What's new

David Cameron: Britain Will Never Surrender The Falkland Islands

The constitute of Argentina have work in a way they encourage a different type of constitution with North America, as Wikipedia article put it

Constitution of Argentina of 1853 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The policy is opened to everyone, but who can afford to get there is another issue altogether. In fact the only people in that period can freely move around is predominately white European, that does not mean the Argentine work thru with White European colonialism

The fact stated in the constitution in Argentina is very clear, EVERYONE can migrate to Argentina, to fill empty land and take up responsibility to support the country. But who can get there is another issue that not in argentine control

Today, we see Indian and Chinese flooding top immigration list in both US and Australian, can you say US and Australia is now being constitutionally colonised by India and China?

They wanted European immigrants. The liberal (in the classical sense) regimes governing Latin American countries like Argentina in the 19th century emphasized European migration.

World History Connected | Vol. 7 No. 3 | Lisa M. Edwards: Paths to Progress in Modern Latin America

While all of Latin America in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries was affected by the drive to modernize and attract significant levels of foreign investment, few parts of the region experienced the impact of immigration like Argentina. There, a group of liberal intellectuals and statesmen known as the Generation of 1837, in power after 1862, worked to make Argentine culture mirror European culture. Leaders like Domingo F. Sarmiento, Juan Bautista Alberdi, and Bartolome Mitre believed Argentina would achieve progress once it had an educated, urban, and Europeanized population. Like Thomas Jefferson, they envisioned rural areas populated by yeoman farmers growing wheat and raising livestock for the domestic and export markets.

Alberdi famously said that "to govern is to populate."3 He and his colleagues intended for Argentina's population to grow rapidly through European immigration. Argentine policy in the late nineteenth century encouraged immigration by sending colonization agents to Europe, providing new arrivals with several days' housing upon disembarkation in Buenos Aires, and giving them free passage to agricultural worksites in the interior. Argentina's recruitment efforts were supplemented by migrants drawn to cheap transportation and high wages as well as significant numbers of their own countrymen already settled in the nation by the 1880s and 1890s. Between 1870 and 1914, about six million immigrants arrived. The vast majority hailed from Spain and Italy, although Germans, Swiss, French, British, and Russians also arrived in significant numbers. By 1914, 70% of Buenos Aires' population was foreign-born, and 30% of the entire nation's population had been born elsewhere.4 By the late nineteenth century, easier and cheaper transportation by steamship and railroad had created a global labor market, and Latin America played an important part in it.

Like many European migrants who moved around their own region and to Australia, the United States, and Canada, immigrants to Latin America arrived primarily in search of work, and a large number intended to return to their homelands. Some were known as golondrinas, the swallows, because they migrated seasonally, while others stayed for years before returning home. Over the long term, just over half of the new arrivals who landed in Buenos Aires during this period remained in Argentina; 2.7 million of the 5.9 million total arrivals eventually returned to Europe.5

The liberal Argentine regime discriminated against Natives and Mestizos in favor of white Creoles and European migrants.

The Consolidation of Latin America, 1830-1920

Argentina: The Port and the Nation
The port of Buenos Aires dominated the region of Rio de la Plata. In the 1820s, liberal government was established in the port that sought to stimulate the economy. The leader's preference for a strong, central government provoked the opposition of cattlemen in the plains outside the port. By 1831, a conservative government under Juan Manuel de Rosas replaced the liberals. Rosas's federalism favored the ranchers at the expense of Indians. After Rosas's fall in 1852, a period of political confusion ensued until the creation of a united Argentine Republic in 1862. Liberal reformers sought to manipulate the economic boom after the 1860s. Using profits from increased trade, the liberal government established education systems, built roads, and constructed railroads. The liberal government carried out the final conquest of Indians in Argentina.

Old Patterns of Gender, Class, and Race
Women, many of whom had been active in the independence movements, gained little power during the 19th century. They were excluded from active participation in politics and remained subject to patriarchal authority in their households. The one area of advance for women was broader access to public education and subsequently to positions as teachers. By the end of the 19th century, educated women were in the forefront of the nascent feminist movement in Latin America. Although legal distinctions were often removed, the old social hierarchy based on color and ethnicity was tacitly retained. Indians remained virtually outside the social system of Creoles and mestizos. Socially and economically, the liberal decades led to increasing control of resources, including land, by an elite of white Creoles. After the 1870s, economic change and immigration fostered the creation of greater urban centers, but Latin America remained predominantly agrarian and dependent on the world trade system.

Global Connections: New Latin American Nations and the World
During the 19th century, the former colonies of Latin America constructed new nations. There were many difficulties. Latin America was forced to forge economies in a world trade network already dominated by European nations. Unlike much of the developing world, Latin America cast off European imperialism in the 19th century. The new nations carried with them colonial social systems that were strictly hierarchical and in which a small Creole elite dominated the economy and politics. Native Americans, former slaves, and peasants shared little in the economic expansion of the second half of the century. In a sense, Latin America was the first region of the world to undergo the problems of decolonization. Latin America maintained ties to the West by imitating Western models and because of the growing influence of the United States. Its dependent economy also kept it connected to the world.

And most of the Arabs who were admitted into America, Australia, and south American countrie like Chile, Argentine, and Brazil during this period were mostly Syrians (from Syria and Lebanon) who were considered "white" on the census. People from the Levant were considered on the same level as southern Europeans- such as Italians and Greeks, while not as high status as "Nordic" German Europeans.

Even then, southern Europeans and Mediterranean people were discriminated against since they weren't "Nordic".

http://revistahistoria.uc.cl/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/rebolledo-antonia-28.pdf

An Arab Christian Community « Latin Arabia

The hierarchy was that Nordic Europeans were given the higest status, followed by mediterranean people and pretty much anyone else (non white people) were banned from obtaining citizenship in America, Australia, and south America.

In Australia, the racist term "wog" (white oriental gentleman) usually includes SouthEast Europeans (Greeks) as well as Middle Easterners (Lebanese)

The connotation is that Greeks, etc are not really white like AngloSaxons and Nordics.

They wanted European immigrants. The liberal (in the classical sense) regimes governing Latin American countries like Argentina in the 19th century emphasized European migration.

World History Connected | Vol. 7 No. 3 | Lisa M. Edwards: Paths to Progress in Modern Latin America

The liberal Argentine regime discriminated against Natives and Mestizos in favor of white Creoles and European migrants.

The Consolidation of Latin America, 1830-1920

They "Encourge" European immigrant, they want All immigrant

The problem with European Immigrant at that time is, US and Britain is also recruiting them.

During the great immigration boost, the reason why European is preferred or encouraged is because that time the skill and finance situation of supper an settler is no match from other part of the world

Everyone prefer European immigrant at that time and the prospect of non-European immigrant is not great, but that does not alter the Argentina immigration policy. Which is open for all

I prefer blonde European, but does that translated to I will never go out with a brunette European? Or a Chinese?

The 1st quote is referring to the 1870 conquest of the desert which I already stated in my post

2nd and 3rd quote is about Latin America, not talking about Argentina

To an SOB like you, how many times I have to tell you to get the fxxk off my comments???

Your a product of extreme retardation. The Argentines ARE the product of colonialism, they are descendants of European colonialist settlers, and the Argentine state is a result of colonialism, just like the United States is a result of colonialism on Native Americans.

Britain never had a consistent policy of attacking non western countries and imperialism. It acted according to its interests and sometimes supported non-western powers.

After the Second Opium war, from the 1870s-1890s, Britain supported China and even considered a military alliance. It helped modernize China's military, it sent military officers over to advise, during the 1880s Britain considerd allying with China as a counterwieght against the Russians, (the British officer Charles Gordon was sent to militarily advise China for possible war with Russia during the ili Crisis) and during the First Sino-Japanese war, British medical teams helped (since China only modernized military equipment, and ignored western medical technology). China had expected British aid during the Sino-French War.

Journal of the Royal Army Medical Corps - Google Books

The British officer Captain Lang was advising the training of the Beiyang navy, he took the Beiyang fleet on a tour to Russian and Japanese fleets to indimate them, and forcefully dealt with the Japanese during an incident at port.

Chinese turret ship Dingyuan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Spectator - Google Books

The British aided the Ottomans in the Crimean War against Russia, since Russia threatened British interests in Egypt and India.

Britain never massacred "hundreds of thousands" of Chinese like you claimed in one of your posts here. They may have been racist against non Anglo Saxos and treated them in a condescending manner, but they never tried to commit mass genocide against non westerners like the Germans did in Namibia to Hereros or what the Germans did in Tanzania to African Muslims in the Maji Maji uprising.

And Whoops i accidently thumbed up your comment, need to thumb it back down again.

Those who looted from the world will end up being looted by the world eventually.

Please return ours as well, we'll be eternally grateful.

The genetic markup of Argentinians is majority European -- from 65% to 80+%.

@Wholegrain - please be VERY careful when interacting with this guy jhungary. He is trying to entrap you into making rude remarks or worse, so he can complain about you to the mods.
No I am not saying Argentina should do the same to Malvinas/Falkland. What I am saying is that if the British really believe in the right to self determination then give it to Chagos people as well. Why only use the excuse of self determination when it suits you? That's what the hypocrisy is here. But leave it, the "evil" British will continue to live in selective amnesia.
No I am not saying Argentina should do the same to Malvinas/Falkland. What I am saying is that if the British really believe in the right to self determination then give it to Chagos people as well. Why only use the excuse of self determination when it suits you? That's what the hypocrisy is here. But leave it, the "evil" British will continue to live in selective amnesia.
To an SOB like you, how many times I have to tell you to get the fxxk off my comments???

Those who looted from the world will end up being looted by the world eventually.
I thought you were against looting? Make your mind up!

If you find something objectionable, the best option is to use the 'Report' button at the lower left corner of the post. Please use it judiciously.
If you find something objectionable, the best option is to use the 'Report' button at the lower left corner of the post. Please use it judiciously.
Not really sure what your saying, I don't report people, I just ignore insulting or stupid ones who are only here to cause upheaval.

Of course I am against looting. However, what goes around comes around.

For uk, you have looted the world for so many years. That is why now the british are in such an uneasy mood about themselves falling into the 2nd tiers or even weaker with time going on. They perfectly understand that what they have looted need to be returned, one way or another.

In its worst nightmare, those looted former colonies become so strong that it may become the target being looted in the future. For that, I can only say you get what you deserved.

Just like what ussr did to germany in later and the end of WWII in retaliation to what germany did to ussr initially.

I thought you were against looting? Make your mind up!

Of course I am against looting. However, what goes around comes around.

For uk, you have looted the world for so many years. That is why now the british are in such an uneasy mood about themselves falling into the 2nd tiers or even weaker with time going on. They perfectly understand that what they have looted need to be returned, one way or another.

In its worst nightmare, those looted former colonies become so strong that it may become the target being looted in the future. For that, I can only say you get what you deserved.

Just like what ussr did to germany in later and the end of WWII in retaliation to what germany did to ussr initially.

Argentina is not a fomer colony of the UK you idiot.

Argentina should just take back what belongs to it.

Argentina should just take back what belongs to it.
Amazed at the number of people here who do not have a clue. (Waits for usual Rant about 'Colonial British' in reply.) from those who fail to understand that Argentina was colonised as well. So Mr Liall tell me why you think that.

Argentina is not a former colony of the UK you idiot.
They really are clueless about the situation are they not.

Amazed at the number of people here who do not have a clue. (Waits for usual Rant about 'Colonial British' in reply.) from those who fail to understand that Argentina was colonised as well. So Mr Liall tell me why you think that.

They really are clueless about the situation are they not.

SO was HONG KONG. Did you not handover hong kong to China? Yea you did cuz China is strong Argentina isnt. Argentina was colonised or not is history. Independent country now and Argentina needs to do what China did.

SO was HONG KONG. Did you not handover hong kong to China? Yea you did cuz China is strong Argentina isnt. Argentina was colonised or not is history. Independent country now and Argentina needs to do what China did.
We did not Invade the Falklands. Argentina did, by force and treated the population brutally. We threw them out rightfully so. Of course we did not fight China, do you think we are Insane?? However Hong Kong was leased to us for 99 years. we handed it back when the lease was up TOTALLY DIFFERENT SITUATION. And now you are contradicting yourself. I suggest you go and read the true history before mouthing off about something you know NOTHING about. Falklands History

We did not Invade the Falklands. Argentina did, by force and treated the population brutally. We threw them out rightfully so. Of course we did not fight China, do you think we are Insane?? However Hong Kong was leased to us for 99 years. we handed it back when the lease was up TOTALLY DIFFERENT SITUATION. And now you are contradicting yourself. I suggest you go and read the true history before mouthing off about something you know NOTHING about. Falklands History

Meh few more years bro few more!!

Back
Top Bottom