What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not, in fact the facts state otherwise.......

Oh u will know when the new budget is presented.
I do hope I am wrong from the bottom of my heart.

We need to streamline the process

Weapons on offer for Indian Rafales:
- AIM 9X / AIM 120D
- Paveway LGB / JDAM PGM
- HARM / HARPOON
- R73 / R77
- Kh 31
- Brahmos M
- Python V / Derby
- SPICE
Brimstone was on offer, but might have been gone now, after high integration costs were asked. MBDA also is offering AASM 125 and 1000, although both might have low chances in India compared to their Israeli counterparts.

What about Meteor?

What about Meteor?

That list only includes weapons that are not already available, or under integration to Rafale now. METEOR is under integration and will be available for IAF from 2018 onwards.

That list only includes weapons that are not already available, or under integration to Rafale now. METEOR is under integration and will be available for IAF from 2018 onwards.
first shoot "live" feb 2015

Apart from that, Dassault announces a world first on their web tv for saturday

A world premiere - Saturday, April 12th | Dassault Aviation WebTV

Apparently Rafale is concerned . make your guess (i have mine, but would be too nice)

Bk2nImbIQAE1_1l.jpg

French AF will deply 3 rafales in India for next Garuda exercise (May 5-16) so as to showcase Rafale capabilities

French AF will deply 3 rafales in India for next Garuda exercise (May 5-16) so as to showcase Rafale capabilities

I love the Rafale :smitten:

Our Navy should get its hand on 55 of these.

With our special relations with France, We must go for it along with three more Franco-made equipments.

I love the Rafale :smitten:

Our Navy should get its hand on 55 of these. With our special relations with France, We must go for it along with three more Franco-made equipment.

It is a good aircraft but if you are to save money invest in Sea Gripen from costs perspective yet a very advanced aircraft to be in its category.

It is a good aircraft but if you are to save money invest in Sea Gripen from costs perspective yet a very advanced aircraft to be in its category.
Come on! The Saudis aren't going to let a little thing like money get in the way if their military purchases. They have the luxury of being able to purchase almost anything they want.

Gripen-NG is a cost effective fighter for sure but loses out to the Rafale across the board as far as capabilities go. If you want the best you have to shell out the big bucks. You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

No, Sweden isn't a partner we could rely on. We will never make an agreement with them - although they did offer several equipments in the past -

Finance isn't everything when it comes to national security.
Come on! The Saudis aren't going to let a little thing like money get in the way if their military purchases. They have the luxury of being able to purchase almost anything they want.

Gripen-NG is a cost effective fighter for sure but loses out to the Rafale across the board as far as capabilities go. If you want the best you have to shell out the big bucks. You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

The Gripen is inferior compared to the Rafale, and that's a fact.

@Gabriel92

621 pages and the deal has not been finalised yet :rolleyes:

And Pakistanis are accused of needless speculation and fantasy :rolleyes::disagree:. From plain news,and something known as common sense, it is clear that the deal is put off until a new government comes in. There are many reasons for this.. the new GoI could be aggressive towards past policies in an effort to whitewash its predecessor and cancel or review the deal(delaying it further) , A new government signing the deal would absolve the current one of any problems(if it goes sour)..and so on. Secondly, the government requires a smooth sailing for elections and signing a $20 billion plus deal give your opposition a lot of political ammo.

The Rafale or MMRCA is not the holy grail though, it is built around IAF requirements and if the IAF finds itself unable to meet its requirements(or revised req...which it does yearly) with the deal then it can go for something else. I find this unlikely.. from a very businessman point of view.

Every deal goes through a cost analysis and the whole feasibility thing.. where NPVs are taken(even if in some other name and so on). The IAF probably gamed out other alternatives to putting its $20 billion elsewhere(quick FGFA,LCA Mk2, AMCA etc etc) and the benefits it would bring.. and at the end arrived at the MMRCA program. So unless heaven forbid there is a massive natural disaster in India that wreaks its economy.. I would consider the MMRCA deal safe(if albeit prone to more delays) .

I have been the biggest cynic of Rafale over the last 18 months posting numerous threads that i felt it would be cancelled or massivelly delayed.

TODAY i have reasessed the current scenario and changed my opinion and am certain the deal will be signed and very importantly it will be signed before the Autumn of this year.

There are several very good reasons for this.

1. Both the french and the indians are too far up the garden path to let this fail too much time and money spent making this happen.

2. IAF is in a terrible state about to phase out 320 obsel;ete MIG21/27 fighters by 2018 literally half their fleet. LCA tejas going along at typical indian snails pace the Rafale will have to come. There is no other credible choice

3. The cost intially seems high TOO HIGH but this is country that paid USA $4.5 BILLION for 10 Transport planes and $2.7 billion for a russian scrapped scarrier. SO $24 billion TO BUY 125 of the worlds most advanced fighters with TOT will not scare the indians.

4. IAF premier fighter the SU30MKI is no longer state of the art as it was in 2004 surpassed and overtaken by euro canrards , F35 and soon J20 iaf NEEDS a kick *** tip of the spear multi roler to give IAF the state of art fighter until FGFA arrive in 10 years time. Rafale is needed for hundred different reasons.

FOR THIS REASON it will be coming SOON

No, Sweden isn't a partner we could rely on. We will never make an agreement with them - although they did offer several equipments in the past -

Finance isn't everything when it comes to national security.

The Gripen is inferior compared to the Rafale, and that's a fact.

Hi, I would have replied but this is not a Thread for that...If saudi goverment was interested in Rafale and cost was not the problem they would have dumped Typhoon deal in favor of Rafale including funding for a more powerful engine and other Technologies Transfer...The Typhoon program is not dead in coming years infact by 2020 Typhoons would have been in position to have everything Rafale has little bit of edge in different departments so you should not be dishearten I have full confidence Typhoon would turn out to be heavy weight in time...I tell you throw as much more money and see BAE would come up with even better...the Block 20 EOC 3 will commence so the program is not becoming dead by 3-5 years it should satisfiy the customers greatly.

I am not sure how you perceive saudi goverment as if whatever they want they throw money at without consolations and professional evaluations. I said it before if Rafale was of a great benefit they would have gone to french for it and maybe even more F-15s would have been dropped...even a radical plan why Rafale when F-15 with excellent capabilities for A2A/A2G can do the job very well and is still relative cheaper than Rafale and comes with much wider range of weapons suite plus the infrastructure is in place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom