What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defence budget breakdown which shows the current fiscal's actual figures and the interim figures together, subdivided into categories wrt the forces.

told u last year only..................bad times ahead.
we need to sign a 6 billion$ pakfa contract too for r&d with russia,,then there is p-75i project,,super sukhoi too.

should have been more systematic,now we need to dole out the money at the same time

@sancho

http://indiabudget.nic.in/ub2014-15/eb/sbe27.pdf

The above, unless we are going to draw from the funds in the non-planned category, and I mean draw ALL of it, its going to be difficult.

told u last year only..................bad times ahead.
we need to sign a 6 billion$ pakfa contract too for r&d with russia,,then there is p-75i project,,super sukhoi too.

should have been more systematic,now we need to dole out the money at the same time

Its not that bad, the issue is that the government is keeping a close watch on its purse strings for at least a while before it settles in for proper expenditure.

@sancho

The above, unless we are going to draw from the funds in the non-planned category, and I mean draw ALL of it, its going to be difficult.

Its not that bad, the issue is that the government is keeping a close watch on its purse strings for at least a while before it settles in for proper expenditure.
It will pinch us in this state of economy,,,of course we will sign the deals but better planning would have avoided this mess.Personally i am more interested in pakfa and super sukhoi upgrade,,,if it at all happens

It will pinch us in this state of economy,,,of course we will sign the deals but better planning would have avoided this mess.Personally i am more interested in pakfa and super sukhoi upgrade,,,if it at all happens

Lol, shifting from non-planned to planned expenditure (those are specific terms and not generalizations) would have helped.

@sancho

I saw that earlier too and if I'm not mistaken it say around $2.7 billion dollar for aircraft & engine procurements and another $2.5 billion for "other equipment". But it doesn't say for what kind of aircrafts or equipment this budget is meant for, nor does it say how much of the money that was allocated in the last budget is still available for it. This is "just" the total budget that is allocated newly for this FY, but it needs to be seen on what the money will be spend on.

I saw that earlier too and if I'm not mistaken it say around $2.7 billion dollar for aircraft & engine procurements and another $2.5 billion for "other equipment". But it doesn't say for what kind of aircrafts or equipment this budget is meant for, nor does it say how much of the money that was allocated in the last budget is still available for it. This is "just" the total budget that is allocated newly for this FY, but it needs to be seen on what the money will be spend on.

The heads are actually quite descriptive, the other equipment category expenses are not going to get used for the MMRCA, since the category of "air crafts and aero engines" is quite clear and self explanatory (anything to the contrary would render the very point of having separate headers futile), also since there is no planned expenditure heading it would be risky to assume that the complete 2.7 billion or so dollars are slated for Rafale (not saying that they can't be), but it would require completely emptying the non planned funds for the IAF slated for aircraft since incidentally 2 billion+ is pretty much what the first installment would look like.

@sancho Not to mention that previous installments are ALSO paid out of the capex funds, so new MKIs, upgrades, engines being bought for the Jags (IF the Jag upg goes through finally), all of that comes under the same head. Ergo the problem when planned expenditure is not expounded upon.

Last edited:
, also since there is no planned expenditure heading it would be risky to assume that the complete 2.7 billion or so dollars are slated for Rafale

Who said it would, you actually only need $1.5 to 1.8 billion, for MMRCA alone, while the rest could be diverted to other procurements. The point however is, that that chart doesn't show specifics on how much money will be diverted for what, nor how much money is left from the last budget. MMRCA was budgeted in the last FY, so anything money that is left from that will be in addition to the new budget. So if $700 million were left, you only need $1 billion from the new budget and that goes for all procurement that were in the budget last year, if that budget were not used.

When you compare the interim budget of the UPA and this new budget, you will see that the allocation for IAF has not changed and both governments were / are planing with MMRCA within this FY.

2474544.jpg

2470310.jpg

What happened to the deal? Has it been sealed?

Sir, If it would be sealed, you would for sure see 10 threads running on PDF :)
something like
"china and pakistan beware Rafale is coming - India TV"
"IAF getting ready to fight two front war - Rajat Pandit"
and loads of other posts by Indian, French and other proponents of the deal.

I don't see this deal getting signed this year. If not this year, it will never.

Sir, If it would be sealed, you would for sure see 10 threads running on PDF :)
something like
"china and pakistan beware Rafale is coming - India TV"
"IAF getting ready to fight two front war - Rajat Pandit"
and loads of other posts by Indian, French and other proponents of the deal.

I don't see this deal getting signed this year. If not this year, it will never.

Yeah, I think the time is running out to seal this deal, same goes with the UAE's potential deal.

What happened to the deal? Has it been sealed?

Reports says the hard part of the negotiations are over (ToT & Offset) and others can be wrapped up in 3-4 months and they(Negotiation ppl incl, MoD, IAF & HAL personnel) will be ready for the contract.

Then its up to the MoD (Central Govt.) decide. Having said that, it is unlikely to get signed in this fiscal year(end of March 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom