What's new

Dawood is in Pak, says Interpol boss

I hope your compatriot will not claim that Chot Rajan was hiding in Pakistan.

He quit dawood gang bcoz Dawood assisted foreign ageny by carrying out mumbai bomb blast.

And rajan ran away to malaysia not pak

In one state you have different laws for different religous minorities.
What about Hindu mobs burning and killing muslim babies with sowrds.

its internal problem of india.Some people got life sentence few days back.

They were not used by foreign agency to bomb innocent people around mumbai killing 1000 people,who has no relation .Gujrat riots were after effects of godhra.

And hindu fanatics didnt run away from india ,like dawood is running his business empire in dubai/karanchi.Most of the hindu criminals are getting tried in india.some are convicted!!

Gujrat is a secular state.it has parsee,jews,hindu,muslim,sikhs and christian.
it has a synagogue in ahmedabad.

I read in news Indian Jails are mostly filled with Muslims, arrested under martial laws like TADA and POTA.

Those who committ crimes are criminals irrespective of religion.Law doesnt differentiate among any religions.

Indian Muslims are crying that they are deprived of opportunities and Hindus are given preference in any possible competion senario.

Indian musilms who were educated moved to pakistan.Left ones were the most backward.In case of hindus ,everyone (99%) moved on to india ..
There is no comarison.what can india do if muslim clerics dont allow a child to accept polio treatment.we cant force them to study?They like to do the profession they are good at ,like handicraft,cottage jobs ,business...The constitution doesnt say that hei u r a muslim ,u wont get a job.Everyone is treate equally.Anyway muslims in india are 58% literate, more than pakistan...the only point is that competition is tough in india,so jobs are difficult to achieve.
All Indian Muslims are treated at airports like foreign spies. Kashmiri Muslims does not even posses ID or Passports. They are not allowed to travell abroad.

GOI has to take precaution.We knw that few country take advantage of our huge muslims population to pump terrorist.Have u been to UK/USA.they frisk u from top 2 bottom..well india has faced many terrorist attack(IC814 hijack ,aeroplane hijack/crash by khalistani terrorist) and security professionals have to follow their priority.

don tell me ,it doesnt happen in pakistan once u visit outside...

well regarding kashmir,they are nt allowed to visit outside without govt special visa!!!

we dont want another wind of terrorism in kashmir which is slowing down these days!!

Guys irrespective of religion, killing a human is a crime and should be punished....

JJ, Many, thanks for your frank views. As usuall It all started with some flame bate.
Any way, you also have to believe that we are also victim of terrorism which is sponsored and engineered by foreign agencies and they target school buses. :tdown:

2. TADA and POTA - are laws for prevention of terrorism, many supporters of LTTE are also arrested in it. Because most kashmiri terrorism supporters are muslim does not mean that only muslims are arrested.

Your media has kept you in the dark about India.

Yes indeed dear our media has kept us in dark over your Draconian POTA and TADA. So i think we Pakistanis should get information from Indian media over Indian Draconian laws.-
-------------------------------------

Human Rights Diary

Turmoil in Manipur

Unrestricted power to security forces must go

by Kuldip Nayar

I HAVE seen it happening in Kashmir: men baring their chests and challenging the security forces to shoot them. What youthful Kashmir leader Yasin Malik was demanding when he went on fast unto death for the first time was that Amnesty International should visit the valley to report on the violations of human rights. Foreigners could not be allowed. He agreed to an Indian team which confirmed the atrocities committed by the security forces. Still there was no let-up in the excesses. The result is the alienation of practically every Kashmiri.

Manipur is going the same way. A dozen women paraded naked in Imphal the other day and chided the Army, “take our flesh”. The response of the security forces was no different. They picked up the defiant Manorma Devi as they did in Kashmir with all those who did not “obey” the law. Her family, too, like several households in the valley, was given a memo by security personnel that Manorma would be “handed over to the nearest police station the next morning”. Instead, her body was found with multiple torture and bullet marks.

How familiar is the response of the Congress-led government which has co-opted quite a few NGOs and which has the support of the Left. There is no proposal to repeal the draconian Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA). So far it operates in the North-East and Kashmir besides Andhra Pradesh and Punjab. It gives a jawan powers to search any premises at his will, detain a person without warrants and shoot to kill without any warning. New Delhi should realise that certain laws are bad in concept and content. Even when they are enacted — AFSPA was passed by Parliament when Jawaharlal Nehru was the Prime Minister — they have to be examined again and again to see whether they had served their purpose. What held good in 1958, provided it was at all “good” at that time, could not be true today.

If a government wants to depend on “extra-judicial powers” to administer any part of the country even after 57 years of Independence, there is something basically wrong with the approach of that government. Former Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission Ranganath Mishra admitted that AFSPA was “grossly misused”. The present government cannot brush aside his criticism because he was brought to the Rajya Sabha on the Congress ticket.

All governments suffer from a false sense of prestige. The Congress-led government should have been more considerate and humane when Manipur is in the midst of an agitation over the misuse of AFSPA. The state Chief Minister sits at Delhi for several days. He should have returned with something concrete. There was not even an official statement to regret the killings of the past or to announce the amendment, if not the repeal, of AFSPA. Even a clerk in the Home Ministry would have anticipated the protest if the Chief Minister went back empty-handed. This was what happened. People came out in the streets to demand for the repeal of AFSPA. The government answer was on the expected lines. There was police firing on thousands of demonstrators. Many students in the throng were injured.

Such methods to curb insurgency or militancy are responsible for driving people to the wall. Even an ordinary person loses his or her cool. Manipur, Jammu and Kashmir and parts of Andhra Pradesh remain disturbed because the basic problems like employment have not been solved. The rulers should realise that the armed forces are not there to solve political problems. The government and the complainants have to sit together, across the table, to solve them.

Since the security forces are used to “rough and ready” methods, they do not know how to deal with those who differ or defy. They are dissenters, not the country’s enemy. For the armed forces, there is a target or a salient feature to be possessed. This cannot be the approach when our own nationals are involved. I do not know how the claim that AFSPA has “helped the Centre to fight militancy”. If an independent assessment were to be made it would be found that if there was one piece of legislation which had made people to raise their standard of revolt, it was AFSPA. Manorma’s family members tell how the jawans dragged her out of the bed, beat up the family members when they tried to intervene and thrashed her brutally for almost half an hour. Is this the enforcement of the Act.

Partial amendment of AFSPA will not do. Untrammelled power is bad to whichever hand you give it. The solution is not to entrust anyone with unchecked power. It is bound to be misused. The operation of TADA and POTA shows that. What is comical is that even though TADA lapsed nine years ago, the detainees under it continue to stay behind the bars. The government has announced that POTA will go. The Left has also said so with all the flourish. Why was there not an Ordinance to repeal it on the day the government assumed power? A Bill will be passed by Parliament. I am sure of that. But what could have been done nearly eight weeks ago awaits formal legislation.

The problem is that whichever government is there it is the establishment that rules. It has its own norms which are not liberal. It has its own way of governance which is hurtful to people. Today it is POTA, tomorrow it will be something different. Home Minister Shiv Raj Patil says that some part of POTA has to be retained. Similarly, if and when AFSPA is amended, its teeth will remain. This is the refuge of the rulers in the system which has to stay democratic. Parties that come to power use it as a cover. The question which should be posed to them is: Whose country is it, any way?

The Human Rights Commission in the states should see that the rights of people are protected. I have received complaints from Punjab that “some officials in high and responsible position are not paying heed to the orders of the commission. This is unfortunate. Even the commission behaves strangely. A petitioner says that his case was disposed of even when there was no discussion in the matter and when there was no redress to Human Rights violation.

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Opinions

Yes indeed dear our media has kept us in dark over your Draconian POTA and TADA. So i think we Pakistanis should get information from Indian media over Indian Draconian laws.-
-------------------------------------

Human Rights Diary

Turmoil in Manipur

Unrestricted power to security forces must go

by Kuldip Nayar

I HAVE seen it happening in Kashmir: men baring their chests and challenging the security forces to shoot them. What youthful Kashmir leader Yasin Malik was demanding when he went on fast unto death for the first time was that Amnesty International should visit the valley to report on the violations of human rights. Foreigners could not be allowed. He agreed to an Indian team which confirmed the atrocities committed by the security forces. Still there was no let-up in the excesses. The result is the alienation of practically every Kashmiri.

Manipur is going the same way. A dozen women paraded naked in Imphal the other day and chided the Army, “take our flesh”. The response of the security forces was no different. They picked up the defiant Manorma Devi as they did in Kashmir with all those who did not “obey” the law. Her family, too, like several households in the valley, was given a memo by security personnel that Manorma would be “handed over to the nearest police station the next morning”. Instead, her body was found with multiple torture and bullet marks.

How familiar is the response of the Congress-led government which has co-opted quite a few NGOs and which has the support of the Left. There is no proposal to repeal the draconian Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA). So far it operates in the North-East and Kashmir besides Andhra Pradesh and Punjab. It gives a jawan powers to search any premises at his will, detain a person without warrants and shoot to kill without any warning. New Delhi should realise that certain laws are bad in concept and content. Even when they are enacted — AFSPA was passed by Parliament when Jawaharlal Nehru was the Prime Minister — they have to be examined again and again to see whether they had served their purpose. What held good in 1958, provided it was at all “good” at that time, could not be true today.

If a government wants to depend on “extra-judicial powers” to administer any part of the country even after 57 years of Independence, there is something basically wrong with the approach of that government. Former Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission Ranganath Mishra admitted that AFSPA was “grossly misused”. The present government cannot brush aside his criticism because he was brought to the Rajya Sabha on the Congress ticket.

All governments suffer from a false sense of prestige. The Congress-led government should have been more considerate and humane when Manipur is in the midst of an agitation over the misuse of AFSPA. The state Chief Minister sits at Delhi for several days. He should have returned with something concrete. There was not even an official statement to regret the killings of the past or to announce the amendment, if not the repeal, of AFSPA. Even a clerk in the Home Ministry would have anticipated the protest if the Chief Minister went back empty-handed. This was what happened. People came out in the streets to demand for the repeal of AFSPA. The government answer was on the expected lines. There was police firing on thousands of demonstrators. Many students in the throng were injured.

Such methods to curb insurgency or militancy are responsible for driving people to the wall. Even an ordinary person loses his or her cool. Manipur, Jammu and Kashmir and parts of Andhra Pradesh remain disturbed because the basic problems like employment have not been solved. The rulers should realise that the armed forces are not there to solve political problems. The government and the complainants have to sit together, across the table, to solve them.

Since the security forces are used to “rough and ready” methods, they do not know how to deal with those who differ or defy. They are dissenters, not the country’s enemy. For the armed forces, there is a target or a salient feature to be possessed. This cannot be the approach when our own nationals are involved. I do not know how the claim that AFSPA has “helped the Centre to fight militancy”. If an independent assessment were to be made it would be found that if there was one piece of legislation which had made people to raise their standard of revolt, it was AFSPA. Manorma’s family members tell how the jawans dragged her out of the bed, beat up the family members when they tried to intervene and thrashed her brutally for almost half an hour. Is this the enforcement of the Act.

Partial amendment of AFSPA will not do. Untrammelled power is bad to whichever hand you give it. The solution is not to entrust anyone with unchecked power. It is bound to be misused. The operation of TADA and POTA shows that. What is comical is that even though TADA lapsed nine years ago, the detainees under it continue to stay behind the bars. The government has announced that POTA will go. The Left has also said so with all the flourish. Why was there not an Ordinance to repeal it on the day the government assumed power? A Bill will be passed by Parliament. I am sure of that. But what could have been done nearly eight weeks ago awaits formal legislation.

The problem is that whichever government is there it is the establishment that rules. It has its own norms which are not liberal. It has its own way of governance which is hurtful to people. Today it is POTA, tomorrow it will be something different. Home Minister Shiv Raj Patil says that some part of POTA has to be retained. Similarly, if and when AFSPA is amended, its teeth will remain. This is the refuge of the rulers in the system which has to stay democratic. Parties that come to power use it as a cover. The question which should be posed to them is: Whose country is it, any way?

The Human Rights Commission in the states should see that the rights of people are protected. I have received complaints from Punjab that “some officials in high and responsible position are not paying heed to the orders of the commission. This is unfortunate. Even the commission behaves strangely. A petitioner says that his case was disposed of even when there was no discussion in the matter and when there was no redress to Human Rights violation.

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Opinions

You dont have any understanding of Democratic laws and democracy.
No wonder, in your country the Chief justice is unable go get justice, and government rules with the Gun.

You dont have any understanding of Democratic laws and democracy.
POTA and TADA are democratic law in your opinion :woot:
Dude in Inida any one could be arrested extrajudicialy and it is sanctioned by Indian constitution. Statisitcs shows that this law has been primarily used to target religous minorities.

No wonder, in your country the Chief justice is unable go get justice, and government rules with the Gun.

It clearly shows that you have no understanding of legislation.

POTA and TADA are democratic law in your opinion :woot:

I believe they are and are essential..

Dude in Inida any one could be arrested extrajudicialy and it is sanctioned by Indian constitution.

I think this is the need of the hour.. India has been a long time sufferer from Proxy wars, insurgency and terrorism, this law provides much needed teeth to the Executive. In fact I believe that all those proved guilty of carrying out terror activities should be executed and all the newly surrendered militants relocated to other parts of India and their activities monitored.

[quote[Statisitcs shows that this law has been primarily used to target religous minorities.[/quote]

what statistics don't reveal then is that above average percentage of the religious minorities are involved in disruptive activities...

Normal criminal laws are obviously not meant to deal with terrorism. Every democratic country facing terror that wants to maintain its way of life is having to create sepcial anti-terror laws.

Even Pakistan is facing home grown terror now, may be more than India. I am not sure if the terrorists there are dealt with normal criminal laws or some special anti-terror laws.

Well I could not resist myself to share how pathetic and ill informed these Indian TV channels are, I recently saw documentary on Mr. Dawood Ebrahim on Ajj Tak TV which were claiming the same thing, they went so far that they started showing all the builings and assets on the name of Mr. dawood. For instance Dawood Bank, Dawood Building now as a Pakistani we all know that all these buildings belongs to Sir Dawood Ebrahim a well Known businessman who also owns dwood Yamha, but this channel was trying to prove that all these belongs to Mr. dawood ebrahim the so called terrorist.

Its a policy of all the Indian Governments and agencies to always blame Pakistan for whatever happening in India, fo them Pakistan is the easy escape goat, but for how long...I am sure not for long.

MOD EDIT: No need for that sort of stuff -

I believe they are and are essential..

I think this is the need of the hour.. India has been a long time sufferer from Proxy wars, insurgency and terrorism, this law provides much needed teeth to the Executive. In fact I believe that all those proved guilty of carrying out terror activities should be executed and all the newly surrendered militants relocated to other parts of India and their activities monitored.

[quote[Statisitcs shows that this law has been primarily used to target religous minorities.

what statistics don't reveal then is that above average percentage of the religious minorities are involved in disruptive activities...[/QUOTE]

mr. Malang,
I suppose you missed out how your media criticize Pakistan for even arresting people after armed combats.
Don't you forget that India has been sending terrorists in Pakistan long before Kashmir Singh.
Those whom you call religous minorities are in millions and you treat them as enimies. You ruin the lives of families of suspected terrorists.
Please, tell me all those arrested are charged for how many deaths?
When thousands were killed in Gujrat you hailed the obvious terrorist. Are those killed were second grade Indians?

So you guys going to turn over Dawood to Interpol or what??:angel:

When thousands were killed in Gujrat you hailed the obvious terrorist. Are those killed were second grade Indians?

How many thousands were killed? The Governemnt report states 766 Muslims and 268 Hindus. While the whole nation decried that, it is still not even a tiny fraction of what happened in 1971 in Bangladesh.

All I see most Pakistanis do is to discredit a particular number but not questioning the murders themselves. How many Pakistanis were punished for that genocide? Let me tell you: not even one!

You need to first set your house in order before pointing fingers at others. When you point one finger at India, remember 4 fingers are pointing back at you.

Back
Top Bottom