What's new

Dawn News: CPEC is not going as well as govt would have us believe

Another day... another article against CPEC on Dawn.

I stopped going to Express Tribune because of their PML-N and Indian bias. Now I'll have to stop going to Dawn and find another credible source to get my s news.
Stay with PDF for it's capability to slay any of Satan's (read RAW/MOSAD etc.) heinous and vicious plans by false propaganda via "fake news and analysis" - be it in mainstream media, social media or the army of trolls - with Zulfiker!!! Elhamdulillah we're getting increasingly proficient with every passing moment!!! Even the Pak Ordu can depend on us!!!!!! May we be accepted as Mujahit-i Kalem!!!!!

Interesting approach by dawn:
When all the projects were going ahead, dawn said: There is no transparency. Pakistan is being taken over
When some of the projects are reviewed as per Pakistani interests and corruption is addressed: Still the same screeching coming from the same quarters.

Diamer-Bhasha dam has been addressed a million times.
And, this newspaper was established at the order of Rahmetli Jinnah!!!! How difficult the task had been for Jinnah to snatch Pak out of the clutches of these boot leakers of Ram Rajya!!!! As if they're upset for not being in a social-economic status lower than that of Dalits!!! And, melancholic for missing out the opportunity to live their entire lives in the Indian Ghettos, where births are cursed and deaths are celebrated, under sub-human conditions!!! Allah Kahr etsin....

Key sentence..

Dawn has reduced itself to a click bait type newspaper since its online version readers have increased. Of course, when you put such headlines online, the website will attract a lot of traffic from across the border.

I am also thinking of developing a website on which I can post blah blah blah about Pakistan's and CPEC's failure, Chinese sinking economy, India becoming super power in the next 15 years (I can run the same title of "India to become a superpower in the next 15 years" for the next 30 years (my retirement age)).

I see this positively as this traffic earns us foreign exchange, and a false sense of pride across the border.
Yes, I have noted as well. Dawn has built up huge Indian readership and must be getting millions of hits from across the border. This then informs the type pf articles. I began noticing this some time ago. The theme often played out is "we us the same". "Chinese new East India Company". If you look at their contributors half of them are based in New Delhi.

On the subject of CPEC I do however think we have ran into stormy waters. It's too early to tell how things will play out. My feeling is the Chinese are not happy about our political situation inside the country and could be placing pressure on the government.

Yes, I have noted as well. Dawn has built up huge Indian readership and must be getting millions of hits from across the border. This then informs the type pf articles. I began noticing this some time ago. The theme often played out is "we us the same". "Chinese new East India Company". If you look at their contributors half of them are based in New Delhi.

On the subject of CPEC I do however think we have ran into stormy waters. It's too early to tell how things will play out. My feeling is the Chinese are not happy about our political situation inside the country and could be placing pressure on the government.
Have been working for the last 30 years with the yellow folks!!! It has taught me one thing - these folks are ruthless taskmasters!!! And, they simply won't let you be "off the hook"!!! They'll be after you 24/7 till the job is done!!! If they had spent money and efforts on Pak they would ensure that CPEC work smoothly as a part of their ruthlessly efficient global supply chain!!! They are the extreme forms of the "worldly"!!! Who knows Pak may need exactly that dose!!!!!

Pakistan need to strighten out their act and raise the Level to New heights we need to Learn from Chinese thought

The problem with desi people and I am putting Indians more in this statement is we cannot criticize ourselves. I worked in New Zealand for about 15 years before moving to Australia. Australia had a little more of this problem in work environment (They called it dont winge) I have retired years back at age 36, and attitudes change. But both Indians and Pakistanis never seem to get the fact that criticism and self reflection is the driver of change for the good.
Culdnt agree more with u, sir. But one can understand given the fact that pakistan has had a free media since a decade and a half only. It will take time.

Have been working for the last 30 years with the yellow folks!!! It has taught me one thing - these folks are ruthless taskmasters!!! And, they simply won't let you be "off the hook"!!! They'll be after you 24/7 till the job is done!!! If they had spent money and efforts on Pak they would ensure that CPEC work smoothly as a part of their ruthlessly efficient global supply chain!!! They are the extreme forms of the "worldly"!!! Who knows Pak may need exactly that dose!!!!!
Love ur posts. They r a treat. U r bang on here. Pak is lucky to have the yellow folks on its side.

If CPEC fails, half of Pakistan will have heart attack.

Pakistanis are so emotional. Pretty soon they will realize that what USA was giving as AID ...China is not even matching it even when it is in the form of high cost loan.

Funny thing would be when China decides to have a bigger and better project through India ( and India will not even loose a breath over it) in the lines of many such pronect being undertaken by India ...which are larger in scale and Complexities ( u will not find India or Indians talking about it)....the Pakistani guys would faint .

Pakistanis are so emotional. Pretty soon they will realize that what USA was giving as AID ...China is not even matching it even when it is in the form of high cost loan.

Funny thing would be when China decides to have a bigger and better project through India ( and India will not even loose a breath over it) in the lines of many such pronect being undertaken by India ...which are larger in scale and Complexities ( u will not find India or Indians talking about it)....the Pakistani guys would faint .

Well you are talking about it... So are you fainting due to CPEC?

Simply put CPEC has enormous potential, specially creating a route to middle east and sea trades creating a new supply chain. But the question is will it only be used by Chinese, or pakistan would be able to share the benefits as well (exports/imports). Current gov situation and climbing loans and interest are sign of worry but still my pakistani brothers should remember the example of sri lanka.
The port had enormous potential but burdened but the loan they finally leased it to china for next 99 years. I know the case is not same with pakistan and i know all the benifits/potential/developments. If Pakistan is able to hold out to CPEC project without giving full control to china, they will just be fine infact they will start to grow may be better than turkey south korea (double figure growth rate).

I like Dawn, I read it a lot but what the hell is this speculation? Ratings down from the Indian side of the border or what?
The news accurate and surprisingly the commentary as well
Govt inefficiency is well known be it tarbela dasu and many other projects...cpec has done better given chinese push but still

Don't believe in anything Dawn aka the indian/US controlled sell out newspaper. This is all part of the "hybrid war" being waged against Pakistan and CPEC. There are TV channels being controlled externally to create and encourage uncertainly and create an atmosphere of fear and disdain. Again this is all part of the hybrid war.

When you start controlling the perspective of ordinary people, then you start controlling the society. Media has become a tool of war, and there is a war going on against Pakistan.

NO offense but China has more efficient gov. than Pakistan bro, a road road project can be finished in CHINA in half a year, maybe 2years in Pakistan and 10years in India, well..... I would like CHINA gov to build roads for my hometown! and they did several years ago very efficient ly!
Can not blame CPC efficiency! CHECK the news 3years for a craft carrier in peaceful period!
India still pending.....
and time is money!

Oh really? Keep your stupid analysis to yourself please. Bringing india in every past.

Simply put CPEC has enormous potential, specially creating a route to middle east and sea trades creating a new supply chain.
People are making serious mistake in assuming the primary use of CPEC is to export Chinese products to markets in Europe/Africa/MENA and as a import route for oil products from MENA to China.

This type of thinking is flawed. We must keep in mind that 95% of Chinese population live on the Pacific seaboard. Look at the red circle below. By Gwadar the land route is long, torturous and over 3,000 miles. Most of all this would be extremely uneconomical. Only expensive products like perhaps jewellery, hi-tec electronics might pay foor themselves along such a route. These are no where on the China Pak trading radar. As regards oil that is laughable proposition. Moving oil by road is dangerous and expensive. Even then the conta flow twisting CPEC bottlenecks like in the Karakorum would never be able to handle heavy traffic. The only mediums over such long distance that might be able to make any "cut" are oil pipelines or rail transport.

cRBgpEw.jpg

So what is this all about. Well I think it's appetizer. It's just laying the ground in a step by step process. Part one is essentially opening Pakistan to China through CPEC route with a new port without all the political complications of Karachi. This will bring in Chinese industry/traders who can begin to build up trade along the corridor by opening up new opportunities and ventures. If Pakistan proves to be fertile to Chinese in in the first instance by be open to Chinese entreprenuers and in the second instance Pakistan providing them a safe enabling environment/culture then these enterprises will grow. As they grow these will link up with Western China. Down the road in two decades if the trade volumes increases to exponential level then even more invrestment in rail, pipes and motorways through the Karakorum to China.

Is there potential. Yes. Huge. For instance if Chinese agri-companies took over tracts of land in Pakistan on the irrigated Indus plains expect the agro industry to turn into multi-billion dollar industry. For instance Pakistan might become major supplier to Chinese food/agriculture market. Food processing and canning industry could leverage on this. For example fresh oranges/grapes or apples might be on sale in in Beijing which were harvested/packed just 48 hours before in Multan.

CHINA is helping and cooperate with its own bro PAK, I see no reason why people object it and construction bring job, money, opportunities, only Indian would think be poor is their natural and democratic rights :china::pakistan:

People are making serious mistake in assuming the primary use of CPEC is to export Chinese products to markets in Europe/Africa/MENA and as a import route for oil products from MENA to China.

This type of thinking is flawed. We must keep in mind that 95% of Chinese population live on the Pacific seaboard. Look at the red circle below. By Gwadar the land route is long, torturous and over 3,000 miles. Most of all this would be extremely uneconomical. Only expensive products like perhaps jewellery, hi-tec electronics might pay foor themselves along such a route. These are no where on the China Pak trading radar. As regards oil that is laughable proposition. Moving oil by road is dangerous and expensive. Even then the conta flow twisting CPEC bottlenecks like in the Karakorum would never be able to handle heavy traffic. The only mediums over such long distance that might be able to make any "cut" are oil pipelines or rail transport.

cRBgpEw.jpg

So what is this all about. Well I think it's appetizer. It's just laying the ground in a step by step process. Part one is essentially opening Pakistan to China through CPEC route with a new port without all the political complications of Karachi. This will bring in Chinese industry/traders who can begin to build up trade along the corridor by opening up new opportunities and ventures. If Pakistan proves to be fertile to Chinese in in the first instance by be open to Chinese entreprenuers and in the second instance Pakistan providing them a safe enabling environment/culture then these enterprises will grow. As they grow these will link up with Western China. Down the road in two decades if the trade volumes increases to exponential level then even more invrestment in rail, pipes and motorways through the Karakorum to China.

Is there potential. Yes. Huge. For instance if Chinese agri-companies took over tracts of land in Pakistan on the irrigated Indus plains expect the agro industry to turn into multi-billion dollar industry. For instance Pakistan might become major supplier to Chinese food/agriculture market. Food processing and canning industry could leverage on this. For example fresh oranges/grapes or apples might be on sale in in Beijing which were harvested/packed just 48 hours before in Multan.

u quoted my reply where i never talked about oil, i just mentioned new trade route with enormous opportunities. Would you like to explain what is the difference bw what i said and u explained sir. You have just arm twisted a straight and simple observation.
I would also like to recall that this not only is for private sector benefits but hidden aspects of Chinese and pakistan's strategic advantages which comes (oil being one of them in case of emergency), military advantages and collaborations and transfer. But anyways lets not get into it what what possible uses of CPEC can be . For now it will be used as a means to increase chine exports and pakistani imports/exports depending on what it is used for.

Back
Top Bottom