Dealing with rape topics

Status
Not open for further replies.

livingdead

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Currently rape related news is quite popular on pdf, but I would like to be a killjoy and suggest the following to improve the quality of posts.

1. Rape related news banned : In all the countries represented here, it is not incorrect to assume that they will have at least 1 rape or similar incident per day. Populous countries like India, pakistan and bd have thausands of cases per year, do we need to post each of them here?
If the answer is yes, then kindly open a sticky and post all of them in that thread.

2. Analysis about rape/violence against women allowed : As most people are sensive to the issue and its quite important social issue (in India at least), we should be allowed to analyse it, like any other social issue.

All the rape related news should be archived in one thread only with minor exceptions made for special/extreme cases such as the Delhi bus rape.

Currently rape related news is quite popular on pdf, but I would like to be a killjoy and suggest the following to improve the quality of posts.

1. Rape related news banned : In all the countries represented here, it is not incorrect to assume that they will have at least 1 rape or similar incident per day. Populous countries like India, pakistan and bd have thausands of cases per year, do we need to post each of them here?
If the answer is yes, then kindly open a sticky and post all of them in that thread.

2. Analysis about rape/violence against women allowed : As most people are sensive to the issue and its quite important social issue (in India at least), we should be allowed to analyse it, like any other social issue.

Are you a dictator??
Are you a moderator?
Are you a Think tank??
Are you a Mini Think Tank??
Are you Defense Editor??
Have you Opinionator Title??

Don't dictate the senior people, moderators, Think Tanks!!

Some but hurt guys here try to open this kind of threads on India, when somebody from India posts this news in pakistan or China then it becomes banned topic as usual.

Then there are lot of false flags who wander here trolling and bringing the quality of PDF down to pathetic state.

Is that really necessary? On a defence forum? :undecided:

I was always in favour of banning everything about India except Defence news. Indian economic news irritates me a lot when people start arguing unnecessarily. When so many things I dislike are allowed, it is ok if people are happy talking about rape threads but it should only be discussed within the rules.

I was always in favour of banning everything about India except Defence news. Indian economic news irritates me a lot when people start arguing unnecessarily. When so many things I dislike are allowed, it is ok if people are happy talking about rape threads but it should only be discussed within the rules.

totally agree with you

Agreed... why cant we have a sticky for rape related news. Because rape, although we all agree is a heinous crime, is hardly rare in any country unlike other incidents. Yes, delhi bus one was exception due to public interest.

Hardly any one talks here sensible about sensitive social evil like rape so its better to ban this issue here, whats the use of discussing it in defense issues site

The only defence news policy for India will be great. Can it be implemented?

Discussing it is one thing, using it to score points is another. For example one certain Jr TT(not going to name any names) has opened 6 rape threads in the past 2-3 days. I mean imagine the life of such people, open google, type "rape in xyz country" and post a thread. If the person was genuinely concerned about such issues he would open similar threads about his country too, its not like it doesn't happen there. And say if Indians "retaliate" we get warning/infractions.

There is no harm is doing mature discussion on these issues, but then maturity is not the forte of many here on PDF, even I tend to get carried away sometimes. "Indians are rapists" "India is a rapist country" "Hindus are disgusting" "Its in their religion" "Its their culture" soon starts flowing around, its very off-putting.

Are you a dictator??
Are you a moderator?
Are you a Think tank??
Are you a Mini Think Tank??
Are you Defense Editor??
Have you Opinionator Title??

Don't dictate the senior people, moderators, Think Tanks!!
this is suggestion section.. I also mentioned it as such.. :undecided:

somehow i am agree with @hinduguy rape tpoics are not sutible for defence forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
somehow i am agree with @hinduguy rape tpoics are not sutible for defence forum.

i did not say that.. i said we dont have open one thead for each incident of rape, there are lot of non defence related matters discussed so why not rape/sexual violence but it will be easier to moderate if we get some rules @Zakii

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom