What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
$50 million a pop is just a estimate it is no guarantee and we all know with Russia and it's price increases once contracts have been signed.

we dont need to ask for TOT in the case. this will significantly reduce the price.
the flyaway cost will be around $55mil.

many things cam be achived form the deal.

a li'l dissapointed...but chalega...these were the best two fighter...congrats IAF

Whatever it is I am sure India's defense ministry is not staffed by idiots to make the wrong choice. Now I have to sink into 31 pages in the Arabic Defense forum over this.... This Typhoon vs Rafale is seriously getting old x(

God help me it is going to be a forum warzone there....

Nor team of Australian scientists also that internet warriors may prove themselves smarter than them, Australian scientists who first kicked EFT and heavily criticised F35/ JSF also and shortlisted Rafale with F35 mainly because they know that they would always shortlist one US’s aircraft as Australia’s 1st to last choice will always be an American aircraft. that reaserch was done to check Australia's decision for its biggest ever deal. same as for Saudi also who are going for EFT as it also has leg of US, otherwise Saudi’s first to last choice is also an American aircraft only.

Scientists warned defence department against Joint Strike Fighter

It said Europe's Typhoon fighter had limited strike capability and was unreliable.

"Present (strike) capability is lacking due to limited sensors and weapons carrying capability," it said of the Typhoon.

"Low reliability will mean high costs to operate."

Despite these criticisms, the study recommended narrowing Australia's choice of a new fighter jet to only three: the JSF, the American F-15E and the French Rafale.

Cookies must be enabled | The Australian

And to help forum people understand, you would ask them just few simple questions, First, “chose one plane from EFT and Rafale who has better A2G capabilities. Then they will answer its Rafale only but they will also say that EFT is top for A2A operations.” And then you would ask them, “now chose a better plane than Rafale for A2G role, then they will again say its Rafale only.” And then you ask them, “if EFT is the best for air superiority role, any example? Then one Turkish may suddenly answer that even a Turkish F16 block52 beat EFT in dog fight a year before.” And about me, as Im mainly based in Australia, I may say that our scientists find Rafale capable enough to dodge any incoming missile in A2A combat but not even F35/ JSF with making serious criticism on EFT also. In their research, Australian scientists could blame Rafale for weak engine only, nothing else. While this MRCA deal was for Multi Role Combat Aircraft, not for an air superiority aircraft for what IAF already has SU30MKI (now its Super Sukhoi 30 with stealth features.) and like in your post ‘7586’, don’t discuss different technical terms as first we are not qualified to talk about them, and second if you do market research then if you gain on one point then you lose something on other points at the same time and the ‘fittest’ option is what you would look for.

And with so many political factors like offer of having industry of EFT, closeness with top four EU nations except France, with offer of aid of one billion pound also from UK, with combined pressure from US+UK+Germany etc, Rafale was selected over EFT as IAF wants the better option than EFT, not politics.

At the same time you would add that even if F16 & Mirage2000 first came in production in 80s, F16s and Mirage2000 are still getting order like recent order by IAF for upgrade Mirage 2000 and F16s are still being delivered to Pakistan as their top gun). As, if India took over 5 years to finalise its MMRCA deal then over 3 years for a similar size country Brazil have already been passed, (like how US has spent over 16 to 18 years for development on F35/ JSF, but still 7-8 years more may be required for it to get IOC). It is because 8 – 10 years is almost nothing for arm industries. I remember, when IAF was considering Mirage2000-5 mk2 for this same MMRCA in 2007 which was fit in comparison with F16, SH, Mig29, etc. and even if Mirage2000, Mig29, F16 etc could also do their work competently and economically, it was clear that time also that Rafale will be the ‘next generation’ option for IAF, the reason why France has closed production line of Mirage2000 and now its Rafale for them.

Personally. I think India should not have gone after Rafale. Rafale already experiences huge difficulties in introducing new modifications. Meaning although it is a very capable jet "NOW" however in the future its prospects are dim. France couldn't complete the UAE deal because they "Can't" and I repeat "Can't" make the upgrading the UAE required.

Now and up to about 2022 it will remain a beat in the sky but not much after that. And if india is buying a plane it is only seeking to induct for 10 years then excuse me but this is counter-productive and a waste of cash if you ask me.====

I would like to advice you to remain happy with F15 and EFT as none of F35/ PAK FA/ J20 would see their even IOC within 7 to 8 years from now. even for F35, it is estimated at 2018 right now, while PAK FA and J20 will have to wait for few more years to declare their IOC date. And currently its only Rafale, EFT, F15E, SU35/ SU30MKI who can be said to be the best in world for the different type of operations. while Rafale already has infrastrure of Mirage2000, easy to induct and suitable for IAC-2 also :smokin:

a li'l dissapointed...but chalega...these were the best two fighter...congrats IAF

:lol: I guess it will be more than "chalega".
Sorry mate, I can understand from where you are coming from. I also wanted the EFT to win.
But now I am a Rafale fanboy :yahoo:

Why those ******* Britain not returning the loots from India and China, shameless of them! God damn it!

Is it the first time yours and ours views are similar :woot:

On topic: I guess with all the modernisation of the Indian armed forces and already formidible armed forces you have, future military conflicts will now have lesser chances of occurring. Its more like a deterrent and I dare say with the economic boom in our countries, we would hardly like to ruin all the hardwork in a military adventure. Luckily the political and the military leaders are not as dumb like us internet warriors :toast_sign:

RAFALE+TOOn.jpg

we dont need to ask for TOT in the case. this will significantly reduce the price.
the flyaway cost will be around $55mil.

many things cam be achived form the deal.

At the moment it's still a demo plane it's not been configured as to how the final setup of the MIG35 will be in the production stage and why do we need to purchase it when we have the Sukhois? what will the Mig bring us i can't understand the need for it.

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

Rafael can drop nuclear Bomb?

Yes but how we tamper with it is our business but im sure we can get some covert help if need be but i think DRDO can pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom