What's new

Dear Indians, can we get rid of the superiority complex?

I have noticed this misplaced superiority complex among our people (Yes this includes virtually all the countries in south Asia). We tend to highlight and exaggerate our accomplishments (which has been minimal when compared to what we accomplished as a group of people in the ancient times) in order to compensate for our obvious flaws.

Example :
"the country X is poor and corrupted"
response...
"Well our economy is one of the fastest growing bla bla bla bla and we are the most successful ethic groups in America"

I have noticed this misplaced superiority complex among our people (Yes this includes virtually all the countries in south Asia). We tend to highlight and exaggerate our accomplishments (which has been minimal when compared to what we accomplished as a group of people in the ancient times) in order to compensate for our obvious flaws.

Example :
"the country X is poor and corrupted"
response...
"Well our economy is one of the fastest growing bla bla bla bla and we are the most successful ethic groups in America"
I would blame the sudden economic prosperity of middle class for this phenomena. Suddenly we opened up and are on world stage in a big way. Indian economy grew and most people under 30 have seen things getting better not worse.
Constant media campaign like shining India and tons of feel good stories everyday also makes us feel unnecessarily proud.

Superiority Complex or Inferiority complex,at least make up ur mind.:coffee:

I see an anime fan here, great to see that on PDF.

Oh, regarding your question, actually, no, most of chose Islam by consensus and most of them because of Sufi saints. So, no, not really.

Abrahamic religions spread by force. Only place in the subcontinent it didnt spread that way, is in South India.

Superiority complex?

lol...indians have an inferiority complex. Deep inferiority complex. That is why they worship their white masters...and are utterly getting westernized and don't even feel bad about it.

Superior civilizations like China or Islamic World (Umbrella Civilization) are giant civilizations that have resisted westernization, and at the same time are trying to modernize themselves...and haven't become 'lackeys' of West...specially the masses of these giant civilizations aren't "bowing down" to every Western command/system/thing....

Islamic World massively influenced West when it was on top (7th to 18th century) and now West is on top and its influence is felt, too. But great cultures influence each other all the time..thats normal..but getting completely "westernized" is a different thing...Japan, South Korea are examples of how people lose their identity to become "westernized" ..Indians are very same...

You can see how obsessed indians are with being 'white' ...pathetic.

Why is Pakistani dragged into this thread

Why not? whenever Pakistanis choose to insult Indians or bangladeshis they use the word 'darkies.' Or cow **** drinking 'darkie indians'

North Indians call south indians 'darkies' and South Indians insult their own brethren who have dark skin.

South Asia as a whole is bigoted.

Pakistanis using skin color as an insult is so ubiquitous. same thing with Indians.

because we have nothing else to show at this moment

Superiority complex?

lol...indians have an inferiority complex. Deep inferiority complex. That is why they worship their white masters...and are utterly getting westernized and don't even feel bad about it.

Superior civilizations like China or Islamic World (Umbrella Civilization) are giant civilizations that have resisted westernization, and at the same time are trying to modernize themselves...and haven't become 'lackeys' of West...specially the masses of these giant civilizations aren't "bowing down" to every Western command/system/thing....

Islamic World massively influenced West when it was on top (7th to 18th century) and now West is on top and its influence is felt, too. But great cultures influence each other all the time..thats normal..but getting completely "westernized" is a different thing...Japan, South Korea are examples of how people lose their identity to become "westernized" ..Indians are very same...

You can see how obsessed indians are with being 'white' ...pathetic.
I can see the frustration here of a Pakistani :lol:

Superiority complex? Ok, let's start with the arrogance of PC Chidambaran and Kapil Sibal.

our driver is a bangladeshi.....now i m feeling superior hell yeeaahhh

Why is Pakistani dragged into this thread

Why not? whenever Pakistanis choose to insult Indians or bangladeshis they use the word 'darkies.' Or cow **** drinking 'darkie indians'

North Indians call south indians 'darkies' and South Indians insult their own brethren who have dark skin.

South Asia as a whole is bigoted.

Pakistanis using skin color as an insult is so ubiquitous. same thing with Indians.

Bangladeshis?

seriously?

Having become free after remaining enslaved for millenniums, the Hindu naturally likes to show off.

Racist remarks, reported.

Similar jibes on Muslims would I am sure not be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom