistan could return without demage as of today). Mullah FM's FM Radio was so high tech at that time, that PA didn't had any means to block or trace that radio broadcast location. Also, when PA was fighting against them in Swat, TTP were carrying Night Visions, automatic weapons and artillery, and PA was defenseless against that (At that time)

TTP is not fighting for Islam, they are kharjies (already proved in this thread and many Scholars has given fatwa against them). They are only Mis guiding in the name of Islam. But yes Pakistani Army is fighting for Pakistan but they are muslims (unlike TTP, who are not even muslims).

TTP is not fighting with US, and their stay in Aghanistan clears that up. Also PA is not fighting for US, since US want PA to start operation in North Waziristan, Quetta etc, while PA only started operations where PA had interests like bajour, SW, Swat etc.

PA don't bomd mosques. Not a single incident other then LAL Masjid.

what ever....

Since they are defending PAKISTAN, a country which were made in the name of Islam, the country who is the only Hope for Muslim world, A country which has given us freedom, identity and what ever we are today. There is corruption, but that can be removed if we get time to change our raiders from this TTP bullshit.

PA don't bomd mosques. Not a single incident other then LAL Masjid.

Let me explain this one , although am not supporter of violence and killing , ppl in that musjid were involved in extreme terror activities.

Kidnapping foreign women.
HOW CHINESE ANGER FORCED MUSHARRAF TO ACT AGAINST LAL MASJID
HOW CHINESE ANGER FORCED MUSHARRAF TO ACT AGAINST LAL MASJID

Female Gundas/ Terrorist
screenhunter_09_may_14_0054.gif

Burning shops
lal-masjid-arsonists.thumbnail.gif

Militancy against the state
28+March+2007,+shows+radical+Pakistani+cleric+Abdul+Aziz+(2-R)+surrounded+by+guards+as+he+stands+on+a+roof+of+the+Lal+Masjid+or+Red+Mosque+during+a+protest+in+Islamabad.jpg

and many other terror activities if you require i can post...

All this terror activity was happening in the right heart of Islamabad , politicians failed to resolve issue, terror has to be stopped by all means . Army has done its duty , well done :tup: .

Two wrongs do not make a right. Even if TTP is WRONG/Terrorist, it doesnt mean we (army) bomb them too, and let america do the same and keep supporting uncle sam for $$$$..

What do you propose ? We ask the TTP to march in to Islamabad in an all inspiring parade and just take Pakistan ?
The Army's purpose is to neutralize threats to the state which it is doing in fighting the TTP.

Unless you consider the terrorists to be innocent, your post makes no sense.

Pakistan Army's budget of US$5.6 Billion per Annum is largely self-generated, secondly, America paid us US$ 2Billion in damages for all Ops from 2008-present, our defence budget is 5.6 Billion, do the math and see if the army is foreign funded.

Ok, so ?

1) TTP doesn't fight America, in 2009 spokesperson of Afghan Taliban Mullah Toor Jan issued a statement saying that:
"The Taliban have no franchise in Pakistan, jihad in Pakistan is not valid against the people of Pakistan and it's military because it is not a muslim land under foreign occupation. All fighters allying themselves with the Taliban are requested to either dissociate themselves with the name or to join the Jihad in Afghanistan"
2) If the Army kissed their feet, we wouldn't be having these, tense diplomatic relations.

Source ? And this time try to find an ACTUAL source other than an Al-Qaeda video or a Taliban video which you certainly seem to know a lot about, especially for someone living in the states.

Example ?

You are confused, all most all the people living in Pakistan have either lost someone in this war against civilians launched by the terrorists or have been significantly influenced by it. That's why they support the Army in rooting out these terrorists.

You need a bona fide source, Al-Qaeda doesn't fit the bill. How come NO other source reported this incident ?
No Pakistani, Afghan or international channel ? Logic suggests that they didn't report it because IT NEVER HAPPENED.

1) I won't post it because by uploading it to the web, I'll basically be flagging myself as a terrorist.
2) Ok, here's stuff that we do know that the Taliban/Al-Qaeda claim that we know is bullshit.
a) Polio drops are actually Bush's urine.
b) White race was conceived through bestiality.
c) Salt with Iodine is meant to make muslims sterile.
That much for the credibility of your source.

It doesn't say anywhere that 5000 out of 6000 bombs missed their targets, neither does it say that the Airforce has a 15% hit-rate. It says that 15% of the objectives have been achieved and the rest of the matter should to sorted through dialogue. Kindly read the actual piece in it's context before quoting it.

1) Afghan situation was completely different. The Soviets purposefully bombed villages suspected of sheltering the rebels.
2) Drone attacks are not free of collateral damage because they are usually employed to target terrorist leaders hiding in densely populated areas in areas where the military has no presence, eg: NWA where as the air strikes were conducted against isolated Taliban posts on mountains that were attacking Military interests in the valleys.

Army and ISI are two DISTINCTLY separate entities.
I don't think Pakistan's Legal System recognizes the writ of Habeas Corpus unless it is invoked by The Hague for the detainee in question. Which I believe, hasn't been the case.
Where did you quote the Marriot suspect ? I must have missed that. Kindly repeat your argument.

1) British Citizens of Pakistani origin are still British and if their government calls for extraction of information, even through torture then how is this our headache ?
2) Torture is a part of the intel gathering process around the world. So please decide, are you against the ISI or the global method of intel gathering ? Secondly, Gestapo was infamous for "On the Spot Justice", if you can present a case where ISI killed someone on site without trial or arrest(and prove it), then I will consider this argument.
3) Torture isn't legal anywhere but as I said, it's a part of the Intel gathering system around the world.

He probably knows he aided terrorists in the killing of innocents and thus he is in custody.

That bastard is lucky he was born in Pakistan otherwise he would have been arrested, extraordinary rendition envoked and sent to some third country to be tortured for information. Terrorists get the same treatment world over.

no answer...............if you believe in bonafide source than what about bbc documentry report about talibs taking help from pak army???any answer ...i said before not a single journalist is free to go there and report independently
and if he does then meets saleem shehzad fate...
army also plays foul while launching reports one example
drone attacks started from 2003 and in 2004 it killed naek mohamad meanwhile army through ISPR claimed they killed naek mohammad in airstrike, drone attacks continued in 2005 while army still chanting "we did this" slogan untill an indepentend journalist hayat khan reported a photo after a strike which showed an unexploded part of american hellfire missle....result hayat khan dead body was recovered mutilated from a dump
can you explain why army lied in 2003-2006 about drone attacks????
you find any difference in al qaeda and army on this part??? both present twisted facts???

video...........by uploading only you don't get flagged as terrorist. there are plenty of forums on which plenty of taliban alqaeda videos are posted just for analysis and study are they flagged as terrorist???
here is a suggetion write a good description negating and tearing apart all the claims made in that video.
polio......... i don't know about it post it i will see, as far as i am concerned i have watched plenty of propoganda videos but didn't find any stuff although i think they really exaggerate there success meaning they killed 100 soldiers etc

airchief........... 15% success in achieving objectives you just said it..........what does it means?? after 6000 bombs 10000 combat mission only 15% objectives?? is this a joke??? i think objective was eliminating terrorists by killing them isn't??? killing means hitting them and 15% means 5000 boms missed....dialogue??? a joke, i think swat operation started after dialogue failed correct me if i m wrong, now what dialogue means now after 6000 bombs

refugees...............i think there are plenty of mountains in afganistan too which can serve as shelter for insurgents and soviets bombed populations while leaving them at mountains???they would have been finding insurgent leadership in population???
what about ttp leadership hiding in sararoga, makeen, ladha and other population were they targeted inflicting "small" collateral damage, i think drones are more accurate than jdams and other bombs of paf...

habeas corpus........... you get it wrong, in legal language it means a right of a person to be produced before court thats why person arrested by police is produced before court with evidence and if evidence is not strong the person is released on bail othrwise reamnd is granted understand???
where is this right in case of missing persons????

mariot case............9 persons accused of terrorism in marriot were aquitted by court were on there release picked up by ISI from adiala jail and when supreme court ordered ISI to produce then in court first they denied any involvement later acknowlegded there detention and defied the court order

torture......................torture is inevitable in terrorism cases, crux of your discussion..
CIA exercised torture so did the ISI difference???? and what about rights ???
gestapo and isi both trample over basic human rights
intel gathering system??? just study the abu zubaida case on wikipedia....abu zubaida was cooperating with cia before being tortured and after he only refused.

18 year old guy.......... after 2 years of interrogation how many information has been gathered???where are the culprits???mastermind???planning place??? and in which court case is placed????
lucky pal facing same techniques(torture) but still lucky to be in home country hooooa........but dr afia wasnot as lucky as him to remain in home country and others which were sent to guitmo..

no answer...............if you believe in bonafide source than what about bbc documentry report about talibs taking help from pak army???any answer ...i said before not a single journalist is free to go there and report independently

It's a report, it's not news. If it had been based on facts it would have been news. There's a difference between the two.
If journalists weren't free to criticize the army then Hamid Mir and Najam Sethi should have met the sack a long time ago.

and if he does then meets saleem shehzad fate...

My last argument still stands in this regard, PROVE that he was killed by the agencies or the military.

army also plays foul while launching reports one example
drone attacks started from 2003 and in 2004 it killed naek mohamad meanwhile army through ISPR claimed they killed naek mohammad in airstrike, drone attacks continued in 2005 while army still chanting "we did this" slogan untill an indepentend journalist hayat khan reported a photo after a strike which showed an unexploded part of american hellfire missle....result hayat khan dead body was recovered mutilated from a dump
can you explain why army lied in 2003-2006 about drone attacks????

At that time, Drone attacks were a part of a covert op to get high priority militant targets without having to launch a military offensive in the tribal areas. As long as the military was in power, only 9 drone strikes occurred which show that this weapon was reserved for targets that were of high priority and confirmed by intel.
After Musharraf left and ISI/CIA relations deteriorated, the Americans began using the drones based on their own intel and will. Thus the increase in frequency of attacks.
And please do not distort facts. Although his family alleged at the time of his death that he was killed by the government. Local insurgents later admitted that they killed him because he was an alleged American spy.

you find any difference in al qaeda and army on this part??? both present twisted facts???
Examples of facts twisted by the Army ?

video...........by uploading only you don't get flagged as terrorist. there are plenty of forums on which plenty of taliban alqaeda videos are posted just for analysis and study are they flagged as terrorist???

They repost videos available on the web, I will have to post this on the net before showing it to you. It presents a considerable risk.

here is a suggetion write a good description negating and tearing apart all the claims made in that video.
I need not waste my time. We showed it to journalists from far and wide and they concur with our assessment that the footage is doctored.

polio......... i don't know about it post it i will see, as far as i am concerned i have watched plenty of propoganda videos but didn't find any stuff although i think they really exaggerate there success meaning they killed 100 soldiers etc
You can find plenty of propaganda posters on this as well, tell you what. Get any pathan on this forum, TaimiKhan will be a good choice and ask him about these claims. Anyone living in those areas will testify that the Taliban made considerable use of these for propaganda reasons.

airchief........... 15% success in achieving objectives you just said it..........what does it means?? after 6000 bombs 10000 combat mission only 15% objectives?? is this a joke??? i think objective was eliminating terrorists by killing them isn't??? killing means hitting them and 15% means 5000 boms missed....dialogue??? a joke, i think swat operation started after dialogue failed correct me if i m wrong, now what dialogue means now after 6000 bombs

1) By achieving 15% of their objectives it means that they met 15% of the operational workload. The rest has to be met by ground forces and political forces, it doesn't refer to destroying targets. It refers to completing the op.
2) The objective of calling in an Airstrike is not to "Kill Terrorists" rather to destroy their positions so that they cannot use them to ambush military and civilian convoys.
3) These stats are post-Talks. Before the breakdown of the Nizam-e-adal, there had not been a single military action against the terrorists in Swat.

refugees...............i think there are plenty of mountains in afganistan too which can serve as shelter for insurgents and soviets bombed populations while leaving them at mountains???they would have been finding insurgent leadership in population???
what about ttp leadership hiding in sararoga, makeen, ladha and other population were they targeted inflicting "small" collateral damage, i think drones are more accurate than jdams and other bombs of paf...

1) Why do we find TTP terrorists hiding in our communities ? For the simple reason that it is easier to blend in, otherwise there is no shortage of mountains in Pakistan either.
2) Present 1 case where the PAF struck a populated area ? Priority-targets were always cleared through ground op, even though it cost us in terms of men and material.

habeas corpus........... you get it wrong, in legal language it means a right of a person to be produced before court thats why person arrested by police is produced before court with evidence and if evidence is not strong the person is released on bail othrwise reamnd is granted understand???
where is this right in case of missing persons????

I understood you the first time and I said that I unless the SC orders us to observe this clause, military detainees are not allowed to exercise this right. These are prisoners of war, they are not your common criminals.

mariot case............9 persons accused of terrorism in marriot were aquitted by court were on there release picked up by ISI from adiala jail and when supreme court ordered ISI to produce then in court first they denied any involvement later acknowlegded there detention and defied the court order

Thank you for repeating, I said before that the intel agencies are legally allowed to detain suspects as long as need be without warrant if they are thought to present a threat to the nation. This practice is not peculiar to Pakistan but is practised globally.

torture......................torture is inevitable in terrorism cases, crux of your discussion..
CIA exercised torture so did the ISI difference???? and what about rights ???
gestapo and isi both trample over basic human rights
intel gathering system??? just study the abu zubaida case on wikipedia....abu zubaida was cooperating with cia before being tortured and after he only refused.

Like I said before, our society vest a certain degree of authority in our agencies to protect them. The information these people hide is necessary for the protection of our people and if they share it willingly, they are rewarded. If not, then steps have to be taken to extract that information. You cannot criticize JUST the ISI or CIA or MI6 or Mosaad or FSB on this. It is a part of the global method for extraction of information.
I need not study the Abu-Zubaida case because the victim was not tortured by our agencies even after co-operating. What the CIA does is for the Americans to defend or denounce.

18 year old guy.......... after 2 years of interrogation how many information has been gathered???where are the culprits???mastermind???planning place??? and in which court case is placed????

Like I said, the attack on parade lane was a military case and the accused was an adult. He has most probably been sentenced by a military tribunal.

lucky pal facing same techniques(torture) but still lucky to be in home country hooooa........but dr afia wasnot as lucky as him to remain in home country and others which were sent to guitmo.

1) She was an American citizen and is thus subject to American laws.
2) She was not taken from Pakistan, rather she was taken from Afghanistan as confirmed by her former husband.
3) She was a fanatic as she divorced her husband for not going to Afghanistan to fight ISAF and married a recognized terrorist.

Do a bit of research on this issue, you will find that things are different from how politicians paint it.

The core reason PAKISTAN is facing a war inside is because WE ARE ALLIES in the war on terror. The day we STOP being ALLIES, I won't be against our army, who was supposed to safeguard us. Not $ell us for Dollar$. I don't want to PRAISE an army, where just "watching or uploading a taliban video" will get me labeled as a terrorist (an above post...)

Please, for a second, think from a different angle. WHY does a person willingly blow himself/herself up. And not just one? WHY does a person leave wealth, easy city life and go live in the mountains to fight a super power? I am not saying that they are necessarly right.. Just THINK with an OPEN mind and SEE if we are at fault too?

Remember, ALLAH will NOT ask YOU, Who was Mullah Omer or Osama bin Laden or TTP? He will ask us, WHAT did WE do when OUR brothers, sisters, children were being killed by Non muslims in Afghanistan (and now Pakistan). Did we support them? Or fought against them? Or sat quietly?

i think this will be my last post on this topic as honestly, I've not seen any positive outcome due to online/forums/chats etc. I also waste a lot of time which I could (and should) have used constructly somewhere else. Allah will also ask me about my time spent, and I fear I have no justification.

And I pray to Allah to help and guide us all! TTP, army, civilians, politicians etc etc and give us Hidaya. And help whoever is Right against the Wrong.

Ameen
Peace

Assalam-ua-laykum

Whereas sovereignty over the entire Universe belongs to Almighty Allah alone

no doubt on this.

democracy, freedom, equality, tolerance and social justice, as enunciated by Islam , Muslims shall be enabled to order their lives in the individual and collective spheres in accordance with the teachings and requirements

ofc no doubt on this.

but who is attacking our democracy, freedom, equality, tolerance and social justice,

These retarded zombie TTPs ,

well done Pak Army my salute to you for defending our freedoms , from both internal and external threats.:tup:

Geo Pakistan
:pakistan:

Because Pakistan army has a sworn duty to defend the country and its people. You wont get it because you choose not to.

we would seek and destroy the TTP for free but if someone is willing to pay us for that then its only too good, why are you complaining? There was no army operation before the TTP emerged and started to terrorise the country. But if its not good enough for you then pray that the TTP leadership orders its followers to lay down their arms and then surrender and be prepared for justice.

And if TTP wants to continue with its terrorism then we will continue to support the army because they are responding to the threat of TTP and going after them in every cave, every mountain and every rat hole until every TTP pest is found and removed from our country.

Pakistan had an international obligation to UN resolutions and TTP used the resulting chaos to its advantage and waged a war against the state using the invasion of Afghanistan as an excuse. while it can justify receiving funds from Salafi Arab sympathisers and cause death and destruction in the country then why are you complaining about our sources to help fight the war against these pests?

Swat has been cleared of these pests and there is no longer any operation. once they are smoked out of their rat holes and eradicated

Back
Top Bottom