What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all political now.
No more technical takes here.

Not exactly, more economical/industrial I would say because MMRCA has a big focus on these fields (high amount of ToT and offsets). Political advantages didn't played a big role, otherwise the US fighters had more to offer and wouldn't be rejected that early.

Not exactly, more economical/industrial I would say because MMRCA has a big focus on these fields (high amount of ToT and offsets). Political advantages didn't played a big role, otherwise the US fighters had more to offer and wouldn't be rejected that early.

I think politics did play a major role in the US snub.
Not to mention the many shackles such as CISMOA that come with US weapon systems.

Its more likely that Rafale would be the winner.
It's past mid december, where the hell is the announcement?

Not to mention the many shackles such as CISMOA that come with US weapon systems.

What political advantage India would have by snubbing the US? I agree with the rest, but those issues were against IAF requirements and not political.

Its more likely that Rafale would be the winner.
It's past mid december, where the hell is the announcement?

The calculations and negotiations will take time, hope they get to a decision till the end of this month.

What political advantage India would have by snubbing the US? I agree with the rest, but those issues were against IAF requirements and not political.

Political statement....friends not masters to use the old line.

benefit Pakistan?

Yes.. which jet would be "easier(if the term is applicable)" for the PAF to tackle.

The entire evaluation was done purely on the basis of technical tests carried out by the IAF.
Even western analysts believe that

[/COLOR]
We are talking about the decision, NOT the evaluation.

Its more to do with - doing India's bit to prop up sagging economies of Europe, apart from the really old platforms proposed by the US companies, But the F16 with AESA was mouth watering only problem was PAF operating the same.

Yes you r right, the aspect was both political and economics.

decision has been postponed coz of X mas season holidays .. as most of the Euro negotiators want to go home for Holidays ... i think now decision will be in public only after X mas season...

I hope decision makers are pretty sure when they think of BAE vs EADS..now that we are happilly gazzing in both their windows on the defence street...Im sure decision makers have a list of potential tie-ups/co-ops/tots palnned for the years ahead with each of the...the mrca will defo go to the one partnerhip thats holds more promise in the coming years..heres my peg to a wise decison :) ..(gulp... :P)

yes.. which jet would be "easier(if the term is applicable)" for the PAF to tackle.
IMNSHO
I'd say that rafale would probably be easier to tackle
but to tell u the truth no on can really say much about such a case
these a/c arent even combat proven

Political statement....friends not masters to use the old line.

Yes.. which jet would be "easier(if the term is applicable)" for the PAF to tackle.

i dont think out of two .. any fighter will be easier to tackle .... both are better than current MKI configuration ... and Pakistani has no capability to match either on Quality or quantity ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom